Ready for THORPE 540 BARS or INFINITY BARS & how much are they worth??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Ready for THORPE 540 BARS or INFINITY BARS & how much are they worth??

I can't decide what to call them either 540 bars or Infinity Bars.

THey have 3 seperate 180 degree (540) movements plus height. Pretty much put them anywhere you want them at any angle, at any height (up to 3" of rise or fall), any position forward or back & any degree you want.

Can be used on any aftermarket clipon clamp too. I will make those later if needed.

AND.... if you wreck you can replace the bar inserts just like Vortex. Or just buy more from me

No more pains in the wrist and no more clearance issues while trying to get more leverage.

They should look as stock as the convertibars do.

So......How much would these be worth to yall???

I'm tryin to decide how much to invest and wether make them out of steel or aluminum.

Last edited by THORPE; 02-06-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 AM

kylenv is a decent person
Re: THORPE 540 bars or infinity bars & how much are they worth??

do you have any photos of the work in progress? sounds cool
Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Re: THORPE 540 bars or infinity bars & how much are they worth??

Originally Posted by kylenv
do you have any photos of the work in progress? sounds cool
not till my Poor man's Patent comes back
Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 AM

kylenv is a decent person
Re: Ready for THORPE 540 BARS or INFINITY BARS & how much are they worth??

o'yeah did you buy it on tv? I seen that one late on night... well they sound cool price who knows, I'm cheap so I wont give my post lots of pics when there good to go.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

150 max

cuz were all broke stunters that cant afford convertibars

call em the thorpe bars
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

sounds cool, dunno on price, but get some pics up soon
Old 02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

dude you need to stop talkin about these things till you got pics so i can get a pair off you. Its starting to become a big tees as for price just the adjustable bar ends id say 85 and up with clamps 175 and up. but i could be mistaken depending how they look! you might be able to charge more for the adjustible ends depending what goes into them. And get some pics up damn it i had a dream about these things the last time you spoke of them. A dream that could of had some hot piece of *** but noooo
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

I'm holding off on db bars for these things, hurry up

Atown u get that paypal for the rad cage?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by THORPE

THey have 3 seperate 180 degree (540) movements plus height. Pretty much put them anywhere you want them at any angle, at any height (up to 3" of rise or fall), any position forward or back & any degree you want.

Can be used on any aftermarket clipon clamp too. I will make those later if needed.

AND.... if you wreck you can replace the bar inserts just like Vortex. Or just buy more from me

No more pains in the wrist and no more clearance issues while trying to get more leverage.

I'm tryin to decide how much to invest and wether make them out of steel or aluminum.
So they go in between the clipon tube and the clipon clamp, and offer adjustability on 3 axis?

Id say 100-150 for steel, gotta see them first though. Or you could do an anodized billet Al version for big $$
Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
dude you need to stop talkin about these things till you got pics so i can get a pair off you. Its starting to become a big tees as for price just the adjustable bar ends id say 85 and up with clamps 175 and up. but i could be mistaken depending how they look! you might be able to charge more for the adjustible ends depending what goes into them. And get some pics up damn it i had a dream about these things the last time you spoke of them. A dream that could of had some hot piece of *** but noooo
Please Keep my parts outta yo dreams

I'm trying to get on the machine this weekend I'm pumped about the outcome. I keep coming up with ways to make them simpler and cheaper every day. I've spent WAAYY more brainstorm time & sketching than I should've.

Originally Posted by MikeM
So they go in between the clipon tube and the clipon clamp, and offer adjustability on 3 axis?

Id say 100-150 for steel, gotta see them first though. Or you could do an anodized billet Al version for big $$

Right they go between the tube and the clamp. Should add no more than 1 1/2" to the overall width at most unless you want more. Still should be plenty of room for controls without cramping.

I forgot to add you can adjust width too but all clipons do that anyway.

I want to offer different ways to buy them:

Use with your aftermarket clamps and your aftermarket tubes that you already have - about $85

Buy my thicker tubes with them - $ 110

Complete set - $ 180 (steel clamps included)

That's for steel and I think that's all I'll fool with for now.
I don't hink the cost can stay down enough for aluminum and we're not putting them on "racebikes" anyways so a litle weight wont hurt.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 PM

Guru is a decent person

ok guys.... so here you are asking people how much they would pay for your bars....

you can get vortex bars for around $100 yes its a good price but can you adjust them?? no

now you say you think yours will be 150-175 but you havent even made them so you dont know how much they will cost you to make... yes you can adjust them but only 3 ways??

or you can spend 300
yes 300 and get a clip on that you can adjust how you want.... not 1 way... not 3 ways.... not 5 ways..... anyway you want....

people bitch about the price..... welll good products cost money...

a cage to keep you bike is what 250?? a good handbreak kit is 300ish??? well why not spend a little more money on the right thing instead of just getting something else bc its cheaper??

