Circles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:19 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person
Re: Circles?

Originally Posted by Klos
when you start to dip in blurp the gas and it will start to pull you around and what i do is always look down at the ground in the direction that I am turning
Thanks bro... more good advice.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person

keep them coming. im in the same rut, always stalls before i get a full revolution out of it. im only running a 54 t so i know that probably has alot to do with it. but what are some ideas
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jasonpayne123
keep them coming. im in the same rut, always stalls before i get a full revolution out of it. im only running a 54 t so i know that probably has alot to do with it. but what are some ideas

54 tooth is plenty big enough just dont be afraid to bleep the throttle...i learned on stock and went to 54 and i love it..
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Klos
when you start to dip in blurp the gas and it will start to pull you around and what i do is always look down at the ground in the direction that I am turning

yeah but ya cant forget to look up every once in a while seeing as you will get dizzy lol i try not fixate on any one object..
Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM

I blipped the throttle yesterday... but i think too much. I ended up lowsiding. What is considered a safe blip? hahaha
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
What is considered a safe blip?
you must slip the cluch and rew it
Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 PM

Klos is a decent person

Originally Posted by FUCT420
yeah but ya cant forget to look up every once in a while seeing as you will get dizzy lol i try not fixate on any one object..
yeah I had that happen a few times but it really helps went you are learning
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person

Originally Posted by FUCT420
54 tooth is plenty big enough just dont be afraid to bleep the throttle...i learned on stock and went to 54 and i love it..
true but the difference is the gsxr is not the smoothest bike and a blip is not always nice! with the timing retard system that bilp is unpredictable.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

sol5269 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjoec01
I'm still learning them, but gettin more consistent, with the same stance and direction as you. Other than practice these guys have said it all, whats holdin me back a lot is too much brake, end up riding it inadvertantly while puttin weight on the inside foot(brake) . I go in on a steady idle, and keep sayin to myself stay off the brake, squeek squeek..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKoUJn0qQj0
ur right there bud u already got the concept of clutchin out and two fingerin... u'll be comboin in no time
Old 01-28-2009, 12:05 AM

Clutching out? Can you explain this a lil deeper please?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 AM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

Clutching out? Can you explain this a lil deeper please?
if u watch his vid... when the bike starts to high side he pulls in the clutch savin him self from crashin... once u get that on lock u can use it to stay in the circle better also
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Oh... I see. I got the whole pulling in the clutch when highsiding and jumping off then setting it down. Is there more to it than that? Earlier in this thread it was said that if you come back past BP to slip it a lil. Still thinking about it..... haha
Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

Oh... I see. I got the whole pulling in the clutch when highsiding and jumping off then setting it down. Is there more to it than that? Earlier in this thread it was said that if you come back past BP to slip it a lil. Still thinking about it..... haha

the best thing to do is to develop ur own style when it comes to circles... i know it doesnt help for me to say this but u will some day be bangin out circles... so that bein said allways remember these things:
1- always cover ur clutch
2- break control is the most important part of doin circles
3- use ur upper body to move the bike and leave ur lower body as planted as possible (obv u will use it a little but ur hips dont steer the bike ur upper body does)
4- no one likes to watch slow circles so try and speed em up and get em tight
5- feel ur bike dont try to guess
do those things and u'll be killin **** in a month or two
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 AM

Points taken.... thanks for the encouragement brother.

Buz
Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

riding with people that are good is like the best way to learn them,the new guy(proudfeet) that started riding with us went from 10-15mph staggered wheelies to comboing from can-can to RL circles in just under 3 months!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 AM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
riding with people that are good is like the best way to learn them,the new guy(proudfeet) that started riding with us went from 10-15mph staggered wheelies to comboing from can-can to RL circles in just under 3 months!
i think the whole stunt world got better just by watchin u guys on the internet... i could only imagine what it would be like to ride with u guys
Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 AM

There are only a few people out here that are super good..... but they r very difficult to catch and ride with. I rode with SIC MikeD a couple weeks ago, and that was the most fun I have had.... plus learned a ton. Awesome guy... very busy. The other SIC guys are super busy, and Team Famous SAS are too big. Then there are 2 local riders that r pretty sick, and I get to ride with them again this weekend. If I could ride everyday with an awesome rider... I would in a heartbeat.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 AM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

I began working with circles this weekend.... and would like to see what everyone is doing different out there. I slow it to like 5mph, dip it in at BP, turn my head..... and then play with the gas and rear brake. My rear tire pressure is at 32psi, and I am working staggard right now. I am in first gear also w/ 56 tooth on my 600RR.

I went to the right, and got one full revolution before i dropped the nose too much.... but it felt nice, just different (the whole leaning thing). I highsided 3 times, and lowsided it once due to a lil too much throttle.

Just looking to see if anyone did anything that they found made it a little easier on them, different techniques, etc.

Buz
different people are comfortable with different things, if you made a full turn, your on your way, just keep practicing, it will get easier.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 AM

I cant wait. Not worried about the highside..... worried about the lowside. The bike is heavy when it lands on you. haha
Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 AM

J_Rod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
ha ha hells yeah!!! One of the best pieces of advise i got was "Go ***** out on everything"
It really does help ridin wit people who know how to ride so you can watch learn and pick up tips

Quick Reply: Circles?