Quad wheelie vs Bike wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:00 PM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Quad wheelie vs Bike wheelie

Coasters, brake control, and the clutch up are good to learn on a quad. It helps learning brake control.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM

ntseles is a decent person

Originally Posted by palerider90
Hey ntseles Im having the exact same problems. I can do the quad stuff but the bikes are much much much more difficult.
Thank god im not the only one
Old 02-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by REDBALLS302
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xL2bIbVEh4
watching this helps some...
ROFL!!! That video is great
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
4wheeler and bike 2 different worlds if u wana just play with it get a fiddy they are fun, but if you wana learn listen to what they tell u becuz for them not to be realy trashin u for a squid question is outstanding, i couldnt leave a anykind of reply for a long time without sum1 givin me ****

Ofcourse I take their advice and listen to them. Thats why I post here,
to ask for help and advice
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by sol5269
i disagree... i love ridin quads every now and then... and i've learned a few tricks on a quad that helped me on the bike... just keep practicin and use ur brake... gradually bring ur bike higher and higher and smooth it out with the brake... once u start slowin down then its time to start clutchin up from a dead stop
Noted! Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kingnap
Coasters, brake control, and the clutch up are good to learn on a quad. It helps learning brake control.
+123456789
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

wow! well i guess my girl is ready to stunt my f4i now, because she was doing wheelies, with brake control, on a 4 wheeler with about 5 min of practice!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by REDBALLS302
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xL2bIbVEh4
watching this helps some...

that really did help
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
FTP!

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
wow! well i guess my girl is ready to stunt my f4i now, because she was doing wheelies, with brake control, on a 4 wheeler with about 5 min of practice!

The side to side concept isn't there. But just poppin it up without fear of that helps. I have friends who kill it on quads. But can't control my f4i for ****. I never said it makes you great. But it helps. I learned coasters on a quad in 5 minutes. Without ever doin one before. So yeah, nowhere near the same as a 2 wheeler. But it helps a few things if you are having a hard time gettin over the fear of loopin on the pop up. As I stated before.... it helps. Put your girl on your bike. But make sure to tape her wadding it up. Smart ***.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:04 PM

a can assure you that my girl WONT be trying any wheelies on my stunt bike. we can go back and forth for days about this, but you will never convince me that stunting a quad, will make you better on a street bike.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just learning idle myself over the past couple of weekends. I dont really see how a quad helps with anything other than maybe rear brake control, but I really doubt it does that much for you. Bikes are just a lot different, I dont know if it is just the side to side balance or what, but anybody can get damn good on a quad in one session, but learning idle on a bike is a bitch.

I just started catching idle yesterday and it is still a pain in the ***, sometimes I smack the tail and wreck, other times I got it and then I start weaving side to side. My idle is at about 3k and I am clutching it from a dead stop in a sitdown.

If I dont catch idle in ten feet I put it down and go again, I am trying not to use any throttle at all.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
I am just learning idle myself over the past couple of weekends. I dont really see how a quad helps with anything other than maybe rear brake control, but I really doubt it does that much for you. Bikes are just a lot different, I dont know if it is just the side to side balance or what, but anybody can get damn good on a quad in one session, but learning idle on a bike is a bitch.

I just started catching idle yesterday and it is still a pain in the ***, sometimes I smack the tail and wreck, other times I got it and then I start weaving side to side. My idle is at about 3k and I am clutching it from a dead stop in a sitdown.

If I dont catch idle in ten feet I put it down and go again, I am trying not to use any throttle at all.
just keep practicing bro! you are doing the correct things as well. it will all fall into place one day!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:41 PM

a can assure you that my girl WONT be trying any wheelies on my stunt bike. we can go back and forth for days about this, but you will never convince me that stunting a quad, will make you better on a street bike.
Noone said perfecting a quad will make you "better" on a street bike!
the question was will it HELP
Old 02-09-2009, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by ntseles
Noone said perfecting a quad will make you "better" on a street bike!
the question was will it HELP
what? ok... will stunting a quad HELP me with stunting a street bike! or... will stunting a quad make me BETTER on a street bike! its the same question!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 PM
FTP!

You guys go at it. Everyone has different learning curves. And different ways of doin things. I know I couldn't coaster and tried on a quad. Had NO fear of goin over backwards since there is a bar to hit and literally NO side to side work. It took a couple tries and that was it. Just the not having to worry factor "CAN" help some people if they are having certain issues. That's my I'm not arguin over it. But go ask Joe Molina. He killed it on a quad for years. Go ask him it it helped. At ALL. Even in the slightest manner. But it isn't worth arguin over. Just take your time bro. Because it just takes time and practice no matter how you learn.

But it is NOWHERE near the same as a stuntbike. And I will not say it is.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

check out my wife shes only 98 pounds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOiAaxcts-s the quad is a great learning curve but alot different on 2 wheels
Old 02-09-2009, 06:54 PM

what? ok... will stunting a quad HELP me with stunting a street bike! or... will stunting a quad make me BETTER on a street bike! its the same question!
Let me explain this to you as if you were a 2 year old... then you might understand.
"Getting Better" on a street bike is from practise!
Will an good quad rider find it "HELPFUL" to find BP
a little easier, brake control, etc...
Old 02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person

Originally Posted by ntseles
Let me explain this to you as if you were a 2 year old... then you might understand.
"Getting Better" on a street bike is from practise!
Will an good quad rider find it "HELPFUL" to find BP
a little easier, brake control, etc...

now do you see how easy everything goes to **** and people strat trashn each other thats what i mean, cuz when u ask a question on here everybody feels like they gota be a bigger smartass than the last guy soooo, pooeople ridin with you that are good helps but the only way ur really gona get it and i kno you dont wana hear it but, seat time, seat time, seat time and invest in eliminating your kill swith, good tricks go way bad with a kill switch
Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person

You guys go at it. Everyone has different learning curves. And different ways of doin things. I know I couldn't coaster and tried on a quad. Had NO fear of goin over backwards since there is a bar to hit and literally NO side to side work. It took a couple tries and that was it. Just the not having to worry factor "CAN" help some people if they are having certain issues. That's my I'm not arguin over it. But go ask Joe Molina. He killed it on a quad for years. Go ask him it it helped. At ALL. Even in the slightest manner. But it isn't worth arguin over. Just take your time bro. Because it just takes time and practice no matter how you learn.

But it is NOWHERE near the same as a stuntbike. And I will not say it is.

coasters are fun to learn in first gear i just started playin with em and i can do preety good in first but i started doin em in second pumpin the gas last sunday... lets just say no more second gear coasters for this guy
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
now do you see how easy everything goes to **** and people strat trashn each other thats what i mean, cuz when u ask a question on here everybody feels like they gota be a bigger smartass than the last guy soooo, pooeople ridin with you that are good helps but the only way ur really gona get it and i kno you dont wana hear it but, seat time, seat time, seat time and invest in eliminating your kill swith, good tricks go way bad with a kill switch
Agreed. I have nothing further to argue, seat time it is
Did you bypass your kill switch? Just use key?

Quick Reply: Quad wheelie vs Bike wheelie