sick innovations, hell yeahhhh

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up sick innovations, hell yeahhhh

gotta give it too ian and the rest of the crew at sick innovations.

got my new cage today and the bitch feels solid better than the bent up one i had on there and it took me 15 minutes to put it on make one phone call and smoke a cigarette but the socket monster got me so i will test the cage later today to retrieve my socket .

ian we need to talk about these ups delivery people i was expecting some nice *** blonde with big ******* and an *** instead i get this big burly black dude named bubba, no **** his name was bubba, so can you look into that so that doesnt happen on my next delivery. thank you

Last edited by JOHN J; 12-30-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Re: sick innovations, hll yeahhhh

you lost a socket with the new design?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 PM
IDLE WHORE

Re: sick innovations, hell yeahhