whats the worst crash you have had on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: whats the worst crash you have had on a bike

couple weeks after getting my 06 636 i was being a looped a wheelie at 50mph and bounced down the road for a good 100 ft landed on the side walk. just had road rash and a sprained ankle, walked with a limp for 3-4 months. first thing i said when my friends came over was "is my bike ok"
Old 01-12-2009, 11:30 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

ran outta gas in a spreader on the street, spent 18 days in the hospital and had 3 surgeries
Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 PM
from the streets

Lowery636 is a decent person

Looped wheelie at about 45 mph. Still hurts like a bitch sometimes.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

This crash is not the most painful but definitely the scariest for me. I was doing a stand up and rocking it for about a mile when a gust of wind hit me and the bike started wobbling in the air. I set it down and went into an immediate tank slapper. I'm riding next to four of my boys and almost take them all out but instead fly past them, miss a guard rail by a foot and go down a grass hill straight into oncoming traffic on I-5. I miss a Ford F150 head on and brush up against it and then roll into highway traffic. I thought for sure they were gonna have to scrape me off the front grill. All I hear is cars screeching around me and I'm thinking I'm gonna get run over. Soon as I stop rolling adrenaline kicks in and I get up and run for the grassy median. I see my boys running down the hill and I just pass out. Woke up and I'm being carried away on a stretcher to the hospital. Got a **** load of road rash because I was just wearing a wife beater. Also got a quarter size hole in my stomach that required a bunch of stitches. Nothing scarier when you see your life flash before your eyes. This was the only and hopefully last time.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:22 AM

jcarr242 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06KvVvVQ1Mc Ouch.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:54 AM

sketchy is a decent person

Flipped an endo on the street due to my brake lines snaggin the front tire (no front fender). Bike landed on me so hard it bounced off and came back for somemore. A bolt or somethin stabbed me in back and i fractured my spine in 3 spots.

also my friend came to watch me ride one time. so he starts practicin some wheelies on a brand new r6. he loses control of one, comes down, hits some sand, goes str8 into a curb, launches the bike up in the air, the thing musta flipped 4 or 5 times in the air. my friend and the bike go 20 ft into the woods. A bunch of vines catches the bike in the air before the bike squashes my friend. All that then ends up being broke on the r6 is the subframe not a scratch anywhere else on the bike except the right side mirror. I know, sounds made up but i got witnesses on here that can back me up on this.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

clutchitup21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by theb1440
just gotta take from our accidents and learn from em, theres nothing worse than losing a friend
i had a buddie die a few years back, he was like 16 or 17....had a r6 and was good on it for a while, then he got a r1 and that following weekend we were all suppose to go riding, i couldn't cuz of work, well they guys went out anyway, anthony was going to fast for the curve, hit a gaurdrail flew head first into a tree and was killed on impact, fully suited too, but it dont help when your body hits a tree around 80mph..... it sucks bad losing a friend!!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morrow
yea i saw that one in slow motion u almost took me out too,good thing no car was coming u woulda been toast.scary...heres some pics of jeremy

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...nt=jeremy1.jpg

I **** my pants when I seen this wreck. I thought he was Dead. Couldn't believe when he got up from this. Never saw a helmet come right off so easily and he had chin strap tight.

Jeremy is a trooper.

Thats why I don't even care to learn any type of off the peg coaster with handbrake. Especially rev limiter. Not worth the risk to me when all off the peg coasters are good for is comps and to impress other stunters.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 PM
**** YOU ALL!

JennyJennJen13 is infamous around these partsJennyJennJen13 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
^^^^ that was the 1st time podunk ever got on a bike.. he just let the clutch out a little too fast...

jk

Tagggggggg...........You're it!!!

I got you!!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

sonofabitch
Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

the worst ones start as an attempt at a christ on a dirt road via an '83 xr200 that sent me into the woods at 13 years old ..broke 4 bones in my foot and major tree rash, you could see the hole in the trees for years...it went in about 25 feet ( i just realized that i was trying a christ 25 years ago) bike was dented a bit but got me home..tank

it was all smooth sailing till a head on collision with a truck 15 years ago on my Nighthawk "S" a week in the hospital shattered tibula among a bunch of other stuff i cant remember now.doc had his finger up to the second knucke fishing stuff out of my leg i watched, it was cool. had 3 months homecare. 2 bikes hit the same truck almost silmuntaeously (as i was hitting him i could see the other bike hit him also) that bike died

decided to stunt out a k5gix750 and am fine all summer (no hospitalization) get a fifty mid july and loop it hyperextending my thumb all the way back (wish i had a pic of that i just looked at it and cranked it back the other way without thinking or feeling it) required surgery and screws the rest of the season pretty much for learning to stunt. healed up just soon enough at the end of the year for me to get 2 tickets for doing wheelies on minty. the very last day before it went into storage

Was pumped to get back on stunty in the spring till i started reading your stories. jesus in the garden im getting to old for this!!

Feel bad for u guys hit by ******* with no papers. damn
Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I

boyke is a decent person

Originally Posted by Josh Faught
looks like the bike is about to horse kick you rite in yer grill and ur puckering up for it
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

mine was a 95mph wreck on a corner while i was drunk...

long straight away with about a 90degree corner at the end, forgot the corner was there, leaned in, back wheel hit gravel, rest is history....

few broken ribs, lots of road rash, you could seriously see my knee cap.. pretty gross but could have been a lot worse
Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 PM

jbizzyblox is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
Flipped a stoppie last January, got an awesome list of injuries from it:
Broke my jaw in 2 places, had it wired shut for 6 weeks
Ruptured ear drum, couldnt hear from the left side for a couple months, but its back now
Broke my hand, and it still hurts
Cracked 2 teeth, one right in the front
Bit through my lip, needed stitches inside and out, i have a permanent fat lip
My helmet strap tore my chin open, 6 more stitches
Did something to my knee where i couldnt walk right for a couple days. Not sure what, hospital didnt see anything, it was fine after a couple weeks
And when the bike landed on me, I got some 'jacket rash' on my back.

You said full gear you were wearing a germ? or full face

I was wearing full gear thank god. Im still afraid to go back to stoppies, even little ones
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 PM

Ruptured ear drum, couldnt hear from the left side for a couple months, but its back now
Did something to my knee where i couldnt walk right for a couple days. Not sure what, hospital didnt see anything, it was fine after a couple weeks

I was wearing full gear thank god. Im still afraid to go back to stoppies, even little ones
You were wearing a german or full face?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 PM

ADIZZLEUPONONE is a decent person

2nd gear...about 60-65 in to the back of a Dodge Neon...ironic? Flew over the car and "cushioned" the impact with my left knee....completely destroyed knee cap, and had two salvagable pieces....$30,000 later, i have a demented looking knee cap, and it hurts.....a lot!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:54 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

Originally Posted by ADIZZLEUPONONE
2nd gear...about 60-65 in to the back of a Dodge Neon...ironic? Flew over the car and "cushioned" the impact with my left knee....completely destroyed knee cap, and had two salvagable pieces....$30,000 later, i have a demented looking knee cap, and it hurts.....a lot!
Thank yoiu pumpkin king.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Zed
North of the boarder

Zed is a decent person

Originally Posted by boyke
looks like the bike is about to horse kick you rite in yer grill and ur puckering up for it
"Please sir, can I have some more?"
Old 01-14-2009, 12:33 AM

Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Originally Posted by jbizzyblox
you dont have to ask the same question 3 times..

it was a full face

Quick Reply: whats the worst crash you have had on a bike