Whats the best cage for the 06-07 gsxr??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person
Whats the best cage for the 06-07 gsxr??

Im wondering which cage is better for the 06-07 600 gsxr. S.I. or Powers is what I seem to be torn between.
--The only thing about the Powers I like, is you dont have to cut plastic and it looks like it covers more.
--The only reason I ask about the S.I. is they have a good price and I know alot of people who have them and recomended S.I.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Re: Whats the best cage for the 06-07 gsxr??

Originally Posted by crew72
Im wondering which cage is better for the 06-07 600 gsxr. S.I. or Powers is what I seem to be torn between.
--The only thing about the Powers I like, is you dont have to cut plastic and it looks like it covers more.
--The only reason I ask about the S.I. is they have a good price and I know alot of people who have them and recomended S.I.
SI is def. a good product but go Impaktech for the k6 gsxr...the cages are DIESEL and priced right WITH sliders...they also have gangster round bars,flat bars,subframe reinforcement,stunt stays,you name it...powers is too much of a jungle gym shin buster,overpriced cage and you will wait a month to see it...PM son dooby or Impaktech for the lowdown...
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

TYGERSHARK.. LIFETIME WARRANTY AND UNDESTRUCTABLE!!!

4 ALL CYCLE PERFORMANCE "Be a Star"
P- (484) 494-3136
Old 02-06-2009, 11:34 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

tyger shark is what im rockin.... love it
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 AM

warguy is a decent person

Originally Posted by loogie
SI is def. a good product but go Impaktech for the k6 gsxr...the cages are DIESEL and priced right WITH sliders...they also have gangster round bars,flat bars,subframe reinforcement,stunt stays,you name it...powers is too much of a jungle gym shin buster,overpriced cage and you will wait a month to see it...PM son dooby or Impaktech for the lowdown...

+1 Impaktech is gangster, he also offers lifetime warranty on welds so no worries there. His stuff is and strong as ***!!1
Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 AM

sixxxer-fuddy is a decent person

IMPAKTECH!!!!!checkhimout
www.myspace/Impaktech ijus orderd one fromhim along withe subframe cage and round bar great price greatproduct mysecond choicewould be powers but impaktechis+10!, the way ilook at it is the sick cage and tigeshark cage dont go veryhigh on the bike so itwillflip tothe tankF.I. is fuckingtrash i mean ifhaving yourcage vibrate apart while riding is yourthingthen go forit but F.I. is garbage i think...Impaktech cage $250 free shipping for u.s. (lucky bastards im in canada,letme tell ya myshippin wasnt cheap) do it man...oh yea an someone posted that tigershark has liftime warrenty...really who keeps a bike for more than a cuple years
Old 02-07-2009, 01:40 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

09isMINE is a decent person

best cage for a gixxer....

is the crate they come in. buy a honda or kawi, **** or a yamaha. maybe if the bike was free....
Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 AM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 09isMINE

is the crate they come in. buy a honda or kawi, **** or a yamaha. maybe if the bike was free....
Thats amazing... lol u see my posts about gixxer 1000's? lmao
Old 02-07-2009, 05:27 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 09isMINE

some ones tryin to start **** wit his 16 posts an no photos. jus cuz ur ***** to stunt it dont make it a piece grow some nuts an do it. ride whatever feels good to you. dont talk **** cuz ur too scared to rock the death trap muahahahahaha
Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 PM

1EVLGSX-R is a decent person

does powerstuntworkx make good cages??
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

I havent heard anything good about Powers but in my opinion cages vary in two ways... What tyype of cage would be chosen by the type of riding you do, and the type of bike you have I think its like exhausts. Different exhausts are better for diff bikes. I use FI on my 929,(lol not saying anything good or bad about them, ill keep my mouth shut) but i think im gonna start usuig Sick cages especially if somene will buy my 400ex off of me so i can buy the f4i I want.... Anyone interested? Just had it bored out hasnt even been riden yet, just has to be broken in call my phone I wanna get rid of it like ASAP so he doesnt sell the f4i on me
Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

stuntaid cage
Old 02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

How good does the SI cage cover the bike? It looks like the powers covers alot more but I want one that doesnt interfear when cornering so I know thats the SI.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:32 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

