Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008

Originally Posted by DLISH
50s & other minis are only good for being in the way
and dirt bikes are only good for dirt , and do nothing but get in the way of people stunting real bikes in the lot
Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
That is not entirely true. There is lead in the steel. There is no lead in the paint that they use to paint the frames. Yeah since they are sold for kids they do not pass under the new guide lines. Now if they where sold for kids above 13 then we could still sell them, but the manufacturers are not going to use that loop hole!
Someone will find a way around it

I mean, are they really 'childs bikes' or are they just 'off road bikes'

I mean, a 12 year old can't purchase one, even if he had the money, gotta be 18 to purchase
Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Its a paint problem

lead in the paint

tehy'll simply paint them in another type of paint, and they'll be right back on the showroom floor right?

what I'm getting from the post, is there is too much lead in a product made for children

which IMO on a dirt bike is a little retarded.. That should be compared to a kid drinking the gasoline, eating grease, or drinking oil.

Obviously you don't eat chips of paint off your dirt bike, they are covered in dirt and oil! lol
its also the alloys used to make the bike itself...not just the paint.

but what next, are they gonna say a kid cant go fishing with his grandpa since fishing weights are lead weights?!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

they need to stop ******* trying to be are parents and leave us the **** alone. it's the parents job to be a parents not the ******* government
Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

im with dirty

but heres my thing japan hates china and would never have there stuff built there. the big 4 honda suzuki yamaha kawi . . . there all built in japan and have nothing to do with china . . ..

its the cheap knock offs thats the issue so im sure there up in arms about it also
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by wheelburns
im with dirty

but heres my thing japan hates china and would never have there stuff built there. the big 4 honda suzuki yamaha kawi . . . there all built in japan and have nothing to do with china . . ..

its the cheap knock offs thats the issue so im sure there up in arms about it also
+1
Old 02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

**** i better get my spokes for my fiddy before the 10th lol
Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bray
**** i better get my spokes for my fiddy before the 10th lol
I'm sure you can still buy parts

Hell I'm sure even honda can still sell parts, probably just can't sell the parts with lead in them
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

Who are they to say it's purely a childs item and ban it as thus when that is not it's sole category & entire sports depend on it? It's technicality BS with no logic behind it!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Valeska
Who are they to say it's purely a childs item and ban it as thus when that is not it's sole category & entire sports depend on it? It's technicality BS with no logic behind it!
+1
Old 02-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Beto
that sucks, damn maybe I should have kept one of my 50's! Sounds like they're gonna be pretty valuable if this goes through lol
sick avatar
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 AM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a solution to this problem... i plan on licensing this idea to the all the major manufacturers. Remember, you saw it here first. just slap one of these bad boys on, and you're golden!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	blank_warning.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	220347  
Old 02-06-2009, 03:47 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

looks like I'm going to my local dealer Tuesday night and hustling a deal....lol

I just got my kids a fiddy for Christmas but 2 kids and 1 fiddy will only work for so long. I was thinking I'll have to give mine up so both of them can ride at the same time, but if the price is right I'll just pick up 1 more....