Stunt parts inventions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Stunt parts inventions?

What parts could you think of to make your bike perform (stunt) better or help you perform better on your bike?

You know what's out there already:
Handbrakes
Ez-pulls
Cages
Stays
12 & round bars
sub cages
tail savers
radiator braces
Foot in the seat thingy
stomp grip
Dampers
The list goes on a little farther

There are lots of companies that exist because of what we do and what we need. I think there is room for more and it would help out the "sport" that much more.

I'm just tryin to get a think pool goin for legit ideas of "BOLT ON" parts that need to be invented.

My ideas have been things like:
Poor mans subcages (bolts on to factory peg brackets)
ABS rear seat replacement with hole molded and also acts as a tail saver
Level for bike that shows balance point for endos (too many variables I know )
Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person
Re: Stunt parts inventions?

auto pilot
Old 01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Thread Killer!!!

auto pilot
Old 01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

A small and cheap digital instrument cluster that just shows RPM and Temp.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM

cashmoneyflo is a decent person

pretty much you want people to think up parts so you can make money off of it
Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

Originally Posted by cashmoneyflo
+1
Old 01-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by cashmoneyflo

Not really but thanks for your observation

Actually I don't have the **** to really make anything either I just think that most of the people out there won;t ever do anything with their ideas so why not throw them up I would.....
Old 01-15-2009, 02:00 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by THORPE
What parts could you think of to make your bike perform (stunt) better or help you perform better on your bike?

I'm just tryin to get a think pool goin for legit ideas of "BOLT ON" parts that need to be invented.

My ideas have been things like:
Poor mans subcages (bolts on to factory peg brackets)
ABS rear seat replacement with hole molded and also acts as a tail saver
Level for bike that shows balance point for endos (too many variables I know )
I have a 1" rear suspension lift that minimizes traction loss at the beginning of stoppies. Makes a huge difference when its cold out. Im surprised everyone isnt doing that.

I would like to see a tire with a soft sticky rubber compound like race tires, but a flat profile like touring tires.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by MikeM
I have a 1" rear suspension lift that minimizes traction loss at the beginning of stoppies. Makes a huge difference when its cold out. Im surprised everyone isnt doing that.

I would like to see a tire with a soft sticky rubber compound like race tires, but a flat profile like touring tires.
I raised the back of my F4i like that too. It also makes your balance point feel a little wider than when at stock height. But I also raised my front a little to keep the headshake away.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Another thing every stunter should have is an extra lip welded to the back of their tank dents. I mention that one a few times a year but ive still only seen a couple other guys have stepped up to that. I dont know how a company could sell that though, maybe I should figure it out.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

circle training wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Thread Killer!!!

I dont know how a company could sell that though, maybe I should figure it out.
Make it bolt to the gas cap with thin plate and follow the bottom of the dent to the back lip ???? It would have to be a standard of denting tho...

Kyle Woods had something like what I'm talking about on his first Triumph in a pic in SSB, only his tank was not dented so it was a piece of plate aluminum curved up at the back. Not bad looking but I would think that it would suck to catch your nutts on it the way Kyle had it so puting it in a dent would be ideal IMO.

Put that idea with yours....
Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

me too, it also makes the bike handle way better and keeps my fi cage from scraping

Another thing every stunter should have is an extra lip welded to the back of their tank dents.
Ive been wanting to do that but dont have access to a welder. think if I set metal there then bondo'ed around it it would hold?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:25 PM
bp chaser

Know what I want?

An contained explosive device that mounts to the scrape bar, and points straight up while on 2 wheels.

When youre about to loop a stoppie, you fire it off. The explosion produces thrust which is now being channeled directly forward. If this ridiculous plan works, it saves your *** from the worst our sport has to offer.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
me too, it also makes the bike handle way better and keeps my fi cage from scraping

Ive been wanting to do that but dont have access to a welder. think if I set metal there then bondo'ed around it it would hold?
Mine is on there with about 10 coats of JB weld. I was nervous about that for the first couple weeks, but ive been using it for over 2 years now and it shows no signs of stress.

Also, it doesnt need to hold your whole ***, just the tailbone. Mines only 6" wide
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
stuntastic

blue squid will become famous soon enough

seat belt?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Know what I want?

An contained explosive device that mounts to the scrape bar, and points straight up while on 2 wheels.

When youre about to loop a stoppie, you fire it off. The explosion produces thrust which is now being channeled directly forward. If this ridiculous plan works, it saves your *** from the worst our sport has to offer.

I would like to see a set of rubber plastics that bounce when u hit the ground.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:43 PM

Stuntin73 is a decent person

If you could invent Natural Born Skill that would be tight so then my bike and I wouldnt have to take nearly as much damage learning new tricks. and so i can get mad bitches.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Stuntin73 is a decent person

rephrase my last post. so i can get mad HOTT bitches!!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by Stuntin73
rephrase my last post. so i can get mad HOTT bitches!!

Mad bitches aint always hot

Last edited by THORPE; 01-15-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Stunt parts inventions?