stuntwarz DISGRACE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person
Re: stuntwarz DISGRACE

so wait a sec... they wouldnt let the "pit bikes" in the pits!!!??? WHAT THE ****????????? thats fucked

AND they dont let you film your boy inless you got a media pass!!!??? WHAT THE ANOTHER ****!?!?!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by $JOHNNY$
so wait a sec... they wouldnt let the "pit bikes" in the pits!!!??? WHAT THE ****????????? thats fucked

AND they dont let you film your boy inless you got a media pass!!!??? WHAT THE ANOTHER ****!?!?!
they let every one ride 50's in the pits every day except sunday , i think because they had the guy in the ball of death putting on like three shows in the pits sunday and there were like a thousand people in the pits so having people doing stunts on there fifty wouldn't have been cool ..

the pits are pretty crowded with just the riders and the riders vehicles so when the grand stands empty into the pits to watch the guys in the steel ball it gets really crowded
Old 01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
KILLIN BIKES

ohhh. yeah i understand that... the way i read his post, sounded like NO 50z ALLOWD!!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM

CIX J.J. is a decent person

What I'm sayin is that when people like Todd Colbert and Kyle Woods get on the microphone and say this a great event for the riders, it's crap. If that was the case they would give more courtesy to the riders and the teams that the riders are on. If they wanna get video footage for a video that they are gonna produce, they should be able to.

When you see the xgames and arena cross on TV there are always people and teammates around the riders giving them support, so don't tell me that doesn't happen.

As far as filming from the hole in the fence at turn 3, I disagree that its a great spot for the endo comp being that the endos take place halfway down the track and end at the other side.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person
Thumbs down Re: stuntwarz DISGRACE>> V's annual epic rant

The fact that the Moto GP and likes do not allow unapproved filming does not necessitate that Stuntwars do the same to liken to it as to professionalism.

There is NO reason why an appropriate compromise could not be made taking into consideration the fact that while we do want this sport to step up into the big leagues, we need not leave behind the followers and fans that have brought it this far!! To do so is a slap in the face. Essentially a big "Thanks, now **** you."

I thought we had all endlessly debated & ultimately agreed that there will always be both pro & underground sides to the stuntriding coin, and that neither realistically would or should reign entirely supreme. One will never eclipse & eliminate the other! People competing on that track came from both camps. So did their fans, followers, & support. Stuntwars needs to acknowledge, appreciate and accommodate the MOST IMPORTANT people to it's event-- the people in the stands! Without them, the riders will have no reason to ride. The sponsors will have no reason to sponsor. It will all be negated.

The very initial idea of the founding of the event was to bring stuntriding as it could be, to the view of the masses! Now it is largely executing restricting access to the riders and even to viewing them well enough to appreciate the show they are putting on for them! When I am in the stands instead of competing, I hear so much griping of not being able to see, unable to tell what exactly the rider is doing, and therefore becoming disenchanted, frustrated, and wholly disappointed with the experience. To have no hope of at least capturing it on cam so they may choose & review what parts were important to them only pisses them off.

When more and more of those people say "**** it, not worth it." and decide to not deal with it, and do not fill those stands, the event, and therefore the sport, will suffer, and severely. How very counterproductive! And all for what, greed? So that no one can capture a trick or wreck on their handycam and save someone from having to buy JD8? The likeliness of the one loss vs. the other is staggering, so I am alarmed such a trade-off could be gambled.

Yes, MotoGP and such maintain a closed & captive media coverage. But they also can afford to so so, because the number of people who watch the event in person vs. the number who watch it on their television is what it is! Stuntwars on the other hand has exactly the opposite. The majority of the fans are there & in those stands, and any television coverage will be fleeting & minimal. So NO it is not appropriate to do as GP does! It will not by imitation yield the same results, because this is a different sport with a different birth & evolution.

Yes there will be little TV, but there will be a DVD you say, and this one little side product is what is likely the root and reason of things decidely being the way they are, in regards to the complaiints heading this thread. I mean after all, the production & sale of this DVD is being counted on to bring in some major dollars... so it needs to be of exclusive content if not exceptional... but.. eh... I needn't speak what we all think reflexively in regards to that. Not my place.

But besides that, I think many people would just rather not buy a dvd that isn't going to have what they would personally have recorded as important to them individually. It would be impossible to produce that, without making it a 6-disk set simply capturing the entirety of every every run... (which would, IMO likely be a better option, and the one I would buy!) So is it really necessary to rob them of that? And besides, wouldn't badass SW footage in as many other DVD's as possible only hype up & grandize the event? Would it not attract far more & wider an audience than the local fliers & radio spots? And for free?? Why would they not ENCOURAGE teams to film their boys at the event, and then distribute it on their own dime to hundreds of potential spectators of the next event? Free advertising & promotion. That's what I think it would in effect be, to be realistic (and un-greedy). So instead of drawing more people in when you have the chance, you up the ante of pissing them off and driving them away? Wtf!

