Stunt parts inventions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Re: Stunt parts inventions?

Low gear ratio for 1st my be even 2nd in trans so no need for gearing of the sprockets. 1st/2nd stunt, 3rd n up street.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Ha ha ha im still thinking about making the poor mans subcage and throwing it out there. as for the plate on the tank with a lip on it i might just mock one up and see what i turns out like.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 PM

tyshearman is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent noticed anyone running Delrin Bar Ends, its simple and if it works on cages why not clipons?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
Ha ha ha im still thinking about making the poor mans subcage and throwing it out there. as for the plate on the tank with a lip on it i might just mock one up and see what i turns out like.
Do it up Bro! Just make it in the sahpe of a "T" for me
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by THORPE
Do it up Bro! Just make it in the sahpe of a "T" for me
when you get another bike your taken care of fo sho. ill have some Thorpe cut outs put in fo the gangsta look its nice when the people you hook up can turn around in the future and give it back 10 fold
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tyshearman
I havent noticed anyone running Delrin Bar Ends, its simple and if it works on cages why not clipons?
ive seen delrin bar ends before. but for stunting it prolly isnt too effective cuz the clip ons usually just slam down and bend or bend in and the grip gets fucked. does that make sense?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Armenian
how bout some sort of overdrive system so u can be geared up in First Gear for the lots then geeared back down for highway cruising speeds. Like maybe a 7th gear or whatever you guys know what I mean.

i just cant stand screaming down the highway at 35,000 rpms in 6th gear going 50 mph LOL.
You mean like a box that would be situated between the transmission output shaft and the rear wheel sprocket?
Originally Posted by cjoec01
Low gear ratio for 1st my be even 2nd in trans so no need for gearing of the sprockets. 1st/2nd stunt, 3rd n up street.
Myself as well as a couple other people on here have looked into this one. In every transmission I looked at, theres no room to make first gear have a higher ratio. On the other hand, there is a little room to lower the ratio of 6th gear. I dont think anyone on SL has the tooling to design and cut gears like that though.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Armenian
i disagree. If you can't figure out how to dent your tank in properly, you probably should'nt be attempting tank tricks.
thats most people from what ive seen do a number on their first dent job. i mean youre bashing up a minty tank trying to get it right when theres so much involved to avoid creases and holes. you dent your tank when youre ready to do tank wheelies but just coz youre ready to do tank wheelies doesnt mean youll get the dent right. My anyway.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
when you get another bike your taken care of fo sho. ill have some Thorpe cut outs put in fo the gangsta look its nice when the people you hook up can turn around in the future and give it back 10 fold
Cool thing!!! THANKS!!!

An idea I've had in my head also is a set of clipons that are infinitly adjustable for degrees horizontally and vertically from 0 to maybe like 12 or more degrees. Basically giving you any riding position you want. I know about Convertibars thats out there but they dont have any vertical degree adjustment unless you buy the different degree bar inserts wich are 100 bux by themselves and then your stuck to that position only. How would you know what felt best without buying all the sets

My idea would be really simple and could be used as a set or just bolt them into your aftermarket clipons clamps you already have.

I'm thinkin more like 130 a set or 75 for the "use your clamp" option.....
Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

i'm waiting on hohey to make the 4 Piston Caliper Adapters for more bikes.

i just got one for my 636, and i would like to eventually get on for my R6 and 900rr.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:32 AM

-Loco- is a decent person

What parts could you think of to make your bike perform (stunt) better or help you perform better on your bike?

You know what's out there already:
Handbrakes
Ez-pulls
Cages
Stays
12 & round bars
sub cages
tail savers
radiator braces
Foot in the seat thingy
stomp grip
Dampers
The list goes on a little farther

There are lots of companies that exist because of what we do and what we need. I think there is room for more and it would help out the "sport" that much more.

I'm just tryin to get a think pool goin for legit ideas of "BOLT ON" parts that need to be invented.

My ideas have been things like:
Poor mans subcages (bolts on to factory peg brackets)
ABS rear seat replacement with hole molded and also acts as a tail saver
Level for bike that shows balance point for endos (too many variables I know )

who makes those radiator braces you speak off???
Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 AM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool thing!!! THANKS!!!

An idea I've had in my head also is a set of clipons that are infinitly adjustable for degrees horizontally and vertically from 0 to maybe like 12 or more degrees. Basically giving you any riding position you want. I know about Convertibars thats out there but they dont have any vertical degree adjustment unless you buy the different degree bar inserts wich are 100 bux by themselves and then your stuck to that position only. How would you know what felt best without buying all the sets

My idea would be really simple and could be used as a set or just bolt them into your aftermarket clipons clamps you already have.

I'm thinkin more like 130 a set or 75 for the "use your clamp" option.....

cyclecat clipons, I have them on my 954rr
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by -Loco-
who makes those radiator braces you speak off???
i think he meant radiator cages! and i make them for the F4i and soon 05 06 636.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by INSANECRAZZY
i'm waiting on hohey to make the 4 Piston Caliper Adapters for more bikes.

i just got one for my 636, and i would like to eventually get on for my R6 and 900rr.
i dont know what an r6 caliper setup looks like, but you can make one for the 900 for about $10 not including the caliper
Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM

f4stunter1987 is a decent person

hell ya **** i do agree on this one bra lol i wish that was true cause me and the f4i is takin alota damage with me just learnin new ****
Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by Miltown
cyclecat clipons, I have them on my 954rr
These??

They are not in business any more but that's still not quite like I'm talking about. THose have a fixed degree just like the convertibars.

My idea would be cheaper and less complicated but very adjustable.

You could change bar width, angle, degree & a little height making it great for guys who wish they could turn their Clipons out straigher for leverage without hitting the fairings or stay.

You could just sit on the bike and put the clipons in ANY position or degree then lock them down.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

Subcribed
Old 01-16-2009, 01:07 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

If you are going to run clip on's that high, DB bars are cheaper...
Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM

H.A.I.Famous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnPoint
A small and cheap digital instrument cluster that just shows RPM and Temp.
We just started getting these, and they are pretty sick. Small but have every function you could want.

http://www.haibikeshop.com/index.php...oducts_id=2073
Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by Rocketcrotch
If you are going to run clip on's that high, DB bars are cheaper...
+1

My idea would put only the grip height at stock height + or - 2" (your choose)and you still have the option to mount under the tripple or or top.

From my expeirence, you can get nearly the exact feeling of DBars if your clipons are closer to you because it lets you sit in a more upright position. When i say closer I mean in relation to your fork distance to the seat not height above the tripple.

These could just let you choose what you like, to reach down for roadrace type or sit more upright like streetfighter style and at the same time increase you leverage if you want.

I'm gonna make some either way and try them out. If it works like i think it will I'll give them to a few people on here to test out for me.

Quick Reply: Stunt parts inventions?