Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: quickie about O's

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
no not really
aight theres the wrong wheres the correct, i need the info please
Old 02-18-2009, 06:27 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zxonone
aight theres the wrong wheres the correct, i need the info please
circles are circles. the clutch comes into play when you spin up a highside. if you dont pull it in when it spins up itll stall out on you regardless of your gearing or whatever else. ive been on 20 diff bikes with 20 diff gearings in the last few years and i dont use the clutch any more or any less with any of them. the clutch serves a purpose for the tricks you are doing not as a crutch for lack of gearing. if you have to slip your clutch constantly to keep your circles giong that means your riding them too high and need to lean your bike into the circle farther cuz youre constantly highsiding and losing momentum thats why you need to slip the clutch not to stall out.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 AM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person
Talking Re: quickie about O's

learn to work the clutch. if you start to highside you can save yourself by pulling in the clutch. eventually youll get to where you can stall it out and clutch back in. but you dont need to constantly slip the clutch for circles if youre doing them right. the idea is to keep the bike leaned in. if its comming up and stalling out on you then you need to shove the bike back down into the circle. if its lowsiding out on you then you need to hit the gas and push the bike to the outside of the circle. these things are hard to achieve learning staggered circs. seat standers come alot faster as you have alot more control with the even pressure of your feet. ppl who tell you to keep looking in well, i dont believe that. its true somewhat but whats most important is that you dont get locked into something cuz if you get caught up staring to the inside youll end up lowsiding out. keep control with your body. oh and get on the gas early, if you over think it too much its gonna be too late and youre gonna power highside yourself. small throttle inputs, small brake inputs.
this man knows his **** listen to him , that is a great definition of smoooth!
another thing. get some video, its easier to give you help if we can see it. mostly it just takes time to get your muscles trained to react.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 AM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

cover the clutch incase you stall, or start to highside! once you get really good at o's then you can use the clutch more and have some fun!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 AM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person
Talking Re: quickie about O's

Somehow my quote got in at the end of sdfkillz reply, listen to that man that's a great defenition of smooth!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:00 AM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

The biggest problem I had was the front end was dropping about 3/4 of the way around. Make sure and keep the front end high and consistent.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

so should i try an be in front or behind balance point startin the circle? i mean once i clutch it up an start to turn in should i be way back or right in front? i think i feel better not usin the clutch an tryin either ss on on the rear pegs stagg is not good yet lol. but the concept of lockin my left leg goin to the left an bendin my right legs helps out alot it makes the bike dip in more but i start to low side an give it gas an it flung my bitch *** off lol but im gettin 3/4 good now jus that last half i wanna set a buildin on fire haha but id say this all helps alot but so far im still suckin haha so in a couple weeks ill thank you all when i can do them then lol but it is helpin so anything else keep it comin its alot to remember but im keepin it all in mind
maybe cuz i clutch it up an in the circle it goes yut yut yut yut yut then i get the ughhhhh unexpected an i go over muahahahahaha
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 AM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

lol **** i hope i didnt fuq up my advice thread
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM

well currently I just use the clutch when the bike stalls, or right before anyway, when it wants to highside its usually cause my body is fighting it and I just need to push the bike down into the circle again. The original question was when do you NEED the clutch, I was just tryin to say that you dont NEED it unless your doin tight circles on a stock geared bike, if your circles are fast and wide i.e higher rpm your gonna have more momentum and higher revs so less likely to stall. I realize the clutch is used when you make a "mistake" and let the bike go to high and save with too much brake, but I was under the impression you will have more of a "window" to not make a mistake with more gearing, less likely to stall goin slow cause your turnin more revs at a lower speed cause of gearing, not to mention more torque so you can give smaller more controlled throttle inputs, with equal amounts of engine brake that stock gearing cant give you at 1 mph.
Ive seen video of you riding sdf im not tryin to argue with you at all, your much better than I. However, in order for me to do something well I need to totally understand it, its just how I work, and im trying to get better mostly through hours of practice, but not mindless practice, why did I stall, why did lowside/highside, what gives me that feeling that im gonna be tossed from the bike, etc... With all that said SL and sdf, please school me at circles.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 PM

double post my bad, not to mention it was of that wall of text....

DSTB40 I beleive you wanna be at BP not behind it or in front of it. behind it doesnt seem to work to well, in front of BP your gonna have a lot of momentum to fight and its really gonna wanna high side you.. get the bike balanced out real smooth under you before you push it into the circle. and push it in dont lean it in. thats what I have been workin on anyway hope its right.

