Stunt parts inventions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:59 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Stunt parts inventions?

Originally Posted by lee majors
i bought a hohey damper mount, only i have 600rr forks and triple bolts come out at a 45 angle, i just fab'd a bracket so that it mounts up correctly + its parallel to the triple turned full left or full right. i don't really think that qualifies as an invention, but just figured i'd share
What fluid do you run in there?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:42 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THORPE
What parts could you think of to make your bike perform (stunt) better or help you perform better on your bike?

You know what's out there already:
Handbrakes
Ez-pulls
Cages
Stays
12 & round bars
sub cages
tail savers
radiator braces
Foot in the seat thingy
stomp grip
Dampers
The list goes on a little farther

There are lots of companies that exist because of what we do and what we need. I think there is room for more and it would help out the "sport" that much more.

I'm just tryin to get a think pool goin for legit ideas of "BOLT ON" parts that need to be invented.

My ideas have been things like:
Poor mans subcages (bolts on to factory peg brackets)
ABS rear seat replacement with hole molded and also acts as a tail saver
Level for bike that shows balance point for endos (too many variables I know )
unless you plan on making that stuff, it'll probably never come into existence, getting companies to make this stuff is the hard part. if they don't feel they will sell very many they wont touch it.. I spent over a year trying to find companies that would make motard stunt parts for me.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
unless you plan on making that stuff, it'll probably never come into existence, getting companies to make this stuff is the hard part. if they don't feel they will sell very many they wont touch it.. I spent over a year trying to find companies that would make motard stunt parts for me.
I agree it would be hard to get big companies to got through with it but look at all the companies that started up just because of what we all do....

Hohey
FI
Sick Inov
Fullthrottle
etc...

It's possible to start your own if you've got the drive and the skill but some of the ideas on here can easily be picked up by some of these guys that are regulars on here. Atown1101 for instance is wide open on the come up and will pretty much build anything you need! From my experience with the stay he made for me he does a damn good job at it.

I know in my heart there has to be some untouched territory as far as parts that will help step up stuntriding to a whole new level just like what first using hand brakes did way back.

Stuntriding is just too new not to have doors waiting to be opend
Old 01-18-2009, 02:22 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
are you going to be selling these?? cause i would like to make this setup and sell it, it will be much cheaper and affordable then what is out there now
i'd be interested in ones for my R6 and 900rr.

if you do decide to go ahead with it, pm me the price and turn around time. . i'll sign something or confirm an with an email or something releasing your liability if you don't have insurance yet (i'll be the ginny pig and test it out) ......... i would like to use my extra front 900rr calipers for both set ups if possible.

let me know, because i'm sure yours would be a hell of a lot better than the one i try to make.

Last edited by INSANECRAZZY; 01-18-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
i want a better brake resevior like the F4i master-in one piece-, but better clearance. i can't stand getting air in my line with these stupid cups.

i want "the perfect tank denter"...or predented perfect tanks.

i want an "you overheated the brake" alarm

i want something to put on to protect my levers from breakage, besides skill
just zip tie your masters to your tripples.....i never have any problems getting air in my lines.....just gotta learn how to bleed and fill your masters correctly.

tank dents take experience. end of story. its an art just like painting or fabricating. everyone has different likes in their dents.

if your brake fades.....its overheated.

cut your levers down. don't tighten your clip on's rock solid. just hard enough that you can't move them with your own hands. that way they will turn back in a wreck in theory protecting your bar tubes and levers. and sometimes **** just breaks.....its stunting.....its gonna happen.

Originally Posted by wyostunta
why doesnt anybody maake a front brace that attaches to ur front stay frame holes which would look like a T so when ur rocking it strretfightered u have a place to put ur feet when rocking highchair or flip a stoppie itll protect ur handlebars and forks ??????????? someone please make me one
people have and it looks gay apgar used to have one i believe

or how about a 12 bar with a solid round piece instead of a flat bar with fuking dangerous edges to catch and itll aaaalways make solid contact unlike all the flat bars that scrape either on the bottom or top edge only dammmmmit come on guys this is common sense just think about it. i sure wish i knew how to fabricate SICK INNOVATIONS THESE R GREAT IDEAS FOR U GUYS SO HELP US OUT AND BUILD THESE THINGS
just buy a round bar

i would like to see professionally fiberglass reinforced tail sections and race tails with a cut out and solid step built in. it can be done on your own pretty easy but if you could buy them like that for not much more than a normal tail i'm sure they would sell.

