Another Factory Stunt Rider!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
Re: Another Factory Stunt Rider!

Nice man. Post some pics of that thing asap.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

congrats bro, you def put in the work to be deserving of it! looking forward to seeing you murder those things!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 AM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rance
good job bro, always liked your style of riding.
+1

Congrats Joe
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

did anyone listen to it last night?? Joe so it was a tail wind that help you go 900ft. LOL
Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by frayz
think about it this way. there is less reason for kawasaki to support a stuntrider because it is consensus by the sport to ride 636's becuz they perform better..

If your aprilia and no one is thinkin about riding ur bikes to stunt. The best way to get ur foot in is to sponsor someone and show people how nasty a bike can get. Great marketing in my eyes.

edit: That being said I have contemplated beemers since Pfeiffer and Teach ride them.. at first they look ugly, but to watch them destroy it on those bikes. straight nastyness.

yea... until they fall apart in front of an audience.
In all honesty, and I know from experience, an average person can't afford to buy, build, maintain one of the "exotica" brands like this as a viable stuntbike. It's way too costly...
Dude.. frame sliders alone for my Mille cost me $180.! I'm talkin harris delrin frame sliders man!! LOL

I think it's completely awesome that the factory backs these guys!!!
But I don't think the plan is to sell more of their bikes to prospective stunters. It can't be.. there is no aftermarket for the parts needed to build one into lot worthy tool, so everything has to be one-off basically... and that drives the price way up! As if the sticker price wasn't high enough right??

I mean they race in WSB to win. So when they win, they can sell more bikes. People like seeing their bike they rode to work on Friday, win races on Sunday. It's a "pride in the brand" type thing. I'm sure you'll get some of that from the factory backed stunt bikes too. "Brand loyalty"

But Aprilia and BMW doesn't even race in the big events anymore do they?(WSB, MOTO-GP,ect.) It's awesome they back stunting and don't even race anymore! What that says to me about stunting is really a mouthfull!

I honestly think that they don't do the mainstream thing anymore, because they just can't really be competitive over there. So they are lookin to find a niche. And the stunting/streetfighter/hooligan type of lifestyle is growing in popularity fast, so they are experimenting with things like the aprilia challenge at XDL, and schedule stunting exhibitions at new dealership openings, ect. It creates a buzz and ****.

But IMO, to say that hey want to get their foot in the door to the stunting market cuz they want to prove how stuntworty their bikes are is just naive...
I really wonder how many $15-18,000. bikes get sold to someone actually planning on makin it into a real stuntbike to ride? I started stunting and sold my Mille! LOL
Their main customers will just enjoy to ride their bike to work on friday and watch someone like Joe Dryden win XDL on it on Sunday...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

sick, congrats man!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:24 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Congrats Joe... U have put in years worth of blood, sweat and tears to get to the point u are at now. Glad to see it all paying off for u. Those bikes are amazing to ride and even better to look at.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
yea... until they fall apart in front of an audience.
In all honesty, and I know from experience, an average person can't afford to buy, build, maintain one of the "exotica" brands like this as a viable stuntbike. It's way too costly...
Dude.. frame sliders alone for my Mille cost me $180.! I'm talkin harris delrin frame sliders man!! LOL

I think it's completely awesome that the factory backs these guys!!!
But I don't think the plan is to sell more of their bikes to prospective stunters. It can't be.. there is no aftermarket for the parts needed to build one into lot worthy tool, so everything has to be one-off basically... and that drives the price way up! As if the sticker price wasn't high enough right??

I mean they race in WSB to win. So when they win, they can sell more bikes. People like seeing their bike they rode to work on Friday, win races on Sunday. It's a "pride in the brand" type thing. I'm sure you'll get some of that from the factory backed stunt bikes too. "Brand loyalty"

But Aprilia and BMW doesn't even race in the big events anymore do they?(WSB, MOTO-GP,ect.) It's awesome they back stunting and don't even race anymore! What that says to me about stunting is really a mouthfull!

