New Adjustable Foot Plate!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Re: New Adjustable Foot Plate!!

if only it was practical to put some type of footplate on the tank.....
Old 12-31-2008, 04:04 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
Sweet idea, but it has room for improvement. Weld the bolts in place and use wing nuts for adjustment so you don't need to stop riding and pull out the toolbox to adjust it. Second in the retracted position it should sit lower than the plastic seat pan. If the bike comes ove on you in a stoppie the seat foam will compress and still let it bite you in the back.

You are guilty of not reading also niner. You dont have to stop riding to adjust it. We used locknuts to hold the desired tension. The level will be lower than the seat on the production run. this is 1st time mock up.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
sickinnovations.com

Sweet idea, but it has room for improvement. Weld the bolts in place and use wing nuts for adjustment so you don't need to stop riding and pull out the toolbox to adjust it. Second in the retracted position it should sit lower than the plastic seat pan. If the bike comes ove on you in a stoppie the seat foam will compress and still let it bite you in the back.
If the bolts are welded in place it limits the range of adjustment to the slots on one piece instead of both.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
You are guilty of not reading also niner. You dont have to stop riding to adjust it. We used locknuts to hold the desired tension. The level will be lower than the seat on the production run. this is 1st time mock up.
With all the pretty pictures who would stop to read all those time consuming words?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by frayz
Hmm. u stole my idea damnit lol. When they gonna be done? I need one asap.

also, someone who was to make it in their garage wouldn't worry about autocad time and laser cutting. A rough sketch, plasma torch, and a grinder makes anywork look professional. :twocents
No comparison but i see your point. He wanted to know why they were "expensive" so i told him.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 PM
sickinnovations.com

With all the pretty pictures who would stop to read all those time consuming words?
what u been up to man? Havent seen u around at shows in awhile.
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

thats nice!
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

No comparison but i see your point. He wanted to know why they were "expensive" so i told him.
$100 isn't expensive. Walk into a fab shop and ask them to build one and see how much they quote you. I guarantee it is at least twice that without powdercoating. Some people just don't know.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Retired

what u been up to man? Havent seen u around at shows in awhile.
been paying off bills and **** so not much travels this year with $4.85 a gallon diesel. Plus with Borne moving and Scoot selling ALL his bikes I haven't had much motivation to ride lots.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

I was just about to write the same crap before I read your post

edit* also read the top posts just now but i understand now
Old 12-31-2008, 04:21 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

damn you make new **** faster than i can want it. looks good

have any of the 636 tail savers ready
Old 12-31-2008, 04:52 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

yea that IS pimp... glad someone is makin those now!
And it's totally logical that you would first make them for the bikes with the undertail exhausts and NOT the F4i's... less room for your foot in a bike with an undertail..

Once again good work Ian.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

05-06? I shouldn't even have asked that they look like they would be tough to make on the 05-06
Damn 03-04's
Old 12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
The Goons Are Here

snwmn0303 is a decent person

been paying off bills and **** so not much travels this year with $4.85 a gallon diesel. Plus with Borne moving and Scoot selling ALL his bikes I haven't had much motivation to ride lots.
what thats a lie we motivate u dont even go there buddy....so quit fibbin u scared hillbilly
Old 12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lethal Rider
I didnt know he was a rep for Sick I thought he just made it in his garage or something
Didnt know he OWNS Sick Innovations... and yes hes a fulltime rep as well
Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by Suicidl
damn you make new **** faster than i can want it. looks good

have any of the 636 tail savers ready
tail savers are a go! need to order more plates, but yea there ready.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM

636squid is a decent person

That looks great but will it hold up when your steel subframe snaps the tabs off the aluminium frame of the 636. This is a good idea but I'm not so sure about the subframe, it might be stronger than the frame and snap off the tabs.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

that´s a great product, you choose the right name for your company!

so will we see you at Stuntwars, yes or no?
Old 01-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Another little plus, if you chose not to slide it down for a stoppie and you happened to loop, if it hit you, it should just slide itself down...hopefully.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by stick1300
Another little plus, if you chose not to slide it down for a stoppie and you happened to loop, if it hit you, it should just slide itself down...hopefully.
exactly what we had in mind with this design.

Quick Reply: New Adjustable Foot Plate!!