stunting aint working for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stunting aint working for me

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
Dude.... your Avatar is awesome. What year 600RR do you stunt? Maybe you can help me out a lil as far as setup?
I had em all and here's my take.

the 03-04 600rr's got the weekest motors, so throttle control is the easiest. only suggestion for that model is to put on some 1000rr rear pegs if you cant afford a subcage. it makes a huge difference and helps get rid of the cramped feeling.

the 05-06 is basically the same as the 03-04 except the already come with longer rear pegs, and the motor has a little more juice than the 03-04's so u gotta be a little smoother with the throttle, but it pulls on idle stronger than the 03-04

the 07-08, u'll be back to square 1. I wont recommend it to anyone unless you got alot of stuntin under you belt. or excellent throttle control at a super high balance point. The whole no trottle cable issue is a problem to begin with and even after you run the cable to it & unplug the speed sensor and all that, the bike is still unprdictable. the idle just jumps at random every now and then for no reason whenever it feels like. A subcage for that bike is an absolute must. (unless ur a "little person") Its a sweet looking bike but not one for the inexperienced. needless to say i got rid of mine. BTW. I got a cage, cable, subcage, rear seat with hole & stock exhaust for that bike if anyone wants to buy em.

out of all three the 03-04 works the best for me. all u need for that is a cage and the rear pegs.

Last edited by Shake; 01-15-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:37 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

Just ordered my OMR to free up some space. It was cramped bad. We will see how that works.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
I

boyke is a decent person

Originally Posted by R-Benji
stop giving wheelie advise before you learn how to wheelie hahahahahaha
just kiddin scottie
shut it u r1 ridin squid your jus jealous that i got 2 636s i get one more and ill be even wit uncle wink1100

lol j/k
Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

1. Trade that bike for the f4i posted up earlier.
2. If you're learning, I'd HIGHLY suggest to ride during the DAY not NIGHT.
3. If you keep that 600rr any longer it looks like you're going to die learning like that.
4. If you're not at bp and on idle within 10 feet theres no need to do 80 mile per hour power wheelies. Find a smaller spot to practice in.
5. Trade that bike for the f4i posted up earlier.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

^^^^ LOL ^^^^ ...... he has a point.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Armenian
+100000000000000
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 PM

warguy is a decent person

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY
HIDs on the stunter... what a baller
stop being an *******!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 PM

deejayarecue is a decent person

wow...i'm surprised the stuntlife community didnt rape you for posting this! but anyway, you already got a sprocket and cage on the bike so i assume its your dedicated stunt peice and you're completely ok with ****** it up. if thats not the case then don't fool yourself because you WILL **** it up! it is a somewhat hard bike to learn on, gotta have a bit more throttle control. people say balance point is high on rr's but i personally never noticed a difference . its cramped as hell if your anywhere near tall. also a pain to set up later on down the road (idle).

but if you want to slow it down, from that vid you just have to rock it higher! on our rr's the forks gotta be about parallel to the ground to be in balance point and maintain speed (i.e. if you pop it and catch it with the brake at 10mph you'll maintain that speed, for the most part). you'll know when your there because the rpms will stay constant and the bike will kind of float. then the higher you rock it from there the more you'll slow down. but this is when you need to know how to use the rear brake to keep you from looping. it takes some time to program your foot to use the rear break, and in doing so your bound to loop. this is why everyones telling you to learn rear brake on a quad or 50 so you can save yourself some pain and money.

but if your set on learning on the rr, try standup position. it was easier for me to slow it down that way. good luck man! bay areaaaaaaaaaa x 5 .
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 PM

xxshiftrxx is a decent person

stop giving wheelie advise before you learn how to wheelie hahahahahaha
just kiddin scottie

************ you cant wheelie either, both you guys are in a SLOW wheelies thread and neither of you do under like 100 so get OUTAAAA HERE!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 PM

xxshiftrxx is a decent person

listen man, forget the guys trying to tell you what to do with your bike. theres endless ways to learn wheelies. i learned idle in two weeks without ******* my **** up too bad, get on the seat and use a handbrake, handbrake is way quicker and on the seat you have a better sence on balance and control, not to mention when something goes wrong, bailing is super easy, thats my opinion do what you want. Thats a quick way to learn but yes everything takes time, good luck!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xxshiftrxx
listen man, forget the guys trying to tell you what to do with your bike. theres endless ways to learn wheelies. i learned idle in two weeks without ******* my **** up too bad, get on the seat and use a handbrake, handbrake is way quicker and on the seat you have a better sence on balance and control, not to mention when something goes wrong, bailing is super easy, thats my opinion do what you want. Thats a quick way to learn but yes everything takes time, good luck!
and by 2 weeks he means the whole season
Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

so tell me how you are all "trying" to learn this, clutching from dead stop or pow wows or what? it was frustarting for me too guys, the only thing i did that helped me out ALOT was two things, i started rocking seat stander and using the handbrake, AND i got angry and said im gonna twelve this **** and once i got ballsy and dropped the bike waayyyy back behined BP riding the brake alot and all the sudden it slowwwwed right down, and i gradually got better and smoother and mor consistant. once your hitting idle its all about that sweet spot and learning to stay BEHINED bp and not in front of it, not on and off the throttle! and when you wanna test your skills, atleast in ss position, start doing no throttle hand and you will see just how ggood you are at staying behined bp.......goooood luck guys let me know if i can help more

post proof or STFU.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

ya squid..post proof or stfu..we dont believe you
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

what the squid???

not one part of this post makes since...

which leads me to believe you can not do wheelies
Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Stuntride.com

i seen that kid before...he rides a huffy

Old 01-16-2009, 12:53 AM
www.315RIDERS.com

FRANK-THE-TANK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
what the squid???

not one part of this post makes since...

which leads me to believe you can not do wheelies
yes shift can wheelie. heres one vid. g-reg is his name. he is the fat kid.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3A-fXfRSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t96P4...eature=related

Last edited by FRANK-THE-TANK; 01-16-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

well he definetly sucks at giving advice
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Armenian
1. Trade that bike for the f4i posted up earlier.
3. If you keep that 600rr any longer it looks like you're going to die learning like that.
4. If you're not at bp and on idle within 10 feet theres no need to do 80 mile per hour power wheelies. Find a smaller spot to practice in.
5. Trade that bike for the f4i posted up earlier.
i love your thinking here
Old 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM

warguy is a decent person

and by 2 weeks he means the whole season
I learned idle in a little under two weeks also....

Last edited by warguy; 01-16-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM

***G-MONEY is a decent person

Originally Posted by warguy
I learned idle in a little under two weeks also....
+ 1

Quick Reply: stunting aint working for me