Circles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:15 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person
Arrow Circles?

I began working with circles this weekend.... and would like to see what everyone is doing different out there. I slow it to like 5mph, dip it in at BP, turn my head..... and then play with the gas and rear brake. My rear tire pressure is at 32psi, and I am working staggard right now. I am in first gear also w/ 56 tooth on my 600RR.

I went to the right, and got one full revolution before i dropped the nose too much.... but it felt nice, just different (the whole leaning thing). I highsided 3 times, and lowsided it once due to a lil too much throttle.

Just looking to see if anyone did anything that they found made it a little easier on them, different techniques, etc.

Buz
Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Circles?

just practice a lot and dont be scared to hit the throttle, gas and clutch are your friends, if you feel like your gona high side, pull in the clutch. and dont be heavy on the brake.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I think its easier to learn with a lower tire pressure. I started at like mabey 20 and now I keep it at 28
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree, start out at around 20ish or a few higher untill you get the concept down and then keep bumpin it up as you progress.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 PM

sounds like a good start. I will bring it down just a bit, and work up. I noticed that I may be giving it a lil too much brake once in the circle. I guess I should just feather it? The brake brings the bike into the circle.... and the gas wants to stand the bike up... right?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:16 PM

I know it is mostly muscle memory for all of you naturals.... but there is way more than 2 people doing circles here
Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

min speed,then bike will start to falling on one side,pick your side and then give throttle,if bike start falling into circle use your upper body and just give throttle,and try to pass bp before you start lean into circle. i can circle into right side,but **** i always highside at left circle,i have some weird feeling,and if i wanna to do tight circle the i set my chest closer to the handlebar.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Keep all your weight on your inside foot, all the time. (until you get good at them)

If you find yourself getting behind balance point, circle tightening up, dip the clutch for a second.

If youre ahead of balance point, front wheel wanting to fall, blip the throttle.

Its better to be ahead of balance point than behind it, because its easier to correct.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

practice practice practice practice practice practice practice!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 100%_sukkafree
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:08 PM

I got the practice part... haha. Just getting more insight into the adjustments and such. Thanks for all the input.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
Keep all your weight on your inside foot, all the time. (until you get good at them)

If you find yourself getting behind balance point, circle tightening up, dip the clutch for a second.

If youre ahead of balance point, front wheel wanting to fall, blip the throttle.

Its better to be ahead of balance point than behind it, because its easier to correct.
Thanks bro... helps a ton.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MikeM

Not that I havent heard that from you a million times already but its good to read and see what everyone has to say. Im always behind BP when trying and I wind up on the bar or stalling and slamming down to the ground
Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I'm still learning them, but gettin more consistent, with the same stance and direction as you. Other than practice these guys have said it all, whats holdin me back a lot is too much brake, end up riding it inadvertantly while puttin weight on the inside foot(brake) . I go in on a steady idle, and keep sayin to myself stay off the brake, squeek squeek..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKoUJn0qQj0[/youtube]
Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM

^^^^^ Looking good there buddy! ^^^^^

I am soooo close. I got one to the right, but I think I was too into the brake. The biggest thing will be getting used to the lean.

I can do the super slow stuff, and working on using the hand brake for SS.... but circles are my number one priority right now. Maybe going to the right is easier than the left? I dunno... haha
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

circles are hard to give advice on cause there are so many variables,a normal wheelie is just gas and brake but circles are gas,brake,lean in/out ,pull/push right or left handle bar,turn bars,weight left or right foot ect., ect., ect., ect., ect.............. dont waste time practicing recons either
Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 PM

Adjusting to the variables will come with practice..... however, getting the circle started, and misc advice and tips are welcome. There are always variables to everything. This thread is just to give Circle Squids somewhere to start
Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 PM

And... I am a circle squid..... haha
Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM

Klos is a decent person

The only advice I really have is jump and do a 360 and what ever way your body naturally turns is the way you should try to dip in that is how I learned
Old 01-26-2009, 08:13 PM

Klos is a decent person

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
Adjusting to the variables will come with practice..... however, getting the circle started, and misc advice and tips are welcome. There are always variables to everything. This thread is just to give Circle Squids somewhere to start
when you start to dip in blurp the gas and it will start to pull you around and what i do is always look down at the ground in the direction that I am turning

Quick Reply: Circles?