I honestly think that they don't do the mainstream thing anymore, because they just can't really be competitive over there. So they are lookin to find a niche. And the stunting/streetfighter/hooligan type of lifestyle is growing in popularity fast, so they are experimenting with things like the aprilia challenge at XDL, and schedule stunting exhibitions at new dealership openings, ect. It creates a buzz and ****.

But IMO, to say that hey want to get their foot in the door to the stunting market cuz they want to prove how stuntworty their bikes are is just naive...
I really wonder how many $15-18,000. bikes get sold to someone actually planning on makin it into a real stuntbike to ride? I started stunting and sold my Mille! LOL
Their main customers will just enjoy to ride their bike to work on friday and watch someone like Joe Dryden win XDL on it on Sunday...

Good post. However, this is an angle that I looked at. I had no interest in riding a bike that was un-obtainable to the average person. This is why I chose the Shiver. Sticker is just over 8k, right on the same level as any 600 out there. Chain drive, vortex makes sprockets. Freestyle will have a cage for it in the next few weeks. Comes with oversized bars. The main obstacle thus far will be converting the clutch to cable, wich I don't beleive is going to be a huge issue. But, in all honesty, I think that this bike will be very reasonable to set up. I know the power is perfect, good brakes and suspension out of the box. As far as durabilty, I will let you know in a few months! Thank you everyone for the comments, this is something that I would have never thought possible back in 02 (thanks for the pic Zuki!) and I am hoping to do well on this bike!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Zuki750

ha ha ha
Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah that pic is sick lol i just finally got a copy of island hoppin and clutch poppin. good memories.....
Old 01-22-2009, 12:09 AM

HollywoodStuntz has a spectacular aura aboutHollywoodStuntz has a spectacular aura aboutHollywoodStuntz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SquidWheelies
yeah that pic is sick lol i just finally got a copy of island hoppin and clutch poppin. good memories.....
yeah tell me about it, **** was pretty tight!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah you got your cameos lol. too bad i was drunk and decided to get lit up by a paintbal gun. lol it was good to see you again man. i'll be makin more events again this year.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

sick joe! congrats!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

great job man ,congrats
Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
www.STRICTLYSTUNT.com

JackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to behold

congrats man!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:06 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

bikestyles-chub is a decent person

gangsta....congrats
Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SquidWheelies
yeah you got your cameos lol. too bad i was drunk and decided to get lit up by a paintbal gun. lol it was good to see you again man. i'll be makin more events again this year.
was that you jumping off the second story balcony at the days inn
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
Good post. However, this is an angle that I looked at. I had no interest in riding a bike that was un-obtainable to the average person. This is why I chose the Shiver. Sticker is just over 8k, right on the same level as any 600 out there. Chain drive, vortex makes sprockets. Freestyle will have a cage for it in the next few weeks. Comes with oversized bars. The main obstacle thus far will be converting the clutch to cable, wich I don't beleive is going to be a huge issue. But, in all honesty, I think that this bike will be very reasonable to set up. I know the power is perfect, good brakes and suspension out of the box. As far as durabilty, I will let you know in a few months! Thank you everyone for the comments, this is something that I would have never thought possible back in 02 (thanks for the pic Zuki!) and I am hoping to do well on this bike!
You will do fine on that bike Joe. And I was only speculating about the factory's intentions, not yours. I wouldv'e asked for a V-4 if it was me! LOL You made a great decision bro, and it was a well deserved opportunity!!! BUT......
You can't knock doin work on a bike that is unobtainable to the average "Joe" - pun intended... LOL

Honestly, that was my thing about creepin across busy intersections on my Mille with my front tire not spinnin. I was a squid, but it was so awesome to see people's reactions and their facial expressions through the car windows and stuff when I'm peekin around the tank at them... LOL
We all have done it.
I called my Aprillia my instant grin factory! haha
I didn't know what I was doing at the time, but I could do fairly slower first gear stuff on it with no gearing change whatsoever. I like that about a twin. Anywhere on the tach if I twisted the grip back, it was layin down power straight to the road, and I mean NOW too!

And when people see you tearing up the Aprilia, it definately is going to be a wig splitter! It's baller status! To wreak havok on an italian stallion like that will turn heads and get tons of attention! and probably on the less expensive shiver it will be the same! Well, just like stunting any expensive custom sport bike I guess.... But get on one that is rare like that, and it seems like it can just be in stock trim basically, and it'll do the same thing as a jap bike you dumped 15g's in!

