whats the dumbest thing you've heard talking about stunting

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:50 PM

ryan711 is a decent person
Re: whats the dumbest thing you've heard talking about stunting

all these stories remind me why I walk away when people start talkin about bikes and stunts!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:32 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

i worked with a guy that told me he got clocked by a cop friends radar at 250mph+. so i said "your bike is a stock hayabusa, that impossible". he went on to ask me "what do you think radars lie", and i said "no you do" lol!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by rookie stunter
this dude that used to work at our shop was a compulsive liar and we got several great ones from him, like how his 92 yamaha seca 2 would run 180 while he was shifting into 5th gear. and how he had a ninja 250 that he ran 170mph in the eight mile at the strip. and my personal favorite was when he was willing to run my zx10 against his 450 fourwheeler for titles knowing my zx10 was running 5s. he swore i wouldnt stand a chance cause he had cams.
i think you are full of **** otherwise you would be rocking a quad, my .

Originally Posted by DLISH
that's what I meant BTW just had a nice beer run on the Vespa, its like 62 & its gonna snow/34 degrees tomorrow...
i never made it out to ft. collins, i ended up having to go to LA and help my mom at a dog show, during the time my girl was visiting her parents. hopefully, i can make it out there next time.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Neosporin
Everyone I ride with are knee draggers except for 3 of us, who stunt.. Or try anyway.

I'm told daily that stunters are squids. I also get that on other motorcycle forums. The group just gives us a hard time, but I suspect they're serious as well.
the good stunters can throw a bike around like it weighs 10 lbs i would like to c them manipulate a bike like that. i'm a knee dragger and a stunter.......trying to be anyway i'll get it goddamnit, i kill the back roads always fun
Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

"Give me 2 weeks and I could do that"
Old 01-02-2009, 09:32 PM

and these r the people that should sell their bike (and jump off their roof) liars **** me off so much
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 PM

Peter Steele is a decent person

I know a kid that said to me that he was doing Bp stand-ups between cars down the main road.

When i went riding with him, his wheelies we not long (at best) then 3 secs and were no higher then 1.5feet. I caught him out on that.

Another one.

A guy telling me he had some new **** on lock ( rulp louie's ) ( ss circles )

when seein him ride i only see one half ***'d attempts at trying idle. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ANYTHING HE SAID

Some of the best lines ive had someone say to me.

My mate has a r1, they are faster.

You cant wheelie a 600cc they dont have enough power.

You cant turbo 600cc bikes.

Clutching up wheelies is bad for the bike.

I like power wheelies cause its easyer.

Best one ive had someone say: Why not just go on the freeway if you want to do wheelies
Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Peter Steele
I know a kid that said to me that he was doing Bp stand-ups between cars down the main road.

When i went riding with him, his wheelies we not long (at best) then 3 secs and were no higher then 1.5feet. I caught him out on that.

Another one.

A guy telling me he had some new **** on lock ( rulp louie's ) ( ss circles )

when seein him ride i only see one half ***'d attempts at trying idle. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ANYTHING HE SAID

Some of the best lines ive had someone say to me.

My mate has a r1, they are faster.

You cant wheelie a 600cc they dont have enough power.

You cant turbo 600cc bikes.

Clutching up wheelies is bad for the bike.

I like power wheelies cause its easyer.

Best one ive had someone say: Why not just go on the freeway if you want to do wheelies

damn
Old 01-03-2009, 01:22 AM

ADIZZLEUPONONE is a decent person

Handbrakes big sprockets are for cheaters...Just b/c they can't do it without them!!!! lol courtesy of reed....evasive actions!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 AM

Chr1stina is a decent person

I have heard a lot of stupid stuff about bikes, but the most frequent comment/question *I* get about bikes can be answered by my 3 year old nephew. People will watch me pull in somewhere (frequently a gas station) and say, "Do you ride that thing?" I look at them and very seriously say, "No. I pushed it up here. Gas is too expensive." One guy replied to that with, "No, I mean do you ride that by yourself?" I looked around to see if there was anyone else standing around who could possibly be with me only to find there wasn't. I looked back and him and said, "Yes. I just took the training wheels off this morning, but I think I am managing well!"

While sitting on a ZX14, a "little person" (seriously, he was maybe 4'3" and I am 6') walked up to me and started the conversation by asking me if they made a bike smaller than a 450. He asked some other really ridiculous questions. Near the end of the conversation, he said that he asked that because he figured 450 was about all that a woman can handle. I looked at the ZX14 sticker on the tail section of my bike and said, "This is a FOURTEEN HUNDRED." I was thinking the sticker had to be about eye level with him. Surely he had to have seen it.

One time I went to Lowe's to pick up a breaker so that I could fix my dryer. I rode the bike there and carried my helmet in with me. While at the checkout counter, the conversation went something like this:

Cashier (guy): Did you ride a motorcycle down here?

