how dangerous is stunting

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:58 PM

nick_villan is a decent person
how dangerous is stunting

hey i was wondering how bad is stunting on a 600 bike, just saw some dvds and it seams like the guys are constantly getting hurt, which isnt a big deal for me .
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: how dangerous is stunting

If you gotta ask, then stunting probably isn't for you.

At any moment you could break a finger, a arm, a femur, your neck or even your back.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

Originally Posted by nick_villan
hey i was wondering how bad is stunting on a 600 bike, just saw some dvds and it seams like the guys are constantly getting hurt, which isnt a big deal for me .
If it isnt a big deal tough guy, then why are you asking?

And yeah, you and your bike will both get hurt. A lot.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

http://www.break.com/index/bad-motor...lie-crash.html
Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Slow stuff is about as dangerous as mowing the lawn. Fast stuff is where you can get really fucked up.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

well i almost lost my foot stuntriding, so i would say its fairly dangerous
Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
Slow stuff is about as dangerous as mowing the lawn. Fast stuff is where you can get really fucked up.

+1
Old 01-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Ride or Die

xxdarkfury01xx is a decent person

Originally Posted by nick_villan
i seriously cant belive somone would ask this .
Old 01-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketcrotch
If it isnt a big deal tough guy, then why are you asking?

And yeah, you and your bike will both get hurt. A lot.

trust me im not trying to be though, english isnt my first language, so my bad if it didnt come out right. i just got a plate put in my arm 2 months ago, was wondering if i should wait a little bit longer to get back on the bike and start traying to stunt or go ahead and do it now
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM

h_lowder636 is a decent person

go ahead now...break a leg kiddo!!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

not always true....my boy that i used to stunt with constantly nearly lost 2 fingers in the chain on a slow one gone bad. He's got permanent hand dmg now. you have to have your head in the game no matter how slow or easy the trick may be. Like any "extreme" sport stuntriding has a way of reminding you that it deserves constant attention and respect.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
not always true....my boy that i used to stunt with constantly nearly lost 2 fingers in the chain on a slow one gone bad. He's got permanent hand dmg now. you have to have your head in the game no matter how slow or easy the trick may be. Like any "extreme" sport stuntriding has a way of reminding you that it deserves constant attention and respect.
You can lose 2 fingers mowing the lawn too if you trip and fall into the blade.

News Bureau

University of Missouri

About the News Bureau Contact Us

Home / News Releases / 2007
Lawn Mower Accidents Rise This Time of Year

Safety expert says 10,000 children are injured each year in lawn mower accidents

March 8, 2007
Story Contact: Jennifer Faddis, 573-882-6217, FaddisJ@missouri.edu
COLUMBIA, Mo. — It can travel at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour, and with little warning it can severely injure someone. That is how University of Missouri Extension safety expert Bill Casady describes a rock thrown from a lawn mower. Each year, more than more than 75,000 Americans are injured in lawn mowing accidents.
“A projectile traveling at 150 to 250 miles per hour has great potential to tear the skin, and usually those injuries heal. However, an object could just as easily hit you in the face or directly in the eye, and that will put an eye out immediately,” Casady said.
Each year, more than 75 people die in lawn mower accidents. Many lawn mowing accidents involve children, Casady said. He advises parents to not allow children under the age of 12 to use a push mower and to keep children under the age of 16 off riding lawn mowers.
“Many children are disfigured in lawn mowing accidents. They lose toes or fingers, even a whole hand or limb, and it changes the family forever and may change the quality of life,” Casady said.
People should always wear eye and ear protection, especially when using a string trimmer. Many string trimmers, leaf blowers and chain saws are very loud. These lawn items can exceed more than 100 decibels. Loud noises heard even for a short period of time cause permanent hearing damage. Casady said string trimmers also can pick up and hurl objects at three times the speed of a lawn mower.
“A string will still be able to pick up tiny gravel-size items and easily fling them at 200 miles per hour. Those projectiles could put an eye out as well, so wearing eye protection while using string trimmers is extremely important,” he said.
Casady also urges adults to check lawn equipment to make sure safety guards are in place. The protective shield on the rear of a push mower has saved many feet during accidents. Many older-model lawn mowers do not have this safety feature.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
nicccce

bullshit... Ive looped out at 40 & 70 mph flipped 45 mph stoppies... 2 of my worst injuries were flipping a stoppie at like .3(yea point 3) and crushing my knee when my shoelace got stuck on a peg during a sitdown o highside
Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 PM

thats what i was curious about, the anoncer at stunt wars said that some dudes had lost fingers stuntin
Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

From all the **** ive seen/read stuntwars appears to be aimed more twords the mtv crowd... not the "community"
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Stunting is only dangerous if you wreck...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Ride or Die

Originally Posted by YogiR6
Stunting is only dangerous if you wreck...
that is
Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by xxdarkfury01xx
that is

Joke...
Old 01-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Ride or Die