Riding your bike to the spot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM

frsslt1 is a decent person
Riding your bike to the spot?

How many people do it? My only worry is breaking something stupid and being stuck as I am a newb. I dont have a truck so thats not an option. My bike is all legal, so I dont worry about that, but levers and **** break and will leave you stuck. Anyone else doing this, I dont have many other options (unless they make a trailer hitch for a e36 m3 and i can find a tiny trailer).
Old 01-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Slammin Sammy is a decent person
Re: Riding your bike to the spot?

You don't have any friends that own a truck if you break something?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:25 PM

ya, my room mate has a truck, but if he's at work or something im gonna be sitting on my *** for a while because there is no way i'd leave my bike at the spot (not that i'd have any way to get home).
Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

sell the bimmer and get a truck. or just give up your hopes of ever learning anything new. bottom line, if you are trying to progress in the lots you are gonna crash.....a lot.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 PM

Slammin Sammy is a decent person

Understand 100%. I have a truck but it always seems that it's my bike that breaks, i'd wouldnt leave my bike either. Only thing I got goin for me is that a most of my buddies that I ride with also have trucks.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IV
sell the bimmer and get a truck. or just give up your hopes of ever learning anything new. bottom line, if you are trying to progress in the lots you are gonna crash.....a lot.
I've NEVER trucked my bike to the spot

and only ONCE have broke down bad enough I had to truck it home (shitty old cage let my stator cover break)

I always ride mine to the spot. Do you have a cell phone? If so your gravy. Worst comes to worst and you can't ride it, gotta call for a ride, and call friends to find a truck to get your ****.

Two my spots though are also within a mile of my house, so if I break down I'll just walk home lol
Old 01-30-2009, 03:08 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe look into some AAA or something? I can tell you that AAA considers motorcyles "recreational vehicle" and wont tow them under there normal policy. I beleive they have special policies that cover that Im not sure how much they are though. I will tell you that over the years at least 7-8 times I have called AAA and told them my vehicle broke down and it has a plate, when the driver gets there and tells me they cant tow the vehicle (usually some beater I just bought for pennies without a plate and broken down) I respond by offering them a 15-20$ to take care of me and it has always worked. Im sure you could get away with it the same way.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:13 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

The first 2 years i stunted I rode to the lot everytime. We would get kicked out of places so often it wasnt worth loadin and unloadin so we would just do wheelies from lot to lot. Just call someone if you wreck,
Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee

and only ONCE have broke down bad enough I had to truck it home (shitty old cage let my stator cover break)

I always ride mine to the spot. Do you have a cell phone? If so your gravy. Worst comes to worst and you can't ride it, gotta call for a ride, and call friends to find a truck to get your ****.

Two my spots though are also within a mile of my house, so if I break down I'll just walk home lol
Im selling my 450 just to get a road legal bike to ride to the spot on, i hate trailering it there and back, ruins my life, so ill go road legal once again, and bro, i used to break stupid **** all the time on my old 600RR, riding home without front brakes was always a bit of a laugh but riding home without a clutch lever was crazy as hell
Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

grind your levers down so they wont break as easily ( make sure they are dull though so you dont impale yourself). Run a good cage to protect your engine. Maintain your chain. Watch out for your tires, ruining tires at the spot from running over sharp metal debris, or picking up screws or nails has always been my biggest problem. I broke my chain once. I always carry zip ties, mechanics wire, and wire pliers with me.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah good luck..Either get a truck or a trailer
Old 01-30-2009, 03:31 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

I ride to the spot. If I break something, I have someone get my truck or use a buddies truck that may be there already. It sucks loading up if you don't have to.

Invest in a truck or trailer or a buddy that owns a truck.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM

TOP_DAWG is an unknown quantity at this point

ride with a buddy and pack a rope and tow that **** home
Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
Im selling my 450 just to get a road legal bike to ride to the spot on, i hate trailering it there and back, ruins my life, so ill go road legal once again, and bro, i used to break stupid **** all the time on my old 600RR, riding home without front brakes was always a bit of a laugh but riding home without a clutch lever was crazy as hell
you can do that on a sport bike? ive done it on my xr80 but a sportbike????
Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Towlieee

yeah but
A) hes a nooB
B) you got skillz
C) he is gonna break his ****

Dubby knows whats up.

Last edited by IV; 01-30-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TOP_DAWG
ride with a buddy and pack a rope and tow that **** home
ive done that with a scooter behind a car lol it was funny as hell
Old 01-30-2009, 03:44 PM

S.Y. is a decent person

still possible to ride home with no levers, footpegs, shifter etc.
and one more thing ROCK THE BLOCKS AND THE LOTS
Old 01-30-2009, 04:08 PM

well, i am a newb at stunting big bikes (been riding my k5 750 for 3 years on the streets with just doing clutch up sitdowns around town in 2nd and 3rd), but i tear it up on a fiddy (that doesnt mean ****, i know), but hoping it'll mean if i set this bike up decent i wont break **** all the time.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:11 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
Ya I ride without a clutch lever once haha, but it was at a lot about 2 miles from my house, with only 1 stop light right as you leave the lot

so I got my bike started, started pushing it tell I had it moving about 5-8mph or so, jumped on and jamed it into 1st gear lol.. Then did circles at the end of the lot tell the light turned green, then hit the streets! lol
Old 01-30-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by IV
yeah but
A) hes a nooB
B) you got skillz
C) he is gonna break his ****

Dubby knows whats up.
I don't have skills

and I LEARNED riding to the spot.. I did my first wheelie ever on a sport bike in a parking lot, and I rode to the lot

Quick Reply: Riding your bike to the spot?