Anyone tried stunting the SV650's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM
the noob squidator

ryda is a decent person
Re: Anyone tried stunting the SV650's?

Originally Posted by Rocketcrotch
who do you know that stunts a ducati?
m sure CP did stunt a monster doin few shows, i ll try to find the video or just type on youtube ducati stunt and u'll c it.

but now EBUD is stuntin a hypermoto for yes man the movie
Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
yyyuttt uuughh!

lightweight is a decent person

Im just hard up to find a dedicated stunt bike. Im getting now where im going start dropping my minty R6. I've got a cage on it, sprockets etc, but im not to wild about dropping it and I know its gonna happen. I've tried to pick up 4 bikes now ( two off here ) and 2 off craigslist and every one of the deals feel through where the seller either thought it was gold plated, or backed out of the sale... I found this bike today thats close to me (250 miles ) So i may go check it out. Is there nothing you can do to modify the oiling system ?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

ok , a few months ago when i was hanging out with dizzo we were talking about this . on average he got about 6 months out of a motor . problem is the front head is going to starve for oil , while the rear head is going to be filled . only idea i had was to weld a fitting of some sort into the valve cover and another in the case somewhere . at least that will take care of half the problem . only other idea would be to run a lucas type of additive , but i cant see it being good for the clutch and in the end its just going to be a band aid to the problem .
Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by juzslidin
only other idea would be to run a lucas type of additive , but i cant see it being good for the clutch
yeah..you're right about it ******* the clutch up. don't run any additive or synthetic as it will just make the clutch slip

Last edited by lee majors; 01-02-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by lightweight
Im just hard up to find a dedicated stunt bike. Im getting now where im going start dropping my minty R6. I've got a cage on it, sprockets etc, but im not to wild about dropping it and I know its gonna happen. I've tried to pick up 4 bikes now ( two off here ) and 2 off craigslist and every one of the deals feel through where the seller either thought it was gold plated, or backed out of the sale... I found this bike today thats close to me (250 miles ) So i may go check it out. Is there nothing you can do to modify the oiling system ?
look, it all depends on riding, there are a lot of people who rev out coasters and hold the redline, those r the people who blow engines.
ive done 1/4 mile long wheelies in the upper rpm at higher bp than my avatar and havent had problems b/c i take care of my sv.
a huge sprocket will definialty hurt the engeine in this case( i run only 1 tooth down in front). if u change the oil often and put good oil in it. i use car castrol gtx synthetic and it works great as long as uoverfill a 1/2 quart.
try a v twin oil.
if you do the above you'll b fine

i just got my racing 905 cage, they are the only ones making cages for an sv, but its great.

Last edited by big ben; 01-02-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lee majors
yeah..you're right about it ******* the clutch up. don't run any additive or synthetic as it will just make the clutch slip
ehh

I'm running synthetic that is ENERGY CONSERVING on a 33k mile clutch in my f4i

Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
CA STUNTER

synthetic is bomb
Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juzslidin
ok , a few months ago when i was hanging out with dizzo we were talking about this . on average he got about 6 months out of a motor . problem is the front head is going to starve for oil , while the rear head is going to be filled . only idea i had was to weld a fitting of some sort into the valve cover and another in the case somewhere . at least that will take care of half the problem . only other idea would be to run a lucas type of additive , but i cant see it being good for the clutch and in the end its just going to be a band aid to the problem .
I think he said the shortest was something like 45 minutes

was also told CP used to take two to shows

I sold mine pretty quickly after I bought it.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by big ben
look, it all depends on riding, there are a lot of people who rev out coasters and hold the redline, those r the people who blow engines.
ive done 1/4 mile long wheelies in the upper rpm at higher bp than my avatar and havent had problems b/c i take care of my sv.
a huge sprocket will definialty hurt the engeine in this case( i run only 1 tooth down in front). if u change the oil often and put good oil in it. i use car castrol gtx synthetic and it works great as long as uoverfill a 1/2 quart.
try a v twin oil.
if you do the above you'll b fine

i just got my racing 905 cage, they are the only ones making cages for an sv, but its great.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:28 AM

clamrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess ill throw in my for what its worth (not much LOL)

i've also heard good and bad bout the life span of a stunted v-twin. im not arguing that point.

