Omar can you make me a custom subcage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Omar can you make me a custom subcage?

Originally Posted by nags
What the hell?
i don't know what the hell they are talking about either
Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old man roger
i don't know what the hell they are talking about either
+1 i just stared at his shoe for about 30 secs..
Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

like i thought going under the pipe with the cross bar would cause the tire to hit when the suspension was compressed and going over it doesn't look like a good idea either ....ever consider gp style exhaust
Thanks for the effort. I hear ya. You mean gp as in a smaller can? or undertail exhaust? What about making like a half subcage on the left side only?
I really just need the left peg braced for staggered wheelies. ITs gonna be a street bike with no handbrake and stock gear so I am not gonna get too crazy on it but just don't want that left peg tab folding in.
Might have to just run a normal exhaust and deal with having that open cut out in the swing arm its not that bad looking.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
greg....how hard was that swingarm swap???? i have a 05 swingarm but it looks like a HUGE pain the ***
Although I had a few issues with my swap it wasn't that bad.
I had a problem with a washer that wasn't seated properly in the chain guard and am now having a problem with my rear shock linkage but with all the help I have been getting on here it should be figured out soon. Then you can ask me when you have your problems lol
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Greg Mcglynn
Thanks for the effort. I hear ya. You mean gp as in a smaller can? or undertail exhaust? What about making like a half subcage on the left side only?
I really just need the left peg braced for staggered wheelies. ITs gonna be a street bike with no handbrake and stock gear so I am not gonna get too crazy on it but just don't want that left peg tab folding in.
Might have to just run a normal exhaust and deal with having that open cut out in the swing arm its not that bad looking.
i think your best option would be to run either a stock style exhaust or a gp style where the can is down by the bottom of the fairings
Old 02-11-2009, 05:10 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i think your best option would be to run either a stock style exhaust or a gp style where the can is down by the bottom of the fairings
+1
Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

o the pic might help. This is his bike or his boys.
I think it can be done,
Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

a company ^^^^^^^^^ hint hint should make a "kit" to fit 05 swingarms on 03-04's with ease.....AND retain the ability to use the 03/04 rear rims (since i own 6 rear rims for 03-04's)
Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 PM

DEBO is a decent person

So WTF is wrong with my shoe?

If you ran a small pre-silencer pipe in the area the hole is in the swingarm...
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by NAARDEN INC
I think it can be done,
absolutely it can be done but it will look like ***
Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

absolutely it can be done but it will look like ***
I like to look at ***
Old 02-16-2009, 12:13 AM

drfixaho is a decent person

o the pic might help. This is his bike or his boys.
i seen that bike in person...first time i seen it , i said to myself "this **** looks sick!"

why not ask if johnnyp would make it if your willing to pay extra. since he designed and fabed it already...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 AM

I found this pic on some website selling scorpion exhausts. I got an idea from this.
Want to know what people think about this.

What if I bought a high mount exhaust like this and chopped the mid pipe and routed it custom through the 05/06 swing arm hole. I think it can be done and look ok. Then having the pipe on the out side of the should allow me to fit a omr subcage even if I have to chop off the right side peg bracing. Maybe the whole thing will fit. What do you thing about that omr?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3quart_hilevel 72dpi.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	220912  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 AM

DEBO is a decent person

I think you loose some HP with the high mount.... But I see there is no passenger peg bracket.. PAGING OMER
Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM

I had a micron high mount can before on this bike and my heel hit the mid pipe totally screwing up my rear brake control. Sold that thing in a week. But if I can route pipe behind the rearset I think it will be perfect. If I lose a little low end power I don't care. Its for my stock street bike that I want to just ride normal and do a few wheelies on from time to time.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

I found this pic on some website selling scorpion exhausts. I got an idea from this.

What if I bought a high mount exhaust like this and chopped the mid pipe and routed it custom through the 05/06 swing arm hole. I think it can be done and look ok. Then having the pipe on the out side of the should allow me to fit a omr subcage even if I have to chop off the right side peg bracing. Maybe the whole thing will fit. What do you thing about that omr?
That will work. I bought a OMR subcage, and was going to mount the micron high mount over it. The micron has a stand off (long bolts and hollow spacers) that you are supposed to mount so that the peg bracket is over/to the right of the pipe. With out the standoff, the peg remains in stock location, not sticking out. With stock pegs in standard location, it does bolt up, but the peg sticks out very little underneath it. With the OMR, you may need to modify the micron bracket, but it can be done. The micron bracket is just that. It is a place for the bolt to got that holds the pipe strap. The peg on that side will just be useless.

I chose not to run the high mount as it is was too dam loud, and I need the peg to be accessible for passengers. I sold it, so i can't show you.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
also known as OMR

just like skinny said you should be able to make that exhaust work but you wont be able to use the right foot peg