ABS whats the deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point
ABS whats the deal

so 09 600rr is gonna have abs as an option. How will abs effect stunting? Im thinking no tire lockup might make endo's a little safer in that regard.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ABS whats the deal

Originally Posted by zxonone
so 09 600rr is gonna have abs as an option. How will abs effect stunting? Im thinking no tire lockup might make endo's a little safer in that regard.
abs on a bike will probably eliminate stoppies ..
even if it didn't i wouldn't do a stoppie on a computer controlled braking system
Old 01-07-2009, 04:06 AM

really? my understading is its all normal until the comp senses brake lockup, then it cuts it in and out to regain traction, which I would think would just drop you down. So as long as you have traction your good, just normal. Anyway just wanted to hear thoughts.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

"if it aint broke dont fix it"
Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

here is the deal eveyone and there about abs https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...new-bikes.html
Old 01-07-2009, 04:35 AM

oops my bad about the copy thread, I searched but couldnt find anything.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 AM

that thread was worthless anyway, might have to wait until some people are riding them to get some decent input. did you copy and paste your reply from someone else's reply on the other thread.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

personally, i cant say i have ever been on a bike with abs, but if what i read about the system is right, i think it would be bad news. most abs systems like in a car detect wheel lock. from what i understand, this system just detects how much brake force is being applied.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:54 AM

uhh no dog no way The comp definately compares wheel speed with vehicle speed and the second it notices a differences it cuts on and off like pumping brakes on a reg non abs car till it is the same again. I beleive like sdf said its pretty much impossible to lock your shyte up on the back wheel and your not gonna do it at or near bp on an endo ( not at my skill level anyway ). I just dont see how it would be bad. We have all locked are front on an unfamilliar surface doin an endo, it would deffinately stop that from happening which could save your ***.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:01 AM

Josiah_Kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

Endos will not be affected as much as burnouts. When the rear wheel picks up speed and the front is still sitting still will it not release front brake pressure because it thinks the front wheel is skidding? This might stop all burnouts.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:03 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

i was just going by what i could get out of this video. i could be completely wrong though.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Eb3AVqwow&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

and the other thing i just thought of. if it is just going by the speed difference, wouldnt the motor start going nuts if you were riding out a wheelie and the front tire stopped spinning completely? wouldnt it just be running that motor trying to get the tire to unlock even though it isnt locked in the first place? if so, that cant be good for it.

i would just stick with what has worked in the past. like so many oters have said, If it aint broke, dont fix it.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:58 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Why do you even care? Its an option for pussies that buy sport bikes to go touring with.....IMO Honda missed the boat on what people really want for a 600R or 1000RR, sure sport touring riders want ABS, but how any sportbike riders do you think will pay the $1000 extra for the ABS...Although Ive read some 1000RR riders want it...

Its simple enough just dont buy it, but it will suck when looking at buying crashed bikes....Cause if its got the ABS Id have to pass on it even if it was a smoking deal, because its not so easy to remove it as the ECU/speedo and alot of parts are different compared to the non ABS models...

At our bike show here in Toronto a few weeks ago Honda was all about showing off their ABS that you have to pay $1000 for....Kawasaki is giving out your choice of 4 free top of the line performance parts with the purchase of a 09 6 or 10 (Akrapovic EVO exhaust system, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Braking wheel and rotors kit, or Attack race bodywork and rearsets)......Im happy with my free $2000 Akrapovic exhaust, Honda can take that ABS crap and shove it...

**** Honda and their stupid ABS, maybe they should think about redesigning the ******* bikes every 2 years instead of 4....Rather then wasting 2 years devoloping a ABS system that nobody wants..

I see the demand for ABS in the sport touring market, but not on super sport bikes... And I doubt any race class is going to allow ABS in competition, not any time soon anyways...

If you cant scare the **** out of yourself with the brakes on a sport bike, I dont even want to ride/own it...

Last edited by JohnnyP; 01-07-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:04 AM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Ur gay if ur even asking about this stupid option, abs has no business being on a sportbike.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 PM

That video explains electronic linked abs. It basically explains how the bike goes about linking brake function between front and rear. you need a video talking about the exciter rings on the wheels and the vehicle speed sensor in the tranny, thats how abs works. Now on another note I was just reading online that the new cbr is linked abs. Linked brakes suck and I would want no part of that. Now abs without linking might be cool.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by scandelous81
Ur gay if ur even asking about this stupid option, abs has no business being on a sportbike.

well if it wasnt 20 degrees outside and snowing I would probably be out riding **** you for living in florida.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jebova2301
iand the other thing i just thought of. if it is just going by the speed difference, wouldnt the motor start going nuts if you were riding out a wheelie and the front tire stopped spinning completely? wouldnt it just be running that motor trying to get the tire to unlock even though it isnt locked in the first place? if so, that cant be good for it.

i would just stick with what has worked in the past. like so many oters have said, If it aint broke, dont fix it.

yeah I dont know I thought of that but I dont know what would happen.
Since your not applying brake pressure in the first place it might not do anything, then again that little solenoid might go "crazy" like you said and prematurely wear out? SInce the brakes are linked, I just found this out, who knows what would happen when you bring it behind BP and apply rear brake.The burnout thing might get fucked up too, I know I have lit up tires on cars with abs while barely rolling, but not enough to make a real conclusion on it.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:20 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

why are people so stupid..so what even if it comes with ABS,all you have to ******* do is cut the wires and you have no ABS
Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
why are people so stupid..so what even if it comes with ABS,all you have to ******* do is cut the wires and you have no ABS
i pull the fuse out on my vehicles cuz i hate abs and then put it back in when it goes for an inspection
Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

yea think u could just pull the fuse on the bike
Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i pull the fuse out on my vehicles cuz i hate abs and then put it back in when it goes for an inspection
that would work too,its pretty simple..

Quick Reply: ABS whats the deal