Are you ready for shows, sponsors and teams

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold
Are you ready for shows, sponsors and teams

What do you guys think is the bare minimum to be considered ready to do shows, get sponsors or be part of a team??? I know a couple of cats that just learned to ride BP and scrape staggered and think they are ready for sponsors, teams, shows etc...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:01 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Re: Are you ready for shows, sponsors and teams

since when has all that been about riding ability... its all about sales ability!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

LOL!

if you have to ask your probably not ready...
its all in your head, you are how you act..

pro's dont question their pro-ism! haha..

seriously though if your talking stunts i think its not so much the tricks its the style, and quoting teach "its all about consistency" add in reliability and safety in there and your golden!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by villa76
What do you guys think is the bare minimum to be considered ready to do shows, get sponsors or be part of a team??? I know a couple of cats that just learned to ride BP and scrape staggered and think they are ready for sponsors, teams, shows etc...
I think in order to be ready for any of that you need to have a pretty high level of riding. At least to the point to where your in control. If you just learned the brake or are barely learning circles you have no business performing shows. The problem with our sport is that a lot of kids think they deserve the world when in reality they dont deserve ****. They go out and try and book shows and get sponsors and just end up becoming a liability when they mess up at shows and burn bridges with sponsors that leave a sour taste about our sport. I say know your role. The top guys have all put in their time and a ton of work to get where they are. If your just starting you have a long road ahead of you.
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by DLISH
since when has all that been about riding ability... its all about sales ability!
come on now.. i know people like to jump on bandwagons and believe in their heads its all about market and not about skill but bottom line skill is what gets your marketability!

-kane
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

You gotta be able to entertain a crowd and put on a good show, you can't do that if you only got a couple tricks up your sleeve. You also wanna show ppl what stunting is about and not make stunters look bad you know

Ridin BP staggered scrapes is not enough IMO to be doin shows and asking for sponsorships.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
I think in order to be ready for any of that you need to have a pretty high level of riding. At least to the point to where your in control. If you just learned the brake or are barely learning circles you have no business performing shows. The problem with our sport is that a lot of kids think they deserve the world when in reality they dont deserve ****. They go out and try and book shows and get sponsors and just end up becoming a liability when they mess up at shows and burn bridges with sponsors that leave a sour taste about our sport. I say know your role. The top guys have all put in their time and a ton of work to get where they are. If your just starting you have a long road ahead of you.
This is exactly how I feel! Know your role! Even though Michigan is now lame I still feel the sport as a whole should hold some sort of standard. Kids out here have no clue and it pisses me off.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by mofat01
You gotta be able to entertain a crowd and put on a good show, you can't do that if you only got a couple tricks up your sleeve. You also wanna show ppl what stunting is about and not make stunters look bad you know

Ridin BP staggered scrapes is not enough IMO to be doin shows and asking for sponsorships.
sick av man
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

This is exactly how I feel! Know your role! Even though Michigan is now lame I still feel the sport as a whole should hold some sort of standard. Kids out here have no clue and it pisses me off.
It's a good way to get spectators injured.....
Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Guru is a decent person

once you can 12 anytime you want you are readY!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

GOT THIS?

THEN YOURE READY!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
GOT THIS?

THEN YOURE READY!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
GOT THIS?

THEN YOURE READY!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Is it Clint Ewing?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Jimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to behold

thats funny
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Not guilty

Originally Posted by Jimmy
thats funny
Dont flatter yourself this has nothing to do with you.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 PM

Jimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to beholdJimmy is a splendid one to behold

Dont flatter yourself this has nothing to do with you.
o no, i know that for sure!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaneone
LOL!

if you have to ask your probably not ready...
its all in your head, you are how you act..

pro's dont question their pro-ism! haha..

seriously though if your talking stunts i think its not so much the tricks its the style, and quoting teach "its all about consistency" add in reliability and safety in there and your golden!
dude..im pretty sure he was asking in general,not for himself...ive seen villa ride and hes a strait murderer!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Griffy is a decent person

powerwheelys = danger and danger = entertainment right?

Quick Reply: Are you ready for shows, sponsors and teams