I'll be gone for a little while!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 PM

tracetidwell is a decent person
I'll be gone for a little while!

Well I have 5 days left until I go to Parris Island! I will be there for 13 weeks to officially become a Marine. I have been in the Delayed Entry Program for quite some time and just getting ready to ship off but it takes time. I was scheduled to ship out on April 27th but a spot came available for Feb 9th so I took it. I am going to miss riding for awhile but I will get to take my bike with me wherever I go after basic. My school is going to be in Pensacola, Florida and I will get there in June so I am looking forward to that. I am going in to be Air Traffic Control so it's a job I can do while I am in at just about any base and when I get out I can pretty much go wherever I want. I wish everybody luck with the beginning of riding season and hope it goes as safe as possible, my riding season is year round so I'll be riding no matter when or where you can count on that.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Certified M.I.L.F.

MsDiana is a decent person
Re: I'll be gone for a little while!

good luck! and you will be freezing your *** off!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

be sure to take that bike to florida, b/c there ain't **** to do in pensacola. i was bored as **** when i was there
Old 02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

so the boner who pants his nails and brags about being a marine aint even a marine yet
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 PM

I had rather be a bit cold than passing out from the heat. It's something I have wanted to do for awhile a lot of my friends got college degrees and graduated and started looking for jobs but well thats what they are still doing a year later. In the job market you need 2 things education and experience, they only have the education. They go into a lot of debt then get out and have to get jobs that just get them by. I will be paid while I get my job experience and the education and degrees that I will need. Plus as an added bonus I will become a better person more defined and just it is a step in the direction of a more positive life with the direction and discipline I need.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by wheelburns
so the boner who pants his nails and brags about being a marine aint even a marine yet
When you have to quit your job an make your life revolve around something and you are branded a marine by everybody around you it gives you the mentality of one but in 13 weeks I will proudly say that I am an official marine not just a poole as they call us, you are a marine the day you are swore into the DEP.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

yea whatever u say chief no i know why u avoided peoples mos questions
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 AM

I didn't avoid them I was originally going in for intelligence field that had several different jobs in it but due to being arrested for reckless endangerment awhile back it keeps me from getting the security clearance I needed for those jobs so I had to go with my second choice of being Air Traffic Control. I can change my job once I have been in for 3 years and there are always other things I can do like teach the motorcycle safety course or teach karate. The one thing that I thought was dumb is when my Job choices were slimmed down from the ones that required a clearance the one that had the biggest bonus was Driving meaning I would learn to drive all the vehicles and teach other people how to drive in different conditions. I was like WTF my traffic ticket qualifies me for a driving job? Well sorry if I avoided mos questions wasn't trying to.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

not to rain on your parade bro, but you ain't a Marine till you earn the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. My platoon started w/ 178 recruits. We graduated 77 Marines. It ain't for everybody and you better love running
Old 02-04-2009, 12:18 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by wheelburns
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
unemployment anonymous

Originally Posted by DJ KO
not to rain on your parade bro, but you ain't a Marine till you earn the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. My platoon started w/ 178 recruits. We graduated 77 Marines. It ain't for everybody and you better love running
im gald you spoke up cuz i had the same thought and im far from being the few adn the proud but i have friends who are and would slap him around if they heard it
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

yea definately, and i hope this fool hasn't already got a Marine tat. The drill instructors will have a field day w/ yo *** if you do
Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 AM

I do love to run and have marine reserve friends who are not nearly as built as me muscle or endurance wise and I am determined to make it. I have no doubt that I will make it, I have to do PT 3 times a week but I meet up with other poole's at they gym everyday of the week and we do upper body one day and lower the next. I realize I won't be an official marine until I graduate but thats 13 weeks away I guess hanging out with my friends who are marines but only in the reserves and being able to do everything they do but also go further has made me a bit cocky especially with my competitive nature and my I guess all recruiters tell you that your a marine when you in DEP and that you have the right to claim it but yeah maybe I should have made it more clear that I hadn't been through basic sorry.

