Whats the best cage for the 06-07 gsxr??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 PM

warguy is a decent person
Re: Whats the best cage for the 06-07 gsxr??

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i just went and took a good look at the impaktech cages and compared with the SI for the 06+ gsxr i honestly think the impaktech is prob a better choice. the SI cage looks identical in the mounting position as the one i had on my 600rr cuz the front engine mounts are low. i never had much of a problem with it because i can control my bike pretty well when dropping it but if i was still brand new and dumping my **** real hard and had an 06+ gsxr id prob want that impaktech. i dont like the idea of anything mounting flat to the frame but because he does have the other slider to take the main impact it prob wont be an issue. id still put some hard rubber behind that to be safe. his subfame cage i dont like. i dont like hard mounted pegs, they do more damage than good in my experience. OMR subcage is really the only way to go. his subcage with some esd pegs is about as good as it gets, the pegs will fold in a dump so it lessens the strain on twisting your subframe but theyre angled as to not be able to fold while in a wheelie. and u can fold them up by hand if ur doing stoppie practice so u dont get stabbed in the back.
+1 Impaktech are real nice and strong cages and hes got lifetim warranty on welds, also Just letting you know he has foldin subcages also, he might not have any pics up but ill let him know to get some up so people can compare.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 PM

alicia417 is a decent person

yea steph has an impaktech subcage with folding pegs. it just cost a little more than the $180 solid peg version. and i agree that folding pegs would be a good idea for less strain and twisting on the subframe.

but the dual slider / flat plate set up is definately what makes impaktech the best cage option for gsxrs. that's what son dooby rides himself (2007 gsxr 600) and he stunts pretty hardcore, so the majority of his RND goes into THAT cage since that's what he puts on his own bike. i've pancaked my 07 gsxr at least 20 times now (from jumping off when i hit the 12 bar) and it has held up with no damage to my frame.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

i just went and took a good look at the impaktech cages and compared with the SI for the 06+ gsxr i honestly think the impaktech is prob a better choice. the SI cage looks identical in the mounting position as the one i had on my 600rr cuz the front engine mounts are low. i never had much of a problem with it because i can control my bike pretty well when dropping it but if i was still brand new and dumping my **** real hard and had an 06+ gsxr id prob want that impaktech. i dont like the idea of anything mounting flat to the frame but because he does have the other slider to take the main impact it prob wont be an issue. id still put some hard rubber behind that to be safe. his subfame cage i dont like. i dont like hard mounted pegs, they do more damage than good in my experience. OMR subcage is really the only way to go. his subcage with some esd pegs is about as good as it gets, the pegs will fold in a dump so it lessens the strain on twisting your subframe but theyre angled as to not be able to fold while in a wheelie. and u can fold them up by hand if ur doing stoppie practice so u dont get stabbed in the back.
this guy is full of good info +1
Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person

Man you guys dont make it easy on me Im going with Impaktech all the way
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crew72
Man you guys dont make it easy on me Im going with Impaktech all the way
atta boy!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Mikey P. Freestyle

Thanks everyone for the responses and the info and ideas. I sent my money to Son Dooby and ordered myself a impaktech cage. So Ill let you all know what I think when it shows up and is bolted on. Ill post up pics. By the way they look it will be bad ***.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 PM

alicia417 is a decent person

Originally Posted by crew72
Thanks everyone for the responses and the info and ideas. I sent my money to Son Dooby and ordered myself a impaktech cage. So Ill let you all know what I think when it shows up and is bolted on. Ill post up pics. By the way they look it will be bad ***.

nice choice! you will love that cage! i beat the hell outa mine and love it dearly for saving my bike lol
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM

sixxxer-fuddy is a decent person

Originally Posted by alicia417

nice choice! you will love that cage! i beat the hell outa mine and love it dearly for saving my bike lol

way to go man im still waiting on mine cuz i orderd a light with it...DAAMnIT SON I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Vixen Cycles custom made me a cage. Way stronger than my FI and way cheaper too. I got a subcage, 12 bar, and crash cage for $$350. all I had to do was put on my powers sliders and call it a day. Nobody says you have to run a current production run cage. Get a custom one. VixenCycles.com Ask for Joe. You might even be able to get it cheaper, since he has already figured out how to make it work on an '06-'07.... MINE
Old 02-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

Originally Posted by ViagRRa
Vixen Cycles custom made me a cage. Way stronger than my FI and way cheaper too. I got a subcage, 12 bar, and crash cage for $$350. all I had to do was put on my powers sliders and call it a day. Nobody says you have to run a current production run cage. Get a custom one. VixenCycles.com Ask for Joe. You might even be able to get it cheaper, since he has already figured out how to make it work on an '06-'07.... MINE
I already pay-paled him the money. Im just waiting for him to get back at me so I know everything is good. Its been a couple of days. But thanks for the info.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Stunt Lifes Biggest Hater

Cworley is a decent person

hmmm..... OMR= OLD MAN ROGER Sub cages..... He doesn't make subs for 06/07 gsxr 600/750 as of a couple days ago.... How does napolean dynamite put it? FREAKIN STUPID!

Just ****** bro