Ya know, with all the bullshit I and so many others have had to deal with and accept, because it was what was "necessary," what was "for the good of the sport," to help secure it's future & funding... the politics and the predeterminations.... if it affected us for the worse we were basically told it was our necessary sacrifice to the greater good, so the potential of the sport could one day be a reality for us all to enjoy... That that glory would be greater than a fleeting blaze here & now. Now tell me what the **** that unfair but honorable **** was all for if it is going to be pissed down the drain by the spectators being driven away increasingly every year? I have been on both sides of the coin, having sacrificed a placing at some events and have gained at others... so I have no personal bias beyond my steadfast principles, as ideallic as they may be. Because essentially it is wrong and unfair either way regardless of whether it was my turn to benefit or gain! There is only bitterness in a win not awarded, and only shame in a win not earned. I would rather have neither, thank you!

I digress and apologize for it, but I guess what I am finally trying to say is, if we all must tolerate the ever-present undercurrents of politics, for the good of the sport & the future of the event, then by god do not let it be for nothing because our myopic focus neglected our precious seat-fillers-- supposed to be our primary priority & focus!-- and caused them to lose their taste for what has (in earlier days) been the primary mecca of the sport! <------- Longest Sentence Ever. Where's my award. :-p

Always,
~Valeska

(yeah i know it was long, so don't waste any more page stating the obvious. That is why I titled it my annual epic rant. Deal wit it.)
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: stuntwarz DISGRACE>> V's annual epic rant

Originally Posted by Valeska
The fact that the Moto GP and likes do not allow unapproved filming does not necessitate that Stuntwars do the same to liken to it as to professionalism.

There is NO reason why an appropriate compromise could not be made taking into consideration the fact that while we do want this sport to step up into the big leagues, we need not leave behind the followers and fans that have brought it this far!! To do so is a slap in the face. Essentially a big "Thanks, now **** you."

I thought we had all endlessly debated & ultimately agreed that there will always be both pro & underground sides to the stuntriding coin, and that neither realistically would or should reign entirely supreme. One will never eclipse & eliminate the other! People competing on that track came from both camps. So did their fans, followers, & support. Stuntwars needs to acknowledge, appreciate and accommodate the MOST IMPORTANT people to it's event-- the people in the stands! Without them, the riders will have no reason to ride. The sponsors will have no reason to sponsor. It will all be negated.

The very initial idea of the founding of the event was to bring stuntriding as it could be, to the view of the masses! Now it is largely executing restricting access to the riders and even to viewing them well enough to appreciate the show they are putting on for them! When I am in the stands instead of competing, I hear so much griping of not being able to see, unable to tell what exactly the rider is doing, and therefore becoming disenchanted, frustrated, and wholly disappointed with the experience. To have no hope of at least capturing it on cam so they may choose & review what parts were important to them only pisses them off.

When more and more of those people say "**** it, not worth it." and decide to not deal with it, and do not fill those stands, the event, and therefore the sport, will suffer, and severely. How very counterproductive! And all for what, greed? So that no one can capture a trick or wreck on their handycam and save someone from having to buy JD8? The likeliness of the one loss vs. the other is staggering, so I am alarmed such a trade-off could be gambled.

Yes, MotoGP and such maintain a closed & captive media coverage. But they also can afford to so so, because the number of people who watch the event in person vs. the number who watch it on their television is what it is! Stuntwars on the other hand has exactly the opposite. The majority of the fans are there & in those stands, and any television coverage will be fleeting & minimal. So NO it is not appropriate to do as GP does! It will not by imitation yield the same results, because this is a different sport with a different birth & evolution.

Yes there will be little TV, but there will be a DVD you say, and this one little side product is what is likely the root and reason of things decidely being the way they are, in regards to the complaiints heading this thread. I mean after all, the production & sale of this DVD is being counted on to bring in some major dollars... so it needs to be of exclusive content if not exceptional... but.. eh... I needn't speak what we all think reflexively in regards to that. Not my place.

But besides that, I think many people would just rather not buy a dvd that isn't going to have what they would personally have recorded as important to them individually. It would be impossible to produce that, without making it a 6-disk set simply capturing the entirety of every every run... (which would, IMO likely be a better option, and the one I would buy!) So is it really necessary to rob them of that? And besides, wouldn't badass SW footage in as many other DVD's as possible only hype up & grandize the event? Would it not attract far more & wider an audience than the local fliers & radio spots? And for free?? Why would they not ENCOURAGE teams to film their boys at the event, and then distribute it on their own dime to hundreds of potential spectators of the next event? Free advertising & promotion. That's what I think it would in effect be, to be realistic (and un-greedy). So instead of drawing more people in when you have the chance, you up the ante of pissing them off and driving them away? Wtf!

