ever haul a motorcycle with a motorcycle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ever haul a motorcycle with a motorcycle?

this is gonna be friggin' awesome!...dude u have to throw some pics up when you're done...hell keep us updated on your progress~
Old 01-11-2009, 02:22 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

hey man, canada i think is pretty lenient right? well, i belive back in Nc, if the trailer was small enough they would let you get away wihtout lights or plates even. but just call your local car inspection shop and they can guve you the specs.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

i think im gonna have to rethink this. i got the hitch on the scooter, but i put my dirt bike behind it and its gonna be longer then a friggin car. and even with the big bore kit thats gonnabe around 230 LBMs more. idk im gonna keep going but i dont know if its gonna work.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NBstunter
i think im gonna have to rethink this. i got the hitch on the scooter, but i put my dirt bike behind it and its gonna be longer then a friggin car. and even with the big bore kit thats gonnabe around 230 LBMs more. idk im gonna keep going but i dont know if its gonna work.
just make it so the front tire straps on to the scooter and the rear tire sits on the ground , like a car dolly instead of a whole trailer
Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
clutch it up!!!

Originally Posted by old man roger
just make it so the front tire straps on to the scooter and the rear tire sits on the ground , like a car dolly instead of a whole trailer
thats one thing im thinking of. i was also thinking what about if i had a 3 foot wide axle and parked the bike on the 12 bar on the trailer to make it shorter?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

thats one thing im thinking of. i was also thinking what about if i had a 3 foot wide axle and parked the bike on the 12 bar on the trailer to make it shorter?
the trailer would tip over the first time you went around a corner
Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
clutch it up!!!

the trailer would tip over the first time you went around a corner
thats what i was thinking.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
also known as OMR

thats what i was thinking.
how about you make it like a car dolly but you load the bike from the side so it is wider then it is long ? the bike would be going down the street side ways , know what i mean ?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Anti-Team

Eddie7one7 is a decent person

They sell these for suv's...Build something like it, only thing is if you could get the scooter not wheelie. Maybe run a small axle under it...

Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM
clutch it up!!!

how about you make it like a car dolly but you load the bike from the side so it is wider then it is long ? the bike would be going down the street side ways , know what i mean ?
yeah that would work. do you need to do an inspection on car dollys?im just wondering i dont wanna get in trouble from the cops about this
Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 PM
clutch it up!!!

Originally Posted by Eddie7one7
They sell these for suv's...Build something like it, only thing is if you could get the scooter not wheelie. Maybe run a small axle under it...

im more thinking what OMR said cause wide is fine cause i am entitled to a full lane anyways. just when you look at it that way and its so long and the dirt bikes a lot bigger then the scooter it looks stupid and i think it would be hard to handle.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
also known as OMR

yeah that would work. do you need to do an inspection on car dollys?im just wondering i dont wanna get in trouble from the cops about this
i don't know about canada
Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
clutch it up!!!

i don't know about canada
ok ill have to find out from someone that does. im pretty sure if it has wheels on the ground like a trailer it does need it. even if it only goes slow as long as the cops dont bug me i dont care. just drive with my 4 ways on. [yes my scooter has 4 ways kinda stupid but yes] anyways thanks OMR for the suggestion!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
CA STUNTER

dude, i want one, but is it safe for 70 mph highway??? what if the back wheel hits a bump and starts bouncing back and forth???
Old 01-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Anti-Team

I don't know big ben.. I just saw this the other night and copied the pic thinking I would just build my own someday.. haha
Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
clutch it up!!!

i thinking something like this with wheels but i cant have the wheels to far out or it will go down the road going side to side when it hits bumps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vhsport.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	219176  
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM
CA STUNTER

go to https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/new...te=1&p=3727101

it seems to b pretty stait forward. check to see if they can fit your bike size or get a different reciever welded on. plus u could use it if you get a car.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM
CA STUNTER

I don't know big ben.. I just saw this the other night and copied the pic thinking I would just build my own someday.. haha
i looked it up, i think i might get one.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NINER
So you are neutral on the subject?

Mike M will get that joke at least.
Lmao!! It was so bad, but im still laughing
Old 01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Anti-Team

Originally Posted by big ben
i looked it up, i think i might get one.
cool i couldn't remember where i saw it

Quick Reply: ever haul a motorcycle with a motorcycle?