636 Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM

rustystntWCCR is an unknown quantity at this point
636 Wont Start

So, i got a 2006 636 sitting here.....its been sitting for about 5 months without being rode. I started it just about 2 weeks ago and it started just fine. long story short...

I go to start it last night and it didnt run, noticed it had no gas so i put some more gas (91 octane, thats the best we got around) in there and it still wouldnt kick over, i even jumped the battery from my 1000 and still no kick over.....

Any suggestions or people who have had the same problem?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 Wont Start

so did it even try to start or just cranked? was the battery dead to begin with or did it die from trying to start?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM

the battery at first was fine and then it started going lower and lower....the bike started to crank and even before i noticed it didnt have any gas it started up and then bogged out without holding idle..

you still hear the fuel pump even though it sounds a little low, and the motor keeps trying to turn over but never fires and runs
Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Noglory is an unknown quantity at this point

if you ran it out of gas i would get the battery hooked up to a charger then cycle the key on and off a bunch of times to prime the fuel system then try starting it. You might even wanna try holding the throttle open a bit to.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

check the spark plugs. could be fouled out. and the gas the as in it while it sat did u drain it? if not it may have fouled ur plugs.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rustystntWCCR
the battery at first was fine and then it started going lower and lower....the bike started to crank and even before i noticed it didnt have any gas it started up and then bogged out without holding idle..

you still hear the fuel pump even though it sounds a little low, and the motor keeps trying to turn over but never fires and runs
Was there perhaps water in the tank? If so, take of the tank, drain it, and also shake the fuel line running to the fuel rail to get any in there out. I had this happen a couple of times.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:12 PM

id try a good battery and fresh gas
Old 02-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by faceless
check the spark plugs. could be fouled out. and the gas the as in it while it sat did u drain it? if not it may have fouled ur plugs.

oops...i didnt drain it...but thats the weird thing, there was no gas in it....after it didnt start i shook it and i didnt really hear anything, but the light wasnt on either....
Old 02-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bubash
id try a good battery and fresh gas

gonna try that in a few hours when i can escape from work
Old 02-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
Was there perhaps water in the tank? If so, take of the tank, drain it, and also shake the fuel line running to the fuel rail to get any in there out. I had this happen a couple of times.

i doubt it, it did see a bit of the rain we had out here recently, but i dont think it would have got past my cap, its dented but doesnt leak at all
Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
GP BIKES INC

oops...i didnt drain it...but thats the weird thing, there was no gas in it....after it didnt start i shook it and i didnt really hear anything, but the light wasnt on either....

sensor for low fuel could be bad. but check the plugs and clean them real good. and like bubash said fresh gas n battery ooh when u put fresh gas in prime the fuel pump before you try to crank it so the fresh fuel gets into the line. it may take a couple tries to start and idle but u should be good to go.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

i doubt it, it did see a bit of the rain we had out here recently, but i dont think it would have got past my cap, its dented but doesnt leak at all
If you've cracked your drain tube denting the tank water could get in there when it rains.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM

a dented tank and rain = water in tank
Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Crap......Ill try all the above when i get off in about 30 minutes...thanks for all the info
Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM

04stunt636 is a decent person

Check the feed line out of the tank make sure it's not kinked I had the same prob on mine don't ask how it link it just was
Old 02-02-2009, 05:13 PM

dmanbspin4life is an unknown quantity at this point

when the first time you started and didnt let it idle long, and if you didnt let it warm up you may of fould the plugs, and also running the bike out of gas would foul them too.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:19 PM

ok so fresh gas and fresh battery didnt do it its still not kicking over.....so im gonna check the plugs tonight, and if not then im kicking it off a cliff
Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
GP BIKES INC

ok so fresh gas and fresh battery didnt do it its still not kicking over.....so im gonna check the plugs tonight, and if not then im kicking it off a cliff
its just not trying to start or even getting power?? when u push the start button what does it do?

ooh n don't kick it off a cliff. ill come pick it up. no title needed u can keep that just want the bike
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM

Ok, plugs weren't gunked up or fouled out....they were a little moist when I took them out though.....then I clean em up dry em off and put em back in and hook everything up with good gas and a good battery.....and the bastard decides to show me the f1 fuel light and the fuel pump doesn't make the bootup sound....check and change fuses still nothing, look at the wire for the fuel pump connector and it looks burnt out around the part that's on the harness and not the pump itself.........yea I'm pissed....anybody wanna buy some parts lol

Thanks for the help though folks.....but I think I'm taking my *** back to suzuki
Old 02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
GP BIKES INC

damn that sucks man. see if you can fix the connector. . its worth a shot to get you riding

Quick Reply: 636 Wont Start