Me: (making reference to my helmet) No, I just carry this around for decoration. (Smiling sweetly so as not to come across as too big of a bitch)

Cashier: Oh, well, I umm...I said that because I heard thunder and was wondering if it was raining yet.

Me: (Looking at helmet and clothes and seeing that every square inch was perfectly dry) No. Not yet.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Almost Don't Count

bulgarianMike is a decent person

Originally Posted by Alpha Chino
well they are correct, what we do is RIDING.
way to be a smart *** .... that **** about spelling is so old ....seriously
Old 01-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Almost Don't Count

bulgarianMike is a decent person

o got another one and that comes from one of the guys on this forum ......
if you ride a FF bike you are better stunter than someone on SF ...
Old 01-03-2009, 07:23 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

the best i heard was when i bought my r6. one of my close-ish friends had a brand new ninja 250R. I say "had" because he wrecked it when he dumped the clutch and hit a parked car(just like that black dude on the harley video on youtube). he kept bragging how his ninja was so much faster than my bike. he said he could whoop my *** all over the streets if i tried to race him. finally i went riding with him and im still not good at high speed turns, but he was basically walking his bike around 90 degree turns. i felt like **** when people would see him walking the bike around a turn and then they would look at me.

the other thing i get is when people here at the college ask why the bike moves forward so much when i let go of the left brake lever.(aka...the clutch)
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 AM

crowbar is a decent person

Not a stunt story but great all the same. I used to work for a kawi dealership and this is the exact reason I left...idiots I couldnt take it anymore. We sell this guy a current year 636 and he didnt even have a permit, he had to trailer his bike away. Next day we get a call saying the rear brake doesnt work and a headlight is out. He brings it in and I told him to stand in front of the bike... I turned his highbeam on and what do you know...both lights work. Then my boss took the bike around the building and drifted the back tire with the brake...it worked just fine. kid was an idiot. and again having these people ruin and misuse these great machines is what made me leave.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by crowbar
Not a stunt story but great all the same. I used to work for a kawi dealership and this is the exact reason I left...idiots I couldnt take it anymore. We sell this guy a current year 636 and he didnt even have a permit, he had to trailer his bike away. Next day we get a call saying the rear brake doesnt work and a headlight is out. He brings it in and I told him to stand in front of the bike... I turned his highbeam on and what do you know...both lights work. Then my boss took the bike around the building and drifted the back tire with the brake...it worked just fine. kid was an idiot. and again having these people ruin and misuse these great machines is what made me leave.
what the hell was he doing wrong? not start the bike? try using the clutch lever for the rear brake?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person

I was once asked why my foot pegs (sliders now got a cage) where so high up n he also thought my pegs where for the passenger not noticeing the pegs on the subframe Harly rider
Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

No offense man, but you actually sound like one of those ******** at the stealership that gives me dirty looks and is the reason I never go back to there for **** but oil filters, all because I "ruin and misuse my great machine" I just picked up off your showroom floor. Don't hate....

It's not my fault that 150 miles later the fairings are off, tank is properly dented, cage is on, and I really need a new tire... well, maybe it is, but it's not my fault that YOUR factory didn't tighten down the speedo bolt so now my magnesium countershaft cover is busted to ****!

OH.. sorry. Flashbacks. the head mechanic even told me basically I was an ******* cuz I needed a new clutch already, which pissed me off cuz it was obvious when he actuated the lever that the GD linkage was just floppin in the wind cuz the cable is connected to the ****** magnesium cover that's in pieces! Just give me my warranty work ya know? And like I'd fry my clutch that fast... Pffft. still got the same one in that bike...

OH yea...And about the extra levers...(my post is getting wordy too...lol)
I like telling people.. especially experienced street riders, to sit on my stuntbike, and then tell them to "pull in the clutch" and watch them grab the front brake first! LOL
Iv'e seen it happen a TON of times! Not sure why they do it, but the extra levers must throw em off or they are just nervous sittin on it or maybe it's the MSR raptor or something...??? Who cares.. it's funny as hell! try it!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 AM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

hey im 40min. from canandagua ny, but dude what u talkin about?? im with jstuntlocke, these bikes are ment to be riden hard and abused thats kida what happens to a stunt piece.... they become distroyed i ride / drive everything hard tho
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 AM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gixxxer Guy Ed
I was once asked why my foot pegs (sliders now got a cage) where so high up n he also thought my pegs where for the passenger not noticeing the pegs on the subframe Harly rider
that just sounds like someone who hasent been arould bikes much period.. if they didnt even notice the levers
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KANE>NIN
that just sounds like someone who hasent been arould bikes much period.. if they didnt even notice the levers
Actually it shows the difference between cruisers having forward controls and sportbikes having rearsets...

Quick Reply: whats the dumbest thing you've heard talking about stunting