crazy larry's

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough
Re: crazy larry's

Originally Posted by Alpha Chino
no, what the **** would you use the front brake for? you slide the *** end around and roll on the throttle.

calm down buddy im just asking i was thinking like when doing rolling burnout o's.

now should the clutch engagment be a crisp snap or ride it out?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:55 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I met the "Crazy Larry" a couple years ago at the Indy Dealer Show. There was a video of him like a billion years ago, he was doing sick donuts on a old ninja or something. Thats how the name came to be.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i was watchign SIU 1 for tips the other day
Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 AM

ricroc is a decent person

go practice on a slick surface. not too much gas or you will wash out or not enough gas and it wont spin around just in the middle but it takes practice.. i like to lean mine way down like almost hittin the cage on the gound so it prevents highside
Old 01-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Almost Don't Count

bulgarianMike is a decent person

those are sick , i've tried doing them but always either high side or tire just grips and takes off........ do you push your body to the front or just chillax on the seat ?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 AM

D Rail is a decent person

Originally Posted by ricroc
go practice on a slick surface. not too much gas or you will wash out or not enough gas and it wont spin around just in the middle but it takes practice.. i like to lean mine way down like almost hittin the cage on the gound so it prevents highside

i tried one day when i got caught in the rain for kicks **** kicked right out bike when sliding down the road
Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
here was my attempt a few weeks back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyGKcqrE4K8

its harder than i thought it would be.. now i'm giving them more gas trying to get them to come around faster.. going to the right feels un natural 2 me.

why are donuts called crazy larrys though
crazy larry's = no front brake just all throttle and bar control, similar to drifting

p.s. doing them to the right is a bad idea unless you have a handbrake and really good clutch/brake control.

Originally Posted by wheelburns
calm down buddy im just asking i was thinking like when doing rolling burnout o's.

now should the clutch engagment be a crisp snap or ride it out?
my bad, i didnt mean to come off like an *******, wait nevermind, yes i did.

towards the end of your slide, dump the clutch and roll on the gas, kinda like clutching it up. you pretty much have to go big or go home, lots of gas, but you can kinda cheat and use the front brake while you are learning.

Originally Posted by bboy953
those are sick , i've tried doing them but always either high side or tire just grips and takes off........ do you push your body to the front or just chillax on the seat ?
most of your weight should be on the seat (aka chillaxing ), you foot should only have enough pressure on it to keep you from falling over.