Convertibars.com
once you try them you wont want anything else....
and for all you DB bar guys..... bill went from Db bars to convertibars and he wishes he would of did it sooner....
Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Guru
ok guys.... so here you are asking people how much they would pay for your bars....

you can get vortex bars for around $100 yes its a good price but can you adjust them?? no

now you say you think yours will be 150-175 but you havent even made them so you dont know how much they will cost you to make... yes you can adjust them but only 3 ways??

or you can spend 300
yes 300 and get a clip on that you can adjust how you want.... not 1 way... not 3 ways.... not 5 ways..... anyway you want....

people bitch about the price..... welll good products cost money...

a cage to keep you bike is what 250?? a good handbreak kit is 300ish??? well why not spend a little more money on the right thing instead of just getting something else bc its cheaper??

Convertibars.com
once you try them you wont want anything else....
and for all you DB bar guys..... bill went from Db bars to convertibars and he wishes he would of did it sooner....
Last i checked they were 400$ and i didnt care for the looks. 400$ is way to much for a set of bars i dont care if they blow me and and create instant Os
Old 02-06-2009, 05:51 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

just make them thorpe!

send me a set for rnd on an f4i w/50mm clipons and ill make a write up and all sorts of ****! do it!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:39 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

If I was going to make a product to sell, I think id figure out how much they are actually going to cost me to manufacture. Then make a reasonable profit onto of that....

I dont think you should be asking us how much we think they should cost, I think you should tell us what they are going to cost...

If they cost you $5 to make, youd be pretty ******* greedy to charge $150-180....

For example I sell stunt stays for $250, they cost $250 not because that is what people are willing to pay. They cost that much because that is what it costs me to make them plus a reasonalble profit for my time building them..
Old 02-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by Guru

or you can spend 300
See below ... in red

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
If I was going to make a product to sell, I think id figure out how much they are actually going to cost me to manufacture. Then make a reasonable profit onto of that....

I dont think you should be asking us how much we think they should cost, I think you should tell us what they are going to cost...

If they cost you $5 to make, youd be pretty ******* greedy to charge $150-180....

For example I sell stunt stays for $250, they cost $250 not because that is what people are willing to pay. They cost that much because that is what it costs me to make them plus a reasonalble profit for my time building them..
I agree with you for the most part I thought I explained why in my post...in green

Originally Posted by THORPE

I just thought I'd put it out there to confirm what I already thought. People want a good setup cheap.

If mine doesn't have quality it won't be for sale I promise.

I don't want to rip people off at all but I dont want to invest a ton of money & time into something that there's no demand for and I'm stuck with them in my shop. I'm sure you understand that. I'm making for myself either way so I can just keep it that way if nobodie's interested

Guru dont worry man they have all the adjustments that you Converitbars have plus more. THey are "infinitatley adjustable" unlike the convertibars that have no bar degree adjustment or between the X-Y axis like mine. I guess I should've said 360 degrees on all 3 axises but 180 will be all you need. There is No position you can't put you hand in and lock them in.

I'm not hatin on convertibars, They are what inspired me in the first place. I just don't like fixed degree bars.

And, Guru, if you want I'll figure out a way to make them work with your convertibars so you won't be left out
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait to see what they look like man..
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM

tett is an unknown quantity at this point

all we ask is that you keep us informed and add a few pics. price is yet to be determined. they sound like they could be pretty cool.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

you got 3 hours till this weekend so i wana see some pics
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by tett
all we ask is that you keep us informed and add a few pics. price is yet to be determined. they sound like they could be pretty cool.
I will asap

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
you got 3 hours till this weekend so i wana see some pics
You dont get any pics.....

You might have them in the mail first
Old 02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

so was wondering how the progress is coming???????? im greedy and want some free parts sponsor me LOL

Quick Reply: Ready for THORPE 540 BARS or INFINITY BARS & how much are they worth??