Stunt parts inventions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Stunt parts inventions?

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
are you going to be selling these?? cause i would like to make this setup and sell it, it will be much cheaper and affordable then what is out there now
I was gonna, but im lazy so i never did. You can make them, just send me one if you get a nice product going.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

are you going to be selling these?? cause i would like to make this setup and sell it, it will be much cheaper and affordable then what is out there now

Looking at it man it looks like you have a good bit of potential Liability. What I mean is you know Brake parts constantly get Hot -cool - hot.
If your weld or metal around the weld breaks then someone might get fucked up. If there was any way to make the plate for the calipers out of one solid plate and then maybe just weld on spacers and what not that should cut the risk down.

If I remember right, wasn't it a brake bracket that A.C. had made himself that failed on him causing him to have his crash? I know he use to have one made so he could put the front rotor from another bike on his rear and run a 4 piston but that was in a thread from years ago....

Like I said, just my
Old 01-17-2009, 11:10 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MikeM
I was gonna, but im lazy so i never did. You can make them, just send me one if you get a nice product going.
what you dont have one of your own????
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by THORPE
Looking at it man it looks like you have a good bit of potential Liability. What I mean is you know Brake parts constantly get Hot -cool - hot.
If your weld or metal around the weld breaks then someone might get fucked up. If there was any way to make the plate for the calipers out of one solid plate and then maybe just weld on spacers and what not that should cut the risk down.

If I remember right, wasn't it a brake bracket that A.C. had made himself that failed on him causing him to have his crash? I know he use to have one made so he could put the front rotor from another bike on his rear and run a 4 piston but that was in a thread from years ago....

Like I said, just my
that was out of aluminum i believe if i were to make them it would be out of solid steel with spacers. i dont like aluminum for any thing that takes any kind of abuse. the only up side to aluminum is its light. well if your stunting and afraid of weight and a solid product then.pay the extra millinon dollars and dont bitch about the cost for aluminum and be prepaired for the thing to breakim sick of people crying about weight but dont want to pay the extra for aluminum and when they finaly cough up the dough the thing breaks or bends. i just sit back and laugh when i read the ****.if i were to start making the things i would wait till i had insurance for my biz before i start selling them. but thanks for looking out for me homie
Old 01-17-2009, 11:54 AM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

A good weld would not break under the force of a rear break as the tire would loss traction first.

As for it being heavy it would not matter on the rear axle as the rear wheel rarley leaves the ground (except stoppies which are induced by the rider)
Its very simular to plates you have for supermoto front upgrades (bigger discs)

ps. steel normally starts to crack unlike alloy that just goes
Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

what you dont have one of your own????
mines a prototype. it slightly rubs on the inside of the rim because the caliper should be moved out 1/8 of an inch.

Originally Posted by THORPE

Like I said, just my
its welded along 3 lines, not just the one you see there. There are 2 more 1-1/2" long welds on the back. Its not gonna break. Id be more worried about the oem bracket cracking from all the extra force.

I believe AC's was one of those 2003 style home made dual caliper brackets made from cutting and welding 2 oem brackets together. Welding to cast aluminum is never a good idea.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

I believe AC's was one of those 2003 style home made dual caliper brackets made from cutting and welding 2 oem brackets together. Welding to cast aluminum is never a good idea.
It can be done though. Just requires skill.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

mines a prototype. it slightly rubs on the inside of the rim because the caliper should be moved out 1/8 of an inch.

its welded along 3 lines, not just the one you see there. There are 2 more 1-1/2" long welds on the back. Its not gonna break. Id be more worried about the oem bracket cracking from all the extra force.

thats what i figured the only reason i would make it out of a solid piece is just for the piece of mind ya no
Old 01-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wyostunta
or how about a 12 bar with a solid round piece instead of a flat bar with fuking dangerous edges to catch and itll aaaalways make solid contact unlike all the flat bars that scrape either on the bottom or top edge only dammmmmit come on guys this is common sense just think about it. i sure wish i knew how to fabricate SICK INNOVATIONS THESE R GREAT IDEAS FOR U GUYS SO HELP US OUT AND BUILD THESE THINGS

I already gave ATOWN Customs this idea and he made them like that for the r6.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:53 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by Rocketcrotch
It can be done though. Just requires skill.
It requires heat treating the whole piece afterwards if you dont want it to break right next to the weld

Last edited by MikeM; 01-17-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:10 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by Dilts646
I already gave ATOWN Customs this idea and he made them like that for the r6.
yes i did
Old 01-17-2009, 01:11 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

It requires heat treating the whole piece afterwards if you dont want it to break right next to the weld
regardless the idea you have is much better. if you dont need to use aluminum dont
Old 01-17-2009, 01:20 PM
the noob squidator

ryda is a decent person

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/435...ppie-bike.html
Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought a hohey damper mount, only i have 600rr forks and triple bolts come out at a 45 angle, i just fab'd a bracket so that it mounts up correctly + its parallel to the triple turned full left or full right. i don't really think that qualifies as an invention, but just figured i'd share
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1523.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	219364   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1524.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	219365   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1525.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	219366  
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM

Theros is a decent person

Originally Posted by luke600rr
seat belt?
Airbags
Old 01-17-2009, 05:27 PM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Theros
Airbags
dont the new goldwings have that?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

This thread has some good info.....

And Holla Atown if you got any questions about liability that's what i do for a livin.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:10 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wyostunta
or how about a 12 bar with a solid round piece instead of a flat bar with fuking dangerous edges to catch and itll aaaalways make solid contact unlike all the flat bars that scrape either on the bottom or top edge only dammmmmit come on guys this is common sense just think about it. i sure wish i knew how to fabricate SICK INNOVATIONS THESE R GREAT IDEAS FOR U GUYS SO HELP US OUT AND BUILD THESE THINGS
already done... it works perfect
Old 01-17-2009, 08:28 PM

wyostunta is a decent person

does anyone make it for sale or u mean someones done it? got any pics
Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 PM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person

Originally Posted by lee majors
trunk monkey..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

Quick Reply: Stunt parts inventions?