And as for durability, I put 60K miles on mine, and I never had to adjust the valves on it once like you would have done a few times on a Desmo... (I had their rotax built 998cc 60degree V tho.) Like I said.. they are twins that rev like a jap bike! My tank was plastic on my bike, so I was worried about bustin a crack in it all the time... and the hydro clutch drug alot, didn't even think of doin a cable conversion...
But I liked the slilpper mechanism for squidly fast corner entry mistakes!LOL
Only thing I did major to mine was bust my chain clutchin up first and bound it in my countershaft and cracked the case around the hydro clutch master slave cyl.

D'oh!

it wasn't too bad, just where the slave cyl bolted on...
thank you JB weld!!! LOL
I dunno tho, I may like that new little naked bike too if my wife ever would release the death grip she has on my "bike buying" *****...
I didn't even know they had a "shiver", I just heard about the new V-4 about 4 mo's ago! But at 8 G's, well that changes the whole equation now doesn't it!!
Lookin forward to the footage and build pics.. please take and post lots of them! Do you have any pics of when you took delivery of it?? Any pics of it so far at all?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
You will do fine on that bike Joe. And I was only speculating about the factory's intentions, not yours. I wouldv'e asked for a V-4 if it was me! LOL You made a great decision bro, and it was a well deserved opportunity!!! BUT......
You can't knock doin work on a bike that is unobtainable to the average "Joe" - pun intended... LOL

Honestly, that was my thing about creepin across busy intersections on my Mille with my front tire not spinnin. I was a squid, but it was so awesome to see people's reactions and their facial expressions through the car windows and stuff when I'm peekin around the tank at them... LOL
We all have done it.
I called my Aprillia my instant grin factory! haha
I didn't know what I was doing at the time, but I could do fairly slower first gear stuff on it with no gearing change whatsoever. I like that about a twin. Anywhere on the tach if I twisted the grip back, it was layin down power straight to the road, and I mean NOW too!

And when people see you tearing up the Aprilia, it definately is going to be a wig splitter! It's baller status! To wreak havok on an italian stallion like that will turn heads and get tons of attention! and probably on the less expensive shiver it will be the same! Well, just like stunting any expensive custom sport bike I guess.... But get on one that is rare like that, and it seems like it can just be in stock trim basically, and it'll do the same thing as a jap bike you dumped 15g's in!

And as for durability, I put 60K miles on mine, and I never had to adjust the valves on it once like you would have done a few times on a Desmo... (I had their rotax built 998cc 60degree V tho.) Like I said.. they are twins that rev like a jap bike! My tank was plastic on my bike, so I was worried about bustin a crack in it all the time... and the hydro clutch drug alot, didn't even think of doin a cable conversion...
But I liked the slilpper mechanism for squidly fast corner entry mistakes!LOL
Only thing I did major to mine was bust my chain clutchin up first and bound it in my countershaft and cracked the case around the hydro clutch master slave cyl.

D'oh!

it wasn't too bad, just where the slave cyl bolted on...
thank you JB weld!!! LOL
I dunno tho, I may like that new little naked bike too if my wife ever would release the death grip she has on my "bike buying" *****...
I didn't even know they had a "shiver", I just heard about the new V-4 about 4 mo's ago! But at 8 G's, well that changes the whole equation now doesn't it!!
Lookin forward to the footage and build pics.. please take and post lots of them! Do you have any pics of when you took delivery of it?? Any pics of it so far at all?

For sure man, the V4 is the business! I had a chance to check it out at the Aprilia dealer show, real sick bike!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 PM
hunts and stunts

yea... IT's sick as hell!

I also was lookin at their website you linked up from your page, and there are a quite a few cool new models out now!
and what is the deal with that one that has no clutch lever and an auto transmission or something? weird..

Also, I see they are using a lot of fly by wire throttle technology these days. How is that going to effect throttle input when turning up your idle I wonder?

Quick Reply: Another Factory Stunt Rider!