stunting aint working for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stunting aint working for me

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
I learned initially on an SV1000S. You can learn on anything you want. The balance point is a lil higher and smaller on a CBR, but it will make you better in the long run. Guys that stunt CBRs usually come from other bikes already knowing how to do everything. Keep practicing getting it to the balance point from a stand still and catching it there with the rear break. Slow crashes are better.
the 03-06 600rr is totally diferrent than the 07-08. he.ll wreck that bike a 100 times over before he gets good on that. he's definitely not going to get that bike to wheelie slow without wrecking it if he has no experience stunting.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:19 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

if u really want to learn to stunt u need a stunt bike

trade u strait up for my f4i FF clean title fully set up w/1krr frontend custom paint hohey dc brembo master -1 w/a 62 tooth, si cage n round bar....

ill even drive to pick your **** up from u

Name:  Picture008.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  74.6 KB
Name:  Picture005.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  70.9 KB

lets make this happen....ive got a plate and all the lights for it too

my boy lives in WC holla at me

Last edited by f4ibry; 01-15-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are gona stunt that bike set it up. make that subframe stronger and add round or 12 bar. looks like you haven't 12ed yet so you don't know where that balance point is. not to mention break control. pm me i'll help as much as i can.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM

7fiveO is an unknown quantity at this point

same here everytime I go to the spot I loop my **** it's just practice dawg
Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i'm by no means no stunter.. but why in the holy hell are you tryin to clutch up from a dead stop already?? can you ride out a wheelie for numerous blocks sittint down or standing up?? and your brand newie 600rr is 4 sure not the best bike to learn on.. you need something else..

i'm just now gettin comfortable with wheelies and i've been riding on and off for a good amount of time. **** doesnt come overnight..

but what youre trying to do will not end up pretty.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

how long have you been riding? you might want to get a fiddy or dirtbike to practice on.
imo your not progressing if your not crashing/dropping your bike.

heres my non pro or sponsered opinion of the video..........
  • too much throttle (your going way to fast)
  • you might need to lean back more, its hard to tell
  • its a lot easier when you have a stunt ready bike & your not worried about it hitting the ground.
  • remember it takes tons of practice, practice, practice & time, lots of time
i'm still learning, and practicing
heres what i did/do when learning/practicing slow (idel) wheelies...........
  • i keep my street bike in the garage, take out my lot/stunt bike
  • i turn the idle up to 3500 rmp +or-
  • stay in first gear
  • i'd be barely moving and pretty much at a stand still (Slight roll) then i quickly clutch up to BP (covering the brake) and using as little throttle as possible to sustain it.
  • try to catch idel and stay there, using brake and/or throttle only when needed.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

that video scared me...there is already alot of good tips in here so ill let them handle most of it.

the learning BP on a 50 or dirbike idea might not be bad...
Old 01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

the whole youre not progressing if youre not crashing is bullshit.. maybe with slow stuff.. but if you have common sense and decent riding ability you will be ok when learning staggered and sitdowns to catch BP.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

HIDs on the stunter... what a baller
Old 01-15-2009, 03:27 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

I never wrecked once learning slow wheelies. OR learning wheelies period. But after I had BP down I bought a quad and learn Brake control on that, then went back to street bike to learn slow wheelies/12's... I fell of the quad numerous times, but not on the bike. It also took 6 months. More aggressive riding probably would have resulted in learning quicker and dropping the bike once or twice. Bottom line this **** takes time, I remember when I was learning BP I went out to ride everyday for probably 6-8 months thinking this is the day that I master wheelies, ha what a joke. Looking back on it I realize how silly I was to think I was gonna get it that fast. You think your frustrated now, I practice at least an hour a day in a lonely *** parking lot by myself trying to get circles on lock, boring as hell and progression takes forever, but I suck.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:37 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
the whole youre not progressing if youre not crashing is bullshit.. maybe with slow stuff.. but if you have common sense and decent riding ability you will be ok when learning staggered and sitdowns to catch BP.

yeah, i totaly agree.
i was talking about idel, or the really slow stuff, not street or faster lot stuff.

i only stunt in lots. i'm trying to learn a lot of idel stuff (i still suck, but i'm working on it). idel circles, SS, one handers, a few combos, eventualy no handers and suff like. when learning those you will have crashes/drops no matter how you look at it.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

circles, yeah your gonna drop your bike, I dont see how you would learn circles without.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:18 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a short trip to tha 925.....listen to these guys please dont 'Bullo' that RR haha
No offense just suggesting
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dat925stunna
why is you leg hanging off the bike? its a maricle you didnt wreck
Old 01-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I

boyke is a decent person

throttle controll too you gota be sauve with that or else your clutch up will turn into a powwow

also jus an idea a few guys i ride with put f4i throttle tubes on there bike and it was a smoother feel
Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM

gsxr"d is a decent person

Originally Posted by shotta
you're not going to get anywhere with that bike. save urself alot of heartache and money while its still in one piece.
+ 1. I had an 07 till I killed it. Cage went straight through the paper machete frame. Hey, don't get me wrong. Its a nice lil street killer. I would never use that as a lot or practice bike. Also the Idle mod is a pain in the *** and It still doesn't run the greatest. I think you should get a cheap 600. Prolly a 636 or f4i or 600rr. ( Older 600rr) My
Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Call me *Point Blank*

cbr_stunt is an unknown quantity at this point

You gonna be around NC this summer.**** I can take some pointers from you and ryan if willing.I live right by farmington dragway but can travel to charlotte if your spot it that away? Pm me if interested.
Originally Posted by ABEStunts
if you are gona stunt that bike set it up. make that subframe stronger and add round or 12 bar. looks like you haven't 12ed yet so you don't know where that balance point is. not to mention break control. pm me i'll help as much as i can.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

Originally Posted by zxonone
circles, yeah your gonna drop your bike, I dont see how you would learn circles without.

Haha.... true that ****! That is where I am at right now. Fall, and fall again.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by boyke
throttle controll too you gota be sauve with that or else your clutch up will turn into a powwow

also jus an idea a few guys i ride with put f4i throttle tubes on there bike and it was a smoother feel
stop giving wheelie advise before you learn how to wheelie hahahahahaha
just kiddin scottie
Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

Originally Posted by shotta
the 03-06 600rr is totally diferrent than the 07-08. he.ll wreck that bike a 100 times over before he gets good on that. he's definitely not going to get that bike to wheelie slow without wrecking it if he has no experience stunting.

Dude.... your Avatar is awesome. What year 600RR do you stunt? Maybe you can help me out a lil as far as setup?

Quick Reply: stunting aint working for me