Carpal tunnel syndrome

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Re: Carpal tunnel syndrome

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
especialy if you've ever dislocated your AC joint or broken a collar bone.
yeah i broke my collar bone riding 7 years ago....the bone healed with the side closest to my neck on top of the other one. the doc at the eroom wasn't able to straighten it. i get pain if i reach over head and stretch. random pain here and there everyday...i think the only way to correct it is to re-break it through surgery.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
yeah i broke my collar bone riding 7 years ago....the bone healed with the side closest to my neck on top of the other one. the doc at the eroom wasn't able to straighten it. i get pain if i reach over head and stretch. random pain here and there everyday...i think the only way to correct it is to re-break it through surgery.
that sucks....not much you can do once the bone has healed crooked.
Some people will get the same symptoms with a cervical rib (a rib where you shouldnt have one), and some get the same symptoms with chronic muscle spasm in their neck muscles. The last one, is one I can help with.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 PM
HARLEM BOYZ

NARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by secret weapon
drink more water
Originally Posted by T/C
and take some potassium (Sp?)

Originally Posted by old man roger
i agree .

I will try especially bcuz I don't drink enough water as it is. Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah i got it in the clutch/hb hand from learning on stock clutch lever lol. If I ride alot I'll wake up at night and my thumb,index and middle finger will be numb and burning.. **** sucks. I wear my brace at night after long riding.. My hand goes numb too playing xbox if i rode alot and play after
Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 PM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

WHENEVER I RIDE WITH FOOT IN THE SEAT ALOT OR ON FLAT 12 BARS DOING CIRCLES MY LEFT FOOT IS SORE FOR A FEW DAYS, ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:36 PM

plaspopje is an unknown quantity at this point

hummm, I got it too I guess. Perhaps not from the intens stunting ....
but it sucks .....
Old 02-19-2009, 07:07 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

i went to the chiropractor and had treatment with a pulsed (K) laser on my wrist and it helped quite a bit. im actually surprised how effective it is. i think its effectiveness depends on how bad it is.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:00 PM

MARAT is a decent person

I had a surgery yesterday. Just went back home from hospital, and feel better.. not so numb any more.. I think I could ride in two weeks

Old 02-27-2009, 02:42 PM

IBJared08 is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
this is one of the things I've had a lot of success treating lately.....other than the guy who works on computers (scott3824)...most of you wont really have carpal tunnel syndrome.

What I've found lately was wrist, elbow, and shoulder problems leading to symptoms in the hands that most confuse with carpal tunnel.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has a very specific referral pattern of numbness and tingling in the center two fingers and is from the wrists being held in extension for extended periods of time....thats why they make the pads for people to rest their wrists on as they type instead of resting your wrist on the table below the keyboard's level.

if you're having contracture problems with your thumb its usually the result of your hand being in that position too much. Try stretching it daily, morning and/or night.

If you get cramps in your forearm where you can definitely feel the muscle spasm....dont bother with supplements as you **** most of them into the toilet anyways. Instead, eat a banana and make sure to drink around a gallon of water everyday, more if you're more active than most. Limiting salt and caffiene will help too.
You sir, are correct... and also well educated

Surgery is very rarely needed to correct hand and wrist pain. Take the pressure off the nerve through stretch or anti-inflammatory meds and the pain goes away... Diet has a major impact as well!

Working on my 4th year Doctorate...