Carpal tunnel syndrome

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:17 PM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Carpal tunnel syndrome

Because of the position of my rear peg, my arms get tired after like 5 or 6 circles. Ive been just trying to work up to more. After a few hours, I have to quit riding because my muscles start tensing(sp) up involunarily.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is one of the things I've had a lot of success treating lately.....other than the guy who works on computers (scott3824)...most of you wont really have carpal tunnel syndrome.

What I've found lately was wrist, elbow, and shoulder problems leading to symptoms in the hands that most confuse with carpal tunnel.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has a very specific referral pattern of numbness and tingling in the center two fingers and is from the wrists being held in extension for extended periods of time....thats why they make the pads for people to rest their wrists on as they type instead of resting your wrist on the table below the keyboard's level.

if you're having contracture problems with your thumb its usually the result of your hand being in that position too much. Try stretching it daily, morning and/or night.

If you get cramps in your forearm where you can definitely feel the muscle spasm....dont bother with supplements as you **** most of them into the toilet anyways. Instead, eat a banana and make sure to drink around a gallon of water everyday, more if you're more active than most. Limiting salt and caffiene will help too.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:21 AM

jono mono is a decent person

jerk off with your other hand so you dont put to much strain on the one arm !!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 AM

NyCStUnTiN has a spectacular aura aboutNyCStUnTiN has a spectacular aura about

yea i have the same **** i wake up like every hour at night cause both of my arms are in pain and my hands are swollen and numb. I went to the doc they said torn nerves in my hands from riding for so long they wanted me to get the surgery but i heard it doesnt always help and sometimes makes it worse
Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

ii think clip ons make it worse....more weight on ur hands than dbs
Old 02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Bananas my friend, on your way to the spot grab one or two of them, they should help after a while to get rid of the spasm's once in a great while ill get a cramp or spasm and ill eat a banana and it goes away. I played football, wrestling, and lacrosse in highschool, and would just eat like 6 or 7 bananas a day to keep from getting cramps, ive had a cramp so bad in my neck from wrestling that my body locked up on the wrestling mat and I couldnt move any part of my body and thought I was paralized. That **** was freaky... after that i started taking vitamins like the once a day ***** and eating bananas, But the neck thing was kind of extreme, I was starving my body from food and water to make weight for a wrestling match, going as far as to doing chewing tobacco to draw spit out, I lost like 2 pounds in 24 hours from spitting, lol. But just take vitamins and eat bananas seriously. no homo
Old 02-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I AM TIGER WOODS!!!

BLEED is a decent person

shyt i got it. its from workingout/work/riding. i just put it in a splint at night that way your had will stay straight. it helps it out it was gone for a week then came back. so just get a full hand/wrist splint and just wear it when you aint riding and it'll help out and take some pills too.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 AM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

once it starts it never goes away unless you get surgury and even then you have to stop what caused it or it will come back....ive had it since i was 17 from riding......my hands go numb after about a min on the bike and sometimes it gets so back i can hold a lighter to my fingers and not feel it...im looking into this expermental sergury where they cut open all the veins in your arms and insert plastic tubes so the veins cant swell shut causeing no blood to get to your muscles.......cuz stoping riding is not an option
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by I <3 wheelies
once it starts it never goes away unless you get surgury and even then you have to stop what caused it or it will come back....ive had it since i was 17 from riding......my hands go numb after about a min on the bike and sometimes it gets so back i can hold a lighter to my fingers and not feel it...im looking into this expermental sergury where they cut open all the veins in your arms and insert plastic tubes so the veins cant swell shut causeing no blood to get to your muscles.......cuz stoping riding is not an option
scary ****.....I wouldnt let em hack on my body, but would love to hear the results right after and 5 years after the surgery if you get it.

Worst part about the carpal tunnel surgery is the extremely high reoccurence of carpal tunnel due to scar tissue build up.

I'll post up one more time.....unless its ONLY the middle and ring finger going numb, its typically NOT carpal tunnel. If your thumb goes numb you're most likely looking at a radial nerve pathology, if your pinky finger goes numb...ulnar nerve pathology.......if its your entire hand, you're looking more at a shoulder impingement sydrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, or peripheral vascular problem. Most of these problems are closer to the trunk of the body than the wrist.

Last edited by eazenutz33; 02-16-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:23 AM
UDOWN?

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
scary ****.....I wouldnt let em hack on my body, but would love to hear the results right after and 5 years after the surgery if you get it.

Worst part about the carpal tunnel surgery is the extremely high reoccurence of carpal tunnel due to scar tissue build up.

I'll post up one more time.....unless its ONLY the middle and ring finger going numb, its typically NOT carpal tunnel. If your thumb goes numb you're most likely looking at a radial nerve pathology, if your pinky finger goes numb...ulnar nerve pathology.......if its your entire hand, you're looking more at a shoulder impingement sydrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, or peripheral vascular problem. Most of these problems are closer to the trunk of the body than the wrist.
depends on what im doing if im riding the middle and ring get more numb then the others but my whole hand goes numb...even when i wrench...eat...write,,you name it they go numb
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by I <3 wheelies
depends on what im doing if im riding the middle and ring get more numb then the others but my whole hand goes numb...even when i wrench...eat...write,,you name it they go numb
do you get the same thing if you work on lightbulbs, or anything overhead???

alot of the time when you get all of the fingers and hand involved....and especially when you work overhead.....its most likely thoracic outlet syndrome. Usually its a muscle spasm problem thats easily taken care of.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Kelm
I get dizzy as **** if I try to work on something, wrench or screw something overhead.
get off the wacky weed kid
Old 02-16-2009, 03:13 PM

misterfish762 is a decent person

my right hand used to go so numb i couldnt feel my lever after riding an hour with clipons switched to db bars and im fine. they might not look the best but it makes everything easier. i went to the doc, i have ulnar nerve compression in both cts in my right and ulnar nerve damage in my left.... google it there are tests you can do to yourself to see what you have. they worked for me, i just went to the doc to confirm it. too many dirtbike crashes i guess...
Old 02-16-2009, 03:57 PM
UDOWN?

I get dizzy as **** if I try to work on something, wrench or screw something overhead.
thats cuz you bumped your head one to many times buddy
Old 02-16-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by misterfish762
.... google it there are tests you can do to yourself to see what you have. they worked for me, i just went to the doc to confirm it. too many dirtbike crashes i guess...
especialy if you've ever dislocated your AC joint or broken a collar bone.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

The only tingling i get from riding is on long trips my throttle hand falls asleep lol thats about it...as far as the cramps go...when i raced motocross for 7 years id get arm pump but thast about it too...and banannas and lots of water help that...since its due to lactic acid buildup..

as far as that experimental surgery goes...a few MX guys have had that done and supposedly helped big time with arm pump...check into it
Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM

stunt-junk is a decent person

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
Anyone ever get carpal tunnel from stunting?.....I've been working hard on getting sitdown circles and ever since I've been trying them my right thumb and wrist are numb...i get tingling now, pain, ect. I think it's basically strained from hanging the **** on and working the throttle. Anyone else get this? What do you do to combat it? Sit down circles are a bitch but i really want to get them on lock without ******* up my hand so much i need surgery.

got stunna elbow
Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 PM

stunt-junk is a decent person

i work for a dealership and i get that all the time, sometimes i hit myself in the head with ****

Quick Reply: Carpal tunnel syndrome