also tail light and license plate mounts attached to the 12 bar. mine are zip tied to my subframe tray which works but isn't clean. or maybe "SICK" tail lights?

extended clutch arms ready for sale ($25 maybe) i would buy one seeing as how i don't have access to a welder.

steel e-z pulls. (HEY IAN!!!) same design as msr or moose but made with higher quality parts. definately worth some extra cash.

jet-ski style kill switch. bolt on. or proximity but thats probably too expensive.

ignition, fan, lights switch kit....mounts to subframe.

there are so many things we fab up or have to buy the pieces individually that if a reputable stunt company (sick inn. for ex) bought a **** ton up and sold them it would be good for business. i would pay extra money to buy from Ian than someone off ebay or stuntlife knowing there is no risk of getting ripped off and it will be here quick. just things like 1krr front end conversion kit for f4i (includes the tripples you need, calipers etc.), extended clutch arms, reinforced tail sections and the list goes on.

food for thought Ian......let me know if you try anything i'll test it out!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
i would like to see professionally fiberglass reinforced tail sections and race tails with a cut out and solid step built in. it can be done on your own pretty easy but if you could buy them like that for not much more than a normal tail i'm sure they would sell.
That was kinda what i had in mind except only the rear seat replacement with the front flared out to double as a tail saver
Old 01-18-2009, 10:00 AM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree it would be hard to get big companies to got through with it but look at all the companies that started up just because of what we all do....

Hohey
FI
Sick Inov
Fullthrottle
etc...

It's possible to start your own if you've got the drive and the skill but some of the ideas on here can easily be picked up by some of these guys that are regulars on here. Atown1101 for instance is wide open on the come up and will pretty much build anything you need! From my experience with the stay he made for me he does a damn good job at it.

I know in my heart there has to be some untouched territory as far as parts that will help step up stuntriding to a whole new level just like what first using hand brakes did way back.

Stuntriding is just too new not to have doors waiting to be opend
I think all of those companies were started by guys who stunt, or at least most of them, and started by making parts for themselves and friends first.
I'm with you on getting more parts out there, I can think of a handful myself that would be nice to have. The Atown guy is definitely a cool guy, he's one of the only guys willing to make custom stuff, you're not going to find a lot of these other companies that that have been around a while doing that for you.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Bump for MLK holiday
Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
I think all of those companies were started by guys who stunt, or at least most of them, and started by making parts for themselves and friends first.
I'm with you on getting more parts out there, I can think of a handful myself that would be nice to have. The Atown guy is definitely a cool guy, he's one of the only guys willing to make custom stuff, you're not going to find a lot of these other companies that that have been around a while doing that for you.
hay thanks man how is that foot bar workin out for you?? i got a 4 stroke Yamaha in my garage that needs a sub frame i think im gona make him a foot bar like yours as well
Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Bump for MLK holiday
So that is why the Fin banks are closed
Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Thread Killer!!!

hay thanks man how is that foot bar workin out for you?? i got a 4 stroke Yamaha in my garage that needs a sub frame i think im gona make him a foot bar like yours as well
Na man tell the guy with the Yamaha his bike is just toast and bring it with you & make me a deal when you come through

I NEED A BIKE BADDDDD
Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Ok so out of this thread so far:

1.Need for better stronger ez-pulls

2. Circle training wheels

3. Seat cowls with hole for foot or whole reinforced tail

4. Lip for tank dents

5. Some way to change gearing for street quick

Everything else seems to have been answered by someone....

Gotta be more ideas

Last edited by THORPE; 01-19-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

What parts could you think of to make your bike perform (stunt) better or help you perform better on your bike?

You know what's out there already:
Handbrakes
Ez-pulls
Cages
Stays
12 & round bars
sub cages
tail savers
radiator braces
Foot in the seat thingy
stomp grip
Dampers
The list goes on a little farther

There are lots of companies that exist because of what we do and what we need. I think there is room for more and it would help out the "sport" that much more.

I'm just tryin to get a think pool goin for legit ideas of "BOLT ON" parts that need to be invented.