Last edited by tracetidwell; 02-04-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:35 AM

yea definately, and i hope this fool hasn't already got a Marine tat. The drill instructors will have a field day w/ yo *** if you do
No tat's or anything of that nature, thats something you have to earn I think you should have to serve active duty for a full 4 years before you get one.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

First of let me say it will not be what you exspect at all. That first week sucks. DO NOT GIVE UP! What company would you be going to. Hopefully M company. If so tell SSGT Barlow PFC Frederick said congrats he will understand. Any ways let me give you a little rundown. You are going during the same time I went. Strait up you are going to freeze your *** off. The sand fleas are the least of your concerns right now. Make sure you take everything seriously. It will get very tough at times. You will get to the point of questioning yourself with what the **** am I doing here. Right when you have had enought somthing always make you push harder. As far as your platoon goes. Remeber they are all there to acheve the same goal. Do no fight over stupid **** ( Although when you are moving ******* racks from starbird to portside you want to rip off heads) they are your family for 13 weeks. Trust me you need them. In the end when you hump back from page field and are crossing into mainside at the pirade deck. You will be overcomed with the graitest feeling ever. Hopefully you are going in to the USMC for the right reasons. When I joined I knew what I wanted. I wanted to be a MARINE. Unfortunitly my past prior to the USMC caught up with me And I lost my chance to fufillm my dream. It is ok because I had another dream came true. I had my son and I will be here for him. As of right now I have 7 good friends who I should be along side over seas. I would give anything to be in your shoes right now. They are still my friends. Hell I just talked to one of them yesterday. I was infintry so there is a certin brotherhood that comes along with being an 03. Anyways I wish you luck brotha. If you have any questions Shoot me a pm. God speed. Make sure you tell me you made it

And I want to see you looking like this. DAHM I LOOK GOOD

Last edited by hyperryder; 02-04-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

Thats cool and all, but your not going to be lifting weights during boot. Your gona run 3-5 miles a day, everyday. Your gona learn the basics of the MCMAP program(i.e. your tan belt). And don't come home think'n your the **** b/c you can get out of a choke hold. Get'n your tan belt is like learning how to get your *** kicked w/ style. Not try'n to discourage ya bro, just tell'n ya how it is. Ya gota earn it first, and then put in your time
Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

Originally Posted by hyperryder
First of let me say it will not be what you exspect at all. That first week sucks. DO NOT GIVE UP! What company would you be going to. Hopefully M company. If so tell SSGT Barlow PFC Frederick said congrats he will understand. Any ways let me give you a little rundown. You are going during the same time I went. Strait up you are going to freeze your *** off. The sand fleas are the least of your concerns right now. Make sure you take everything seriously. It will get very tough at times. You will get to the point of questioning yourself with what the **** am I doing here. Right when you have had enought somthing always make you push harder. As far as your platoon goes. Remeber they are all there to acheve the same goal. Do no fight over stupid **** ( Although when you are moving ******* racks from starbird to portside you want to rip off heads) they are your family for 13 weeks. Trust me you need them. In the end when you hump back from page field and are crossing into mainside at the pirade deck. You will be overcomed with the graitest feeling ever. Hopefully you are going in to the USMC for the right reasons. When I joined I knew what I wanted. I wanted to be a MARINE. Unfortunitly my past prior to the USMC caught up with me And I lost my chance to fufillm my dream. It is ok because I had another dream came true. I had my son and I will be here for him. As of right now I have 7 good friends who I should be along side over seas. I would give anything to be in your shoes right now. They are still my friends. Hell I just talked to one of them yesterday. I was infintry so there is a certin brotherhood that comes along with being an 03. Anyways I wish you luck brotha. If you have any questions Shoot me a pm. God speed. Make sure you tell me you made it

No joke man, the only way to get through is day by day
Old 02-04-2009, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by hyperryder

Thank you for the advice, I also wish you nothing but the best in your current situation and I hope it all gets easier on you.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:47 AM

Thats cool and all, but your not going to be lifting weights during boot. Your gona run 3-5 miles a day, everyday. Your gona learn the basics of the MCMAP program(i.e. your tan belt). And don't come home think'n your the **** b/c you can get out of a choke hold. Get'n your tan belt is like learning how to get your *** kicked w/ style. Not try'n to discourage ya bro, just tell'n ya how it is. Ya gota earn it first, and then put in your time
From my understanding they have introduce weights now. Why I dont know but they did. You are right the tan belt is a joke. I made it to green. And yes boot camp never stops It just keeps going and going. Even when you get to the fleet.

Last edited by hyperryder; 02-04-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 AM

No joke man, the only way to get through is day by day
Yep. Day by day is the only way. If you think any further it feels like it will never end. But hey **** it I loved every second of it.