my other ride is a modded out TLR and once i did the perf mods the the throttle response was hella abrupt. made it very hard to ride smoothly let alone learn stunting. im not sure what the throttle respnse is like on a SV but just thought id throw that out there.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 AM

ENASNI TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved my TLR. Hell all I did on that bike was ride wheelies. Never had any problems with it. I had it for about 4 years. I just recently sold it to get a 954. V-twins are the shyt
Old 01-03-2009, 12:50 AM
CA STUNTER

get it dude, trust me you'll love it
big low end and if u clutch up u wont need a huge sprocket, instead only go down 1-2 teeth in front
get it and rip it
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Stunt Joe Mafia

spencerh600rr is a decent person

Originally Posted by old duffer
I think he said the shortest was something like 45 minutes

was also told CP used to take two to shows

I sold mine pretty quickly after I bought it.
+1

rock a 650 v-twin if you want

but if you are doing to because you can't afford another bike, then why risk a bike that's known to pop motors?

Just get a honda to begin with, and you wont have to worry about it (or hell any 600 forward slant 4cylinder)...

I can understand, if you WANT to rock a v-twin, because thats what you want. But to rock a v-twin because its cheap? what sense does that make when there is a good chance you'll have to replace the motor before long..

edit: btw this is Towlieee on spencers PC!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

big low end and if u clutch up u wont need a huge sprocket, instead only go down 1-2 teeth in front
get it and rip it
yeah its worth getting man.

If you look after it im sure it will be fine

How is your 905 cage holdin up on it?

and towlieee is right, if your getting it cause its cheap your buying it for the wrong reason...

Lee Freestyle bought his to be unique as a stuntbike and he just loved the torque of a v-twin but he has told me after 2 years stuntin it, its gettin quite tired...

Last edited by Kevmo7; 01-03-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 AM

clamrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

oh trust me man i love my tiller too but my perf mod list was:

r6 throttle tube
no lid on airbox/ K&N/ joeV mod
M4 full exhaust with shortied cans
+6 on the rear
remapped ecu with yosh-box
barnett kevlar clutch and high pressure springs
cable clutch conv
breather mod with air/oil breather in tailsection
tre mod
aft market ign coils and plugwires (those ones with built in capacitor.)
scooter battery in tail section (hella weight savings)

oh and a lil bit of the laughing gas for good measure.

so like i said my tlr is a lil "twitchy"
Old 01-03-2009, 01:16 AM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by Kevmo7

How is your 905 cage holdin up on it?

its great, it took me awhile to put on b/c it didnt line up correctly, but the bike will sit on the triangle and none of the bike touckes the ground, my shins are millimeters from the cage though
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
what about ducati?
jason britton on superbikes across some red bride with a 1000 ducati that started spewing oil everywhere when he wheelied
Old 02-26-2009, 03:45 AM

Juniorf4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
those blow up from regular riding

+1!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:01 AM

Juniorf4i is a decent person

get it and rip it
this is true I was on stock gearing for about a month when i started breaking teeth off of my vortex sprocket it was a 48 tooth rear.. I asked my friend if he had any sv sprockets? he said all he had was from a sv 1000 it fit but it was a 45.. I went down 3 in the rear and I am on that sprocket still.. thats the sprocket I have on in my av... NOT A PROBLEM getting it up on one!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 AM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

i stunted my brand new from suzuki sv-650s....super super sick bike.....until it blew up with only 4589 miles on it..and i know i broke it in right.....then i put another motor and it lasted 2000 miles...with extra oil in it.......love the bike hate the engine

Quick Reply: Anyone tried stunting the SV650's?