Marble Paint Job !! who's got experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 PM

da Liks is a decent person
Re: Marble Paint Job !! who's got experience?

the marble paintjob is ****** easy!!! just lay down a base color (say white) let it dry. then spray half a coats worth of lets say black over it and just dab it with some crumpled up saran wrap or really thin plastic.. let it dry and clearcoat it.. easy peasy!!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM

DeviousJoe is a decent person

last i heard he was working on getting that true fire on lock everythign he paints is CLEAN flawless very artistic dude
Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 PM

getlikeme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeviousJoe
last i heard he was working on getting that true fire on lock everythign he paints is CLEAN flawless very artistic dude
hurd of his prices on such a job joe?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by da Liks
the marble paintjob is ****** easy!!! just lay down a base color (say white) let it dry. then spray half a coats worth of lets say black over it and just dab it with some crumpled up saran wrap or really thin plastic.. let it dry and clearcoat it.. easy peasy!!
pretty much . on mine we layed more candy on top after the seran wrap was removed to give it more of a ghost type look and used a bright silver base . then clear and sand , repeat . its honestly one of the easier '' custom'' paint jobs
Old 02-13-2009, 06:19 PM

Tj929 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/281...int-636-a.html

doesnt look so pretty now though
Old 02-13-2009, 07:29 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Ive seen this **** done in the getto on a busted *** 80s Caprice classic with some 15in gold rims. you use a high flake silver base coat and let it dry. Then you spray the top color that you want and while its still real wet crush up some thin plastic in a ball and make it all wrinkley and lay it over. Then give a little tug in all directions then pull it off. and wahallla you got instant gangsta statous your gona wana put alot of clear coat on to smoth it out.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

This guys idea of dabbing will probably be the easiest way to do a bike with all the contours and what not. When i saw it done the guy was doing a whole car and using a 10ft sheet of plastic
Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 PM

DeviousJoe is a decent person

Originally Posted by getlikeme
hurd of his prices on such a job joe?
Dude like Jblox said pauls work and price is very reasonable and i would never quote someone a price on someone elses work its bad etiqutte but if you give him a message he will get right back at you He painted S.O.R joshs street bike not his stunter and that piece was clean needs to get way more recognition that he does but since he does it for the love of his work/sport he isnt out trying to get noticed alot so give him a shout get yur **** painted you wont be dissapointed at all well worth the change you will get more than you expect when he puts your **** in his booth
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Raf
I make wheelies

Raf is a decent person

-do bodywork, primer
-black basecoat
-house of color marbleizer
-press saran wrap on marbleizer while still wet
-one coat of candy paint of your choice
-clearcoat like a ****
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Sp_one is an unknown quantity at this point

thats how simple it is, i do it all the time,the chrome is even easier,its sprayed like a 3 stage candy,but different materials,i do rims all the time,but its mad expensive!hit me up if u want it done.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM

Michaelcbr is a decent person

marble paint is a lot easier than u think, i did it on my bike, black base coat and blue marblizer. Never did it before and it turned out great. I used plastic wrap on mine, u only got about 15-30 seconds to put the wrap on after u spray. Just lay the plastic on it flat and take it off after a few seconds. I got instructions if u need I can e-mail them got pics to if u want to see it.