Ya know, with all the bullshit I and so many others have had to deal with and accept, because it was what was "necessary," what was "for the good of the sport," to help secure it's future & funding... the politics and the predeterminations.... if it affected us for the worse we were basically told it was our necessary sacrifice to the greater good, so the potential of the sport could one day be a reality for us all to enjoy... That that glory would be greater than a fleeting blaze here & now. Now tell me what the **** that unfair but honorable **** was all for if it is going to be pissed down the drain by the spectators being driven away increasingly every year? I have been on both sides of the coin, having sacrificed a placing at some events and have gained at others... so I have no personal bias beyond my steadfast principles, as ideallic as they may be. Because essentially it is wrong and unfair either way regardless of whether it was my turn to benefit or gain! There is only bitterness in a win not awarded, and only shame in a win not earned. I would rather have neither, thank you!

I digress and apologize for it, but I guess what I am finally trying to say is, if we all must tolerate the ever-present undercurrents of politics, for the good of the sport & the future of the event, then by god do not let it be for nothing because our myopic focus neglected our precious seat-fillers-- supposed to be our primary priority & focus!-- and caused them to lose their taste for what has (in earlier days) been the primary mecca of the sport! <------- Longest Sentence Ever. Where's my award. :-p

Always,
~Valeska

(yeah i know it was long, so don't waste any more page stating the obvious. That is why I titled it my annual epic rant. Deal wit it.)
good to see you posting again valeska but thats way to long to read
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i learned from past stuntwars. i go on wed, thurs, fri and then say **** the comp. i only went on sat this year because Ian wanted to go. i was in daytona on sunday trying to catch some jet ski back flipping. I filled out the proper email for the media pass only to never hear anything. this is just another thing that goes to show it who you know and blow
Old 01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

LOL. I know dear. Just read the very last bit then. I could likely have simply left it at that. But you know me, excessively verbose. =p Glad to be back!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:50 PM
KILLIN BIKES

Originally Posted by old man roger
good to see you posting again valeska but thats way to long to read
+1
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 PM

YOGURT is an unknown quantity at this point

Always,
~Valeska

I agree! I requested a media pass for the event and todd sent me a email asking who I worked for......told him I was not currently working for a publication and was trying to get my foot in the door for submitting photos. Well he never replyed and I was just like all the other fans trying to take pictures.

Valeska I live near you when you want to do some modeling?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Originally Posted by YOGURT

I agree! I requested a media pass for the event and todd sent me a email asking who I worked for......told him I was not currently working for a publication and was trying to get my foot in the door for submitting photos. Well he never replyed and I was just like all the other fans trying to take pictures.

Valeska I live near you when you want to do some modeling?
Let me check out your portfolio and such, and we can discuss what you have in mind, just PM me to talk further about it so as not to hijack the thread off topic, lol.. Thanks for the interest!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

only reason i would have considered going to stuntwars, is to hang out with all my friends, other than that.....it's a joke.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:04 PM

CIX J.J. is a decent person

Yogurt, what's up man? I rode with you during spring break a couple years ago. I was the one that brought down that streetfightered 929. Just wanted to say what's up.

Obviously as the thread starter, I agree its pretty bogus. I know that at Starboyz Stuntfest and XDL it's nothing like it is at Stuntwarz.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:10 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

everyone I spoke to over the weekend had negative things to say about the event, everyone!!!
I was going to try to qualify (even though I wouldnt) but I kept getting different prices and just said **** it. I wont go next year.

I had fun hanging out with everyone but there was alot of guys that put down nasty runs but didnt qualify.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

blah blah blah
wow thats long. how long did it take to type up??
Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

We are trying to grow the sport. Making it unaccessable to the fans and teemmates will not help. NHRA has alwasy had the pits open to the public and that is one of the reasons that people go to the drag strips.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

why did the website say 5.00 to practice on friday but when you got there you had to pay 35.00
Old 01-20-2009, 04:35 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Suicidl
why did the website say 5.00 to practice on friday but when you got there you had to pay 35.00
Thank you *****!!
I was told $5 but then when I went to practice they said $35.
That is straight up
Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

# Orlando, FL. January 14-18th Series Finals 2009 (StuntWars™)

Orlando Speed World
19164 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32833
the 520 Cocoa cut-off
Track Phone:

StuntWars Info 877-788-6883 or 407-267-8888

# StuntWars Admission

Wednesday Jan. 14th Practice 9 - 5pm $5

Thursday Jan. 15th Practice 9 – 5pm $5

Friday Jan. 16th Practice 9 – 5pm $5

SaturdayJan. 17th Qualifying 9 – 5pm $10

Sunday Jan. 18th Main Event from 9 – 5pm $20
Entertainment = FMX Freestyle, Gravity Globe, Car Drifting, Dyno Runs and much more

Quick Reply: stuntwarz DISGRACE