stunting aint working for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:00 PM

dat925stunna is a decent person
Re: stunting aint working for me

Originally Posted by sjanmaruk
know what you mean man,

i learned it on a honda nx 250 after 4 months started on the f2..... still chopping my gas in front of BP,
resently got a HB and started learning seat standers.

In the end of the clip i forgotten my handbreak...freaked out and jumped off.
This year i reached the **** it limmit and just go behind that **** and get used to it...

http://www.vimeo.com/2645294

sometimes i think i will never ever learn but nothing will keep me from doing what i want.

lol hahaha i just seen the video and ouch that bike took a good beating
Old 01-19-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by gsxr"d
He can watch that cage go straight through the frame. Just leave your bike for the streets. It is the worse lot bike you could ever have. They are made of balsa wood and just too much trouble.
ok 1st the subframe is weak so weak they dont make a 12 bar for it and now the frame wow wtf? is this true im upset then how does bullo still have his 07 in tact i know his takes a good beating
Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

this scenario has played out sooooo many ******* times on here .It is kooky.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 PM

johnnyrocket is a decent person

my 08 cbr rocks, stock sprocket you can hold that baby at 48mph forever lol... learn your bp on the highway 2nd gear wheelies learn the clutch and how it feels to clutch it up goin like 50mph. once you learn that then learn brake controll and try clutching it up at slower speeds and using the brake. im no pro but i feel the 07 08 cbr is better than what people say about it. just my 2 cents
Old 01-20-2009, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
my 08 cbr rocks, stock sprocket you can hold that baby at 48mph forever lol... learn your bp on the highway 2nd gear wheelies learn the clutch and how it feels to clutch it up goin like 50mph. once you learn that then learn brake controll and try clutching it up at slower speeds and using the brake. im no pro but i feel the 07 08 cbr is better than what people say about it. just my 2 cents

Bro u trying to kill me lol that's y I'm learning slow I rather fall goin 10mph then have the doctor scrape 80mph road rash off me
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

Mine is an '03, and I hear better things about the newer CBR's.

As for wheelies, I learned the slow stuff first. Just got to man up and clutch it up to or near the balance point, and learn to catch it with the rear brake. The faster you get it up to BP, the slower you are going. Everyone goes through the same stuff, no matter how much **** they talk. Practice, and then practice more bro. PM me if you have questions.

Buz
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
circles are boring....

MacDaddyBlake is a decent person

Ok ........Im not a big force on SL.com , infact alot of old school guys on here prolly hate me for when i was in your EXACT same shoes bro....

LISTEN UP!!!

1. Trade ur CBR for that F4i....

Ok, im going to give u some feedback, its up to u if u listen or dont...

About a year ago i joined this forum, i have 5-6 years FMX experience on dirtbikes, i got out of FMX right before backflips became regular tricks, i can handle myself excellent on a Dirtbike, then i bought a streetbike expecting the same. Yeah sure, i can turnbang my R6 all day long with some of the best here in hawaii, but i got bored with that and decided stunting was bad *** and i wanted to do that....

Now heres where the EPIC FAIL starts, I have an 07 R6r , much like ur 08 CBR RR.

The subframe is FAR too weak for stunting on both our bikes. They are both VERY fragile bikes (i have 12'd mine already and THANK GOD it didnt blow the subframe, its an act of god)

The balance point is VERY VERY touchy on my R6, and im sure its the same on ur RR, FURTHERMORE, I have heard the 08 RR is Fly By Wire throttle like my 07 R6, which means tuning the idle out is EXTREMELY hard and takes alot of modding.

All in all, your going to put in A TON of work and waste a TON of money.

Now its up to you to decide, but looking back, i SHOULD have sold my R6 as soon as i took interest in Stunting and gotten a good conditioned F4easy or 636, instead im still working VERY hard to get used to stunting and fighting with my bike every day i try.

Trust me man, these new bikes ARE NOT for beginner/intermediate and prolly even some advanced riders to be stunting on. They are sick touchy, uber weak, and worth too much money to justify putting them through the experience of learning to stunt.......

This is just my 2 cents, like i said man, ive ALREADY walked the road ur about to head down, I posted on here JUST like u are doing, i didnt listen to the flaming of everyone on the board and now a year later I regret it hardcore.....
Old 01-20-2009, 10:01 PM

tracetidwell is a decent person

double posted

Last edited by tracetidwell; 01-20-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 01-20-2009, 10:02 PM

Expect to go down more than a few times trying to learn slow, I would agree that the best starter well for me so far has been around 30+ for wheelies cause you can find bp safely and not as fast. I get to rev limit cause I can't keep bp and I only get it for a moment before I find rear brake and more throttle, I find it less likely to drop with more forward momentum but it happens just wear the right gear and forget about the bike and be safe. Here is a video not me or anybody I know though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WbsO...eature=related
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 PM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
48mph... 48mph... ru serious? if my bike gets to 25-30 mph its time to put it down unless ur in 4 a coaster or something. ur right, ur no pro. Like i said dude wont get slow on that bike without wrecking it unless he has experience on something else. And by slow i mean 17mph and under. I dont see too many bikes idling along at 50mph.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 PM

I'm not sure if it's just because of where I am from or not but most wheelies I see are from r1's zx10's and just liter bikes and they start around 35ish and if I am in Birmingham riding to some of their drag, stunt spots it is very common to see 3 or 4 bikes in front of the group pulling them up at 80ish and just taking off from the group and they will ride them for miles. Also some of the actual stunt riders have red led lights in their helmets I guess its cause they stunt at night and makes them easy to see but I am not sure I know it's not radar or anything connected to the bike never really took the time to ask.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by tracetidwell
I'm not sure if it's just because of where I am from or not but most wheelies I see are from r1's zx10's and just liter bikes and they start around 35ish and if I am in Birmingham riding to some of their drag, stunt spots it is very common to see 3 or 4 bikes in front of the group pulling them up at 80ish and just taking off from the group and they will ride them for miles. Also some of the actual stunt riders have red led lights in their helmets I guess its cause they stunt at night and makes them easy to see but I am not sure I know it's not radar or anything connected to the bike never really took the time to ask.

I am willing to bet they are made by lawst cawz and are "Head Lights"

They are jsut for show.