My ideas have been things like:
Poor mans subcages (bolts on to factory peg brackets)
ABS rear seat replacement with hole molded and also acts as a tail saver
Level for bike that shows balance point for endos (too many variables I know )

your abs idea has one flaw it would require a plastic injection mold that was atlease 18 inches by 12. by 16. just the steel alone would be 4k that doesnt count machine time, engineering and anything else that would need to be done. to make what you want there would have to be around $65,000 invested before you had a mold to pump them out . . . . and then you would need different cavities to mold parts for different bikes anything that would require molding of any type of plastic would not be cost effective in this market at all . . . . . . .
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Na man tell the guy with the Yamaha his bike is just toast and bring it with you & make me a deal when you come through

I NEED A BIKE BADDDDD
ha ha ha this is the kid that crashed my 954 so i should. plus hes just a lil guy so he wont be able to do much about it
Old 01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by wheelburns
your abs idea has one flaw it would require a plastic injection mold that was atlease 18 inches by 12. by 16. just the steel alone would be 4k that doesnt count machine time, engineering and anything else that would need to be done. to make what you want there would have to be around $65,000 invested before you had a mold to pump them out . . . . and then you would need different cavities to mold parts for different bikes anything that would require molding of any type of plastic would not be cost effective in this market at all . . . . . . .
holy crrraaaapppp batman ya id say so. to bad though cause the stock tails suck the big one
Old 01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

holy crrraaaapppp batman ya id say so. to bad though cause the stock tails suck the big one
i mean if you could find somone in the chinese market that would be willing to make the mold cheaper then im sure you could pull something off but in the american market my price guesses are pretty close, i was a tool maker until i got laid off friday lol

the overseas markets are killing the molding industry in this country
Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MikeM
Know what I want?

An contained explosive device that mounts to the scrape bar, and points straight up while on 2 wheels.

When youre about to loop a stoppie, you fire it off. The explosion produces thrust which is now being channeled directly forward. If this ridiculous plan works, it saves your *** from the worst our sport has to offer.

Originally Posted by Armenian
how bout some sort of overdrive system so u can be geared up in First Gear for the lots then geeared back down for highway cruising speeds. Like maybe a 7th gear or whatever you guys know what I mean.

i just cant stand screaming down the highway at 35,000 rpms in 6th gear going 50 mph LOL.
Originally Posted by MikeM
You mean like a box that would be situated between the transmission output shaft and the rear wheel sprocket?

Myself as well as a couple other people on here have looked into this one. In every transmission I looked at, theres no room to make first gear have a higher ratio. On the other hand, there is a little room to lower the ratio of 6th gear. I dont think anyone on SL has the tooling to design and cut gears like that though.
Originally Posted by wheelburns
i mean if you could find somone in the chinese market that would be willing to make the mold cheaper then im sure you could pull something off but in the american market my price guesses are pretty close, i was a tool maker until i got laid off friday lol

the overseas markets are killing the molding industry in this country

Originally Posted by tyshearman
I havent noticed anyone running Delrin Bar Ends, its simple and if it works on cages why not clipons?
are you cereal?

or how about a 12 bar with a solid round piece instead of a flat bar with fuking dangerous edges to catch and itll aaaalways make solid contact unlike all the flat bars that scrape either on the bottom or top edge only dammmmmit come on guys this is common sense just think about it. i sure wish i knew how to fabricate SICK INNOVATIONS THESE R GREAT IDEAS FOR U GUYS SO HELP US OUT AND BUILD THESE THINGS
******* squids.

Originally Posted by SBS Pez
A good weld would not break under the force of a rear break as the tire would loss traction first.
+1 a good tack weld will should hold 10,000 lbs.

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
if your brake fades.....its overheated.

if you boil your fluid, its time to change it. once brake fluid boils, it is no good anymore.

ignition, fan, lights switch kit....mounts to subframe.

you can buy these at kragen, any 12v switch will work, but why do that when you can use your stock controls.

also tail light and license plate mounts attached to the 12 bar. mine are zip tied to my subframe tray which works but isn't clean. or maybe "SICK" tail lights?

extended clutch arms ready for sale ($25 maybe) i would buy one seeing as how i don't have access to a welder.
im working on both of these, should have some clutch arms completed shortly.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
unemployment anonymous

Originally Posted by Alpha Chino

are you cereal?

******* squids.

+1 a good tack weld will should hold 10,000 lbs.

im working on both of these, should have some clutch arms completed shortly.
yes im cereal i got laid off there for im unemployed so if you ask what i do im unemployed but i was a tool maker.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

clutch arms should sell great
Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Im taking notes. Lets get a list of parts that would really help out and we'll see what SI can come up with.

Quick Reply: Stunt parts inventions?