Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Re: Paint Job

Originally Posted by x2weelz
Na i'm not gonna take it to that one dude anymore. I found an paint shop. So i wont be buyin the paint myself. They got it all, its better that way i know its gettin done righ. Thanks for all your advise though...
it sounds like you made the best decision. hope your bike turns out nice.

Originally Posted by x2weelz
Yea man PPG is hard a *** to find, a friend of mine had to go to another city to get it. Thats kind sad huh lol, but if you want it you go get it...Its what ever though i dond care realy they are stuntbikes as long as they look good, i dont care bout the brand of paint...
i only have experience shooting Glasurit, which i can personally say is crap, HOK which is obviously number 1 for a reason and PPG which i find to come in a close 2nd to HOK.

i cant speak for DuPont or Sherwin Williams because i have zero experience with both of those lines, but i have seen some quality work done with DuPont.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:56 PM

D Rail is a decent person

i just did my bike with dupont and i am far from a professional painter and it came out ok. i still have to clear it but not hard to work with. its all about prep work for sure. as i said this was my first attempt at doing anything like a bike and i used this thread to get a round about idea https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...work+for+paint . hope the place thats doing your bike does it right and it comes out for you.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Paint It

kaosquad is a decent person

I use BASF's RM paint line its just as good as PPG and you can get it O'reillys
Old 02-18-2009, 11:03 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by D Rail
i just did my bike with dupont and i am far from a professional painter and it came out ok. i still have to clear it but not hard to work with. its all about prep work for sure. as i said this was my first attempt at doing anything like a bike and i used this thread to get a round about idea https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...work+for+paint . hope the place thats doing your bike does it right and it comes out for you.
spraying clear is the hardest part of painting.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 PM

D Rail is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05

yea def i know thats why i am nervous to start but hopefully it comes out decent. i was just saying how the dupont base is decent stuff
Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
That's the truth. There is a very, very fine line between laying it on smooth and running it. Sand paper and buffers are your friend, LMAO.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 AM

x2weelz is a decent person

Yea man, the place is supposely good. A friend of mine who is good with computer design **** and spray paintin is makin the design of the bike...the color the design, and the powder coating of the frame. This bike is gonna be sexy lol. The f4i has two sets of fairings street and stunt(racing kit) i like blowing money specially on my bikes . I still dont know the color for the f4i ... Once they done i'll post pics...