who's had to......

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:43 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
who's had to......

......take a break from or cut back on riding???

After talking to my student advisor I've found out I graduate this december...sounds like a great thing, but after being in school since mid-2001 its like my time to buckle down is here. I have 4 set of clinical boards and one set of Physiotherapy boards to pass, and I have to see around 350 more patients, do 9 more pelvic exams, and 18 more physicals while taking classes and raising my 5 month old son.

I hate to say it, but instead of riding almost everyday like the last several years, I might be down to one or two saturdays a month IF I can get out to ride.

Guess my progress is gonna be minimal this year huh? I have to look at it as a means to an end. I didnt grow up with money, and school has been hard, but hopefully my degree will help me be able to enjoy stunting and my other hobbies alot more, and eventually CONTRIBUTE to those hobbies as well. I hope I'm right!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:50 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: who's had to......

i usually just choose to ride on Sundays. unless i feel like riding more. we use to ride every single night and all weekend long. but i do not miss riding that much any more. i just ride 1 day a week to give me a reason to keep my bike for now
Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

im working on a career right now, so riding has def. taken a back seat for a while..even more in the future im sure..but its all worth it when your sittin on that $$$$
Old 01-24-2009, 01:00 AM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-NECK
im working on a career right now, so riding has def. taken a back seat for a while..even more in the future im sure..but its all worth it when your sittin on that $$$$
yes, this is def the right decision over riding btw hi hater
Old 01-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by jbstunts
yes, this is def the right decision over riding btw hi hater
lol thats the greatest song ever
Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah you gotta do what you gotta do man. Riding isn't going to pay the bills.. There's a time where you don't waste all that time riding and do something more productive.. I just stick to riding sundays now.. Maybe twice a week if I'm feeling froggy
Old 01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Yeah you gotta do what you gotta do man. Riding isn't going to pay the bills.. There's a time where you don't waste all that time riding and do something more productive.. I just stick to riding sundays now.. Maybe twice a week if I'm feeling froggy
you must be my twin
Old 01-24-2009, 01:13 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

i havent been to a stunt spot to practice in over 9 months. havent rode a bike in about 6 months. been too busy trying to do other things stunt related and havent had time to actually be the one on the bike.

sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do to put food on the table.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:15 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

i was forced into retirement by the man, i miss it, but its either give it up or take the chance of going to jail for long time.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

last year i cut back alot...mostly because i couldnt afford to get hurt...at my job we accumalte un used sick days every year...i was lucky or the first 5 years i rarely used any and then i broke my thum an went thru 39 or so and then another 10 when i cut my leg up...so i had to take it easy last year cuz my job is more important that my hobby and i cant affrod to loose it if i got hurt major again
Old 01-24-2009, 05:49 AM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

go **** urself eazenutz! fukin ******!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

it's nice to have a job with awesome benefits and still be able to work if u get hurt riding

When it's not 10 degrees out i ride every day i can
Old 01-24-2009, 06:25 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Shake
wtf just bust out some hate?!?!?!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 AM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

I hear ya about that med. insurance. But I can still be productive at work when I get hurt, it just sucks cause everyone will want to know why you are limping? Why are your ribs bruised? **** like that, and it gets OLD. I ride everychance I can, but its not THAT often...
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by Shake
wtf is all this hate about?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
......take a break from or cut back on riding???

After talking to my student advisor I've found out I graduate this december...sounds like a great thing, but after being in school since mid-2001 its like my time to buckle down is here. I have 4 set of clinical boards and one set of Physiotherapy boards to pass, and I have to see around 350 more patients, do 9 more pelvic exams, and 18 more physicals while taking classes and raising my 5 month old son.

I hate to say it, but instead of riding almost everyday like the last several years, I might be down to one or two saturdays a month IF I can get out to ride.

Guess my progress is gonna be minimal this year huh? I have to look at it as a means to an end. I didnt grow up with money, and school has been hard, but hopefully my degree will help me be able to enjoy stunting and my other hobbies alot more, and eventually CONTRIBUTE to those hobbies as well. I hope I'm right!

I bought a house and got a family last summer. Ridings went from 6 days a week to 2 , Been falling behind on a lot of new tricks, sux but thats life.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

i just ride on Sundays pretty much so I wont get burnt out again
Old 01-24-2009, 11:48 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

if i wasn't cold as *****, ride the streets on weekdays and stunt on weekends. sometimes switch days. i'm laid off till work picks up. riding in 30degrees is fun only for a couple hours then, u just try not to get sick
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I havent worked since May 2008. That was nice for riding coz I would ride when I wanted too - during the day at night whatever. I start a new job on Monday and that was the first thing that popped into my head - that I cant ride during the week anymore I'll be getting up at 5:30 every day to get into the city and I'll be getting home around 7:30 or 8. I suppose I could squeeze in 1 or 2 days during the week if I wanted too but I'm probably gonna be so shot I wont want too. Plus the spots are 30-45 min from my house It is what it is though and we gotta do what we gotta do. I'll be rippin on the weekends
Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Docs GLOCK 17

merdock21 is a decent person

Its been to cold to ride so im just waitin for some sunshine and its on like donkey kong bbrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppp

Quick Reply: who's had to......