Life in a Wheelchair....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough
Re: Life in a Wheelchair....

I think the big problem would be making medics more aware of them. I know down here in butt **** arkansas, the medics arent going to know anything about them and will just pull your helmet off like they would any other time
Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Don't the new Arais come with a similar thing stock? They don't inflate but the whole liner has a quick disconnect to the shell slides right off
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

My problem lies in the "mandatory" I think if you wanna spend $60 (not$50) +shipping on this item, great and good for you but dont ram it down everyones throat like its gonna prevent every neck injury that may occur. Is there even any evidence this product saved anybody? If so you should mention it to give credibility before forcing broke stunters to spend the money and effort to get something that "may" only save 1 in a million. If thats really the case.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
My problem lies in the "mandatory" I think if you wanna spend $60 (not$50) +shipping on this item, great and good for you but dont ram it down everyones throat like its gonna prevent every neck injury that may occur. Is there even any evidence this product saved anybody? If so you should mention it to give credibility before forcing broke stunters to spend the money and effort to get something that "may" only save 1 in a million. If thats really the case.
don't be stubborn my friend......just say "yes, this is a great idea" and simply move on without having to bash it.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry but until its proven, its not a good idea. Actually if you inflate the thing too fast you may cause more damage than good. Also I am not trying to bash the product, just making some observations. Using my freedom of speech, just like the freedom I should have to make decisions concerning my safety and what products to use. Besides its motorcycle ridin isnt it supposed to be a little dangerous?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Stuff!

I'm sure our stunters who are also emt's, paramedics or nurses will concur in the value of this device.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

I have a friend who uses one of these. Hes an Outlaw 10.5 drag racer and hopes he never has to use it. I know If I ever roll REDONKULOUS stoppies again I'll invest in one too... Nice post Tony
Old 01-28-2009, 11:37 AM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
I would prefer to be that 1 in a million... looks like to me it could be the best money you've ever wasted.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

strong safety protocols that are enforced industry wide for pro comps will be a huge asset in the coming years, because freestyle motorsports in general are right now having their reputations crapped all over by the huge insurance liability known as monster truck freestyle.

I'll be damned if they don't kill more people a year than sharks.

cool product
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

an announcer for monster jam was killed in madison, wi this past friday....truck STRAIGHT ran him over, in front of thousands.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ryan S
an announcer for monster jam was killed in madison, wi this past friday....truck STRAIGHT ran him over, in front of thousands.
I heard about that. I was in Ohio about ten days ago preaching "freestyle is the new rock and roll" to the non-believers when a monster truck flew into peices during a freestyle run and killed a 6 year old in Washington.

the next day seemed more like a safety meeting. I could feel the market get harder.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i think its a small thing...its cots too much for what it is and its use..i am not buying it..if i wanted to protected more, i would get something else,like a chest protecting,which i had planed,just never got it..
Old 01-28-2009, 03:03 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Great product I always love the ability to walk and coming from having both neck and back problems this looks like a winner for me! Tony do you know how often this product should be replaced if never used? I will have one in me and my gurls helment by next week thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 03:09 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

don't be stubborn my friend......just say "yes, this is a great idea" and simply move on without having to bash it.
but if this is a requirement, then why not make a leatte brace a requirement?

Why require something that could help you after a neck injury, instead of just wearing something that could prevent the neck injury all together
Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Are you talking about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAgh...eature=channel

If so, that would be the equivalent to someone walking out in front of you on the track when your doing 70mph combo's
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by nolimitriderz
Great product I always love the ability to walk and coming from having both neck and back problems this looks like a winner for me! Tony do you know how often this product should be replaced if never used? I will have one in me and my gurls helment by next week thanks
huh..this is not going to protect you from having spine/head injuries.it just prevents more injuries after u already got them,while taking the helmet off?..am i confused
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Safety is a super big issue now days with everyone....Everywhere you look weather its hand rails or warning signs it seems to be everyones concern and even if there is a chance that it could save your life WHY NOT? i would much rather pay 50 60 even 100 bucks to have a chance of not being wheel chair bound and poopin on myself.....I mean every sport has its rules and regs on safety issues and if you have a stunt comp where there 2000 ppl watchin it would make things alot better if a rider didnt get parilized in front of them all.....Just like you have to wear a helmet and a jacket...I mean fifty bucks is like buying a good set of gloves
Old 01-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Faught
Safety is a super big issue now days with everyone....Everywhere you look weather its hand rails or warning signs it seems to be everyones concern and even if there is a chance that it could save your life WHY NOT? i would much rather pay 50 60 even 100 bucks to have a chance of not being wheel chair bound and poopin on myself.....I mean every sport has its rules and regs on safety issues and if you have a stunt comp where there 2000 ppl watchin it would make things alot better if a rider didnt get parilized in front of them all.....Just like you have to wear a helmet and a jacket...I mean fifty bucks is like buying a good set of gloves
i just think you can make a better investment in safety..even free ones,like not wearing shortsleev shirts when riding?!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 PM

and shorts let me add that
Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i never said at the lot ha ha i just think at a comp where there is alot of ppl watching it would be a good idea........

Quick Reply: Life in a Wheelchair....