Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:51 AM

EmoSlayer47 is a decent person
Help?

Allright being in the military you have to jump through numerous hoops to do anything fun. Riding motorcycles already has a bad reputation and I had to go through a beginners riders course and an advance riders course just to ride. That was back in the day when I had an R1 and was stationed near Sturgis SD. Now being over in Italy has it's perks, cops see you in a lot they park and watch because its new and interesting to them everything over heres is Rossi this and Rossi that, GP races are a crazy 3 day event over here but they rarely see stunt bikes. My R6 gets more looks than the 1098 over here and I constantly get questioned about my bike. Now heres the thing due to the attention of having a huge sprocket, round bar, cage, HB etc. I get asked a lot by the big wigs what I do with the bike. When you do something dangerous (skydiving, racing, scuba, rock climb etc.) you have to get it approved on a "high risk activities sheet" which is a piece of paper that needs to be approved by your Commander. Now our main "safety guy" who advises the commander is a big motorcycle enthusiast who agrees I should be able to stunt in a "controlled area" he sees it as no more dangerous than jumping outta a plane or taking a track day which we are approved to do. Luckly he is someone in power with enough intelligence to realize this but hes not the final yes or no person. Do you guys have any bit of information showing stunting in the higher of reguards....I plan on showing my Commander the XDLshow sight proving that its actually an organized sport (this is huge with her because shes competitive and if its a actual sport it helps) but showing her a that it's a legit sport isn't enough in my opinion, I need something else, stats of some sort anything I guess. We have a lot on base used for the riding courses that I'm trying to get approved to ride on. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM

Re: Help?

Oh ya I almost forgot, the main point of gettin it approved on a "High Risk Activities Sheet" is that if it's not on that sheet and I get hurt doing it or killed, they will not cover my medical expenses and my benificiaries potentially wont get my life insurance...but if its on there, I can go crazy all I want.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 PM

DD0311 is a decent person

i was in the marines and i got away with everything u just have to be slick about it. i got into fights and betweeen nicks cuts broken bones and bruises, we all came up with an excuse, " i dont no how many times i tripped on the stairs and fell lol" i would stunt with a bro or somebody you trust cause if you get hurt you need someone to make your **** disa pear to the public eye or cops if there cool cuz you know they wiil get those civilian hospital records eventually. hopefully the po po wont cite you if you explain your problem. sounds like there willing to work with you cause they want to watch id talk to them first get friendly offer some doughnuts.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:11 PM

so in other words just do what you love and fly under the radar and where something to cut down on road rash brusies cuts and broken bones can be covered by excuses road rash is just that cant cover that up.
im in the same boat now but its a lil easier for me cuz i went to the navy *** reserves and nobody has a clue whats going on in the world just a big mickey mouse club one weekend a month
Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by DD0311
so in other words just do what you love and fly under the radar and where something to cut down on road rash brusies cuts and broken bones can be covered by excuses road rash is just that cant cover that up.
im in the same boat now but its a lil easier for me cuz i went to the navy *** reserves and nobody has a clue whats going on in the world just a big mickey mouse club one weekend a month

Well being that this is a tiny, I mean tiny base everyone knows everyone and its got that small town gossip vibe going on, I wear enough proctective gear when I ride for people to wonder if I'm mentally challenged or not so thats not really the issue, its more of presenting XDL and stunting in the most professional safest way, all Im doing is playing the "game" and trying to win, you should have a good idea of what I'm talking about.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM

whats your job in the tiny base anything to do with jumping out of helos or anything like that cuz the sports no more dangerous than that. i fell thirty sum feet from a helo fast roping coulda got hurt bad on that , but i didnt . just explain your not traveling at excessives speeds ? 35 mph can kill a kid on bike 25 mph she lives. just tell them you have a governor on your bike that restricts you from doing that while you stunt but take it off for riding around the block and if its a she shell prob b lost by that last comment, no offense to the ladies out there but this one seems like shes primmed and pampered and has no clue bout this sport and then i would show her clips of slow wheelies and no crazy high chairs or anything that might look risky you just got to get it approved after the papers are signed make a copy and keep in a safe place so they cant say they lost it and screw you.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM

whats your job in the tiny base anything to do with jumping out of helos or anything like that cuz the sports no more dangerous than that. i fell thirty sum feet from a helo fast roping coulda got hurt bad on that , but i didnt . just explain your not traveling at excessives speeds ? 35 mph can kill a kid on bike 25 mph she lives. just tell them you have a governor on your bike that restricts you from doing that while you stunt but take it off for riding around the block and if its a she shell prob b lost by that last comment, no offense to the ladies out there but this one seems like shes primmed and pampered and has no clue bout this sport and then i would show her clips of slow wheelies and no crazy high chairs or anything that might look risky you just got to get it approved after the papers are signed make a copy and keep in a safe place so they cant say they lost it and screw you.

Well I build bombs and missles, then inspect them and make sure there going to go boom. Your right, inspecting explosives and acidently droping tnt or static electricity setting of a lb. of c4 in front of you is 10x's more dangerous than stunting but thats what I get paid to do, now if i get hurt doing something else then we have a problem...Like i said, i realize the angle im going to go at her with I'm just looking for any articles and propaganda that portreays the sport in a good way? Anything?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM

i gotcha its a long shot but in the miltary riders forum i remember somone getting it "ok'd" but ull have to read the avatars. as far as articles ? good luck lota hatin to sort through but im sure theres something out there maybe you could turn into a good public realtions thing with the peeps outside the base and get them to wite a letter from the community to show that they back you and let them speak on your behalf its a long shot and might be easier than you think rossi rossi rossi make your name known next to his long shot but ? good luck other than that get a new life insurance your in the military get usaa they gotcha you covered drop the sgli if money is a problem
Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM

i gotcha its a long shot but in the miltary riders forum i remember somone getting it "ok'd" but ull have to read the avatars. as far as articles ? good luck lota hatin to sort through but im sure theres something out there maybe you could turn into a good public realtions thing with the peeps outside the base and get them to wite a letter from the community to show that they back you and let them speak on your behalf its a long shot and might be easier than you think rossi rossi rossi make your name known next to his long shot but ? good luck other than that get a new life insurance your in the military get usaa they gotcha you covered drop the sgli if money is a problem

Like I said "not to be an ***" no one stunts around here, there all about Rossi , I have usaa, and the sgli covers up like 400K, which would go to my stoner brother, soooo thats good enough.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:07 PM

Had the meeting today, got approved to sunt in and the mili will cover me if I get hurt. Now just trying to get an approved spot on base, my commander was suprisingly supportive and wants an exhibition show outta it, anybody wanna come to italy?