How good does the SI cage cover the bike? It looks like the powers covers alot more but I want one that doesnt interfear when cornering so I know thats the SI.
you dont need a full roll cage to protect your engine. which is what a cage is for. with any cage in the right circumstances the bike will roll over and damage cosmetic **** some a bit more prone to that than others, as well as some bikes because of their low engine mounts. SI makes a solid cage for any bike and they stand behind their work. its warranted on the welds, very reasonabley priced and not too bulky to bang up your shins or hit when you drift or corner. powers cages mount flat against the weak parts of the frame which can and has caused frame damage to many ppls bikes, mainly on 600rr's and newer gsxr's. not to mention that matt powers is a dick and his company in general sucks. you will NOT be dissapointed in SI cage. and i hear nothing but good things about impaktech although i have no experience with them. if youre a baller you can grab the TS although i personally find it rediculous to pay 140 dollars more for a TS when a SI cage does just as good of a job.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:37 PM

alicia417 is a decent person

+1 for Impaktech! for pics of gsxr products available visit: www.myspace.com/impaktech
Old 02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

Thanks jdfkills you made my mind up. I was going to buy a inpaktech (and nothing against the guy) but as you said about the expierience thing. SI has been making cages a long time and with the inpaktech I dont understand the top inpact piont that is up against the frame and he wanted a little more than other comp. for the cage and subframe cage. I do believe he has something good going on and it will take off because his cages look pretty bad ***.

Last edited by crew72; 02-12-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Thanks jdfkills you made my mind up. I was going to buy a inpaktech (and nothing against the guy) but as you said about the expierience thing. SI has been making cages a long time and with the inpaktech I dont understand the top inpact piont that is up against the frame and he wanted a little more than other comp. for the cage and subframe cage. I do believe he has something good going on and it will take off because his cages look pretty bad ***.
Impaktech cages are far superior for the 06-07 gixxers...the flat plate and 2nd slider is for dispersing impact and compared to the way the 1" tube mounts at just the engine bolt and frame on the SI,there really is no comparison...TS or SI might be gangster for other year/model bikes,but im telling you right now from some hardcore abuse on my bike personally,the Impaktech is the ONLY cage you should run...also think about the $ side of it,SI is $232 shipped without sliders,Impaktech are $220-$250 WITH 4 sliders!!!FREE SHIPPING TOO!!!his stuff is ALL priced comparably with the others and believe me,his welds look like a robot layed them down and the design on his stuff is far superior...AND hes a cool *** dude that can personally bust on his k6 gix....GO IMPAKTECH OR GO HOME!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go with IMPAKTECH on the gsxr. BUT SI has taken my abuse so def. go with IMPAKTECH or SI.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i just went and took a good look at the impaktech cages and compared with the SI for the 06+ gsxr i honestly think the impaktech is prob a better choice. the SI cage looks identical in the mounting position as the one i had on my 600rr cuz the front engine mounts are low. i never had much of a problem with it because i can control my bike pretty well when dropping it but if i was still brand new and dumping my **** real hard and had an 06+ gsxr id prob want that impaktech. i dont like the idea of anything mounting flat to the frame but because he does have the other slider to take the main impact it prob wont be an issue. id still put some hard rubber behind that to be safe. his subfame cage i dont like. i dont like hard mounted pegs, they do more damage than good in my experience. OMR subcage is really the only way to go. his subcage with some esd pegs is about as good as it gets, the pegs will fold in a dump so it lessens the strain on twisting your subframe but theyre angled as to not be able to fold while in a wheelie. and u can fold them up by hand if ur doing stoppie practice so u dont get stabbed in the back.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM

NinjaMan is a decent person

S.I. ftw

Quick Reply: Whats the best cage for the 06-07 gsxr??