Last edited by zxonone; 02-18-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dstb40
so should i try an be in front or behind balance point startin the circle? i mean once i clutch it up an start to turn in should i be way back or right in front? i think i feel better not usin the clutch an tryin either ss on on the rear pegs stagg is not good yet lol. but the concept of lockin my left leg goin to the left an bendin my right legs helps out alot it makes the bike dip in more but i start to low side an give it gas an it flung my bitch *** off lol but im gettin 3/4 good now jus that last half i wanna set a buildin on fire haha but id say this all helps alot but so far im still suckin haha so in a couple weeks ill thank you all when i can do them then lol but it is helpin so anything else keep it comin its alot to remember but im keepin it all in mind
maybe cuz i clutch it up an in the circle it goes yut yut yut yut yut then i get the ughhhhh unexpected an i go over muahahahahaha
to initiate the circle you want to be behind bp on the brake, when it gets to that certain point where its falling into the circle then let off the brake and from that point its brake tapping throttle blipping and pushing and pulling the bike side to side to either cram it back down in or pull it back up from low siding.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM

to initiate the circle you want to be behind bp on the brake, when it gets to that certain point where its falling into the circle then let off the brake and from that point its brake tapping throttle blipping and pushing and pulling the bike side to side to either cram it back down in or pull it back up from low siding.
I stand correctedm AGAIN. I think I do that anyway just didnt realize it. kinda storing some energy in the brake so when you push it down you can let off brake instad of blip or maybe do both if neccessary.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

yea my problem before was actually tryin to turn the circle an not lean an push it into the circle. now that you say that it makes more sense hopefully tomorrow i can make some kind of progress. but stay balanced then go into the circle. thanks for the help again lol im checkin this **** sll the time till tomorrow. maybe i can get some vid up so u can critique my bad habbits or what im not doin right?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:05 AM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person

NIKE said it best!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

Yea i said i know the best advice is jus do it but a lil help is useful too
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 AM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

might sound dumb, but i think you need to go into them a little faster. your bike is fuel injected so it shouldn't be bogging down. sounds like your gettin them, just need to keep comitting and go for it man.

good luck,

Jrod
Old 02-19-2009, 01:49 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

So, I have a quick question about O's... Should you have your idle up just as high as you would for other tricks i.e. no-handers...?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I've learned my circles to the right staggard, with a max of just over 4. Can hit 2 pretty consistantly, so still just learning but always been posting clips for feed back which has been an incredible help not having anyone to help in person.
Through it all the main tips/points made were commit(lean/push the bike into it), gas it(if you start getting whipped grab the clutch and use the brake), don't ride the brake, gas it, stand tall on the bike(don't hang off it), do it a milliom more times.
From my practice come in smooth on idle lean/push the bike in the direction of the O, counter steering the bars helped for me, give a blip if needed lean/push blip or tap brake keep the bike high. Connect the smaller 1/4 1/2 turns to full rotations.All in all it's difficult to sum up, gotta develop a feel for it so you can correct things while they're happening. Like riding BP is easy to explain, takes time to feel comfortable do it smoothly.
As for idle it's probally more preferance, lower idle you'll need more throttle input, higher idle more brake input, my bike idles around 10 mph 3000-3500.

Last edited by cjoec01; 02-19-2009 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Thinking too hard, need to ride.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by JesseJacobs
So, I have a quick question about O's... Should you have your idle up just as high as you would for other tricks i.e. no-handers...?
idle is def all preference. sometimes i ride with my idle as low as 2200 and someimtes ill crank it up to 4 just for fun. its all in what feels good to you, theres no right or wrong on it. for learning purposes you need to have it adjusted so its not making you rape your brake so much that your bogging and stalling out, or the other end where youre circling on mostly throttle. find the medium to make it smooth so you can better feel what youre doing.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 AM

whenever I see video of people learning O's they all seem to lean to the inside to initiate the circle and I believe, if im not mistaken, that this actually makes you fight the bike more physically rather than just ride with the bike. When I saw your video cjoe and even in your avatar it looks to me like your body positioning is off just a tad.. I could be wrong just a thought maybe someone who is better than I could chime in on this.. Ive always heard stay in line with the bike dont lean to the outside or inside, and dont lean to turn at all use your upper body. anyway tryin to help and learn myself.

Quick Reply: quickie about O's