I'll be gone for a little while!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:51 AM

tracetidwell is a decent person
Re: I'll be gone for a little while!

Originally Posted by DJ KO
Thats cool and all, but your not going to be lifting weights during boot. Your gona run 3-5 miles a day, everyday. Your gona learn the basics of the MCMAP program(i.e. your tan belt). And don't come home think'n your the **** b/c you can get out of a choke hold. Get'n your tan belt is like learning how to get your *** kicked w/ style. Not try'n to discourage ya bro, just tell'n ya how it is. Ya gota earn it first, and then put in your time

Thanks for the advice, I did cross country for the longest and I have been running more than 5 miles a day with about 50 pounds of extra weight I know that may not be as much as I have to carry in there but I want to prepare myself as much as possible and I am used to the cold by now and that is what I was told would be real hard but I have gotten over the sick stage and just pushed myself through. I am going to make a career out of this so I know I can't give up and it is something I have to do for myself and the one thing I want the most in my life. I don't have a relationship, a job, or much of a life outside of becoming a marine.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

damn, never thought they would add weights. I was a green belt instructor. That black belt test is no joke though. Wouldn't do it again but sure as hell will never give it up.

Semper Fi to all the Marines out there
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

looks like ya got the running part down then, good luck. Be prepared for the mind games, thats the part that will break ya down
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

not to rain on your parade bro, but you ain't a Marine till you earn the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. My platoon started w/ 178 recruits. We graduated 77 Marines. It ain't for everybody and you better love running
**** mine was worse. we started with 163 and in the end we only had 46 make it.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

damn, thats prob one of the highest attrition rates i've ever heard.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by tracetidwell
Thanks for the advice, I did cross country for the longest and I have been running more than 5 miles a day with about 50 pounds of extra weight I know that may not be as much as I have to carry in there but I want to prepare myself as much as possible and I am used to the cold by now and that is what I was told would be real hard but I have gotten over the sick stage and just pushed myself through. I am going to make a career out of this so I know I can't give up and it is something I have to do for myself and the one thing I want the most in my life. I don't have a relationship, a job, or much of a life outside of becoming a marine.
Dude what is your mos. You will get sick many time at paris island. Not to mention that dam infection that eats your skin away. That **** runs rapid down there. It is not the cold as much as it is the cold *** wind that gets you this time a year. Also no offence you are thinkin very far ahead. Slow down and become a marine first.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:01 AM

damn, thats prob one of the highest attrition rates i've ever heard.

I am telling you it was the dahm cold. It was one of the coldest winters in paris island history. During the whole crucible it was no higher than 15 degreese and when you add wet and saugy recruts to the mix. Now you are talking cold. We had to huddle up in a huge circle to keep warm.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:08 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

Lucky for me i went to MCRD San Diego. But where you were cold, it was hot as satan's ***** where i was. That and all my D.I.'s where Force Recon. Let's just say we did extra **** that was suppose to make us better Marine's. But I agree, cold and wet condition's will crack many people. Hell, look at the attrition rate for BUDS
Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

Oh yeah, get this ****. Our PT field faced San Diego Airports runway. All day long we watched planes land and take off. How fucked up is that ****
Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 AM

Lucky for me i went to MCRD San Diego. But where you were cold, it was hot as satan's ***** where i was. That and all my D.I.'s where Force Recon. Let's just say we did extra **** that was suppose to make us better Marine's. But I agree, cold and wet condition's will crack many people. Hell, look at the attrition rate for BUDS
Not to mention recon ridge. I did infantry school over there. My mos was 0313 LAV crewman so they sent me to the west.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 AM

Oh yeah, get this ****. Our PT field faced San Diego Airports runway. All day long we watched planes land and take off. How fucked up is that ****

Haha I bet that was a real mind ****.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

Can't complain though, had alot of fun in Cali
Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hyperryder
( Although when you are moving ******* racks from starbird to portside you want to rip off heads) they are your family for 13 weeks. Trust me you need them. In the end when you hump back from page field and are crossing into mainside at the pirade deck. You will be overcomed with the graitest feeling ever. Unfortunitly my past prior to the USMC caught up with me And I lost my chance to fufillm my dream. It is ok because I had another dream came true. I had my son and I will be here for him. As of right now I have 7 good friends who I should be along side over seas. I would give anything to be in your shoes right now. They are still my friends. Hell I just talked to one of them yesterday. I was infintry so there is a certin brotherhood that comes along with being an 03. Anyways I wish you luck brotha. If you have any questions Shoot me a pm. God speed. Make sure you tell me you made it

And I want to see you looking like this. DAHM I LOOK GOOD
For the love of god you could at least learn to spell if you're going to brag about yourself.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

watch out for footlockers flying through the air. 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 done sir done.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:44 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

You should just not go.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:35 AM

ENASNI TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

My barracks faced the airport. All night long we heard the planes taking off and landing.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ENASNI TILLER
My barracks faced the airport. All night long we heard the planes taking off and landing.
on the island where real Marines are born my squadbay faced a dirty smelly sand flea infested swamp
Old 02-04-2009, 10:43 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
on the island where real Marines are born my squadbay faced a dirty smelly sand flea infested swamp
3rd battalion where you at son?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:44 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Marines get all wierd and gay about being a jar head.......Fort Benning Army Infantry is for the real men!! HA HA HA

Good luck....it can't be that hard there are chicks there!!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Unknown_Tom
3rd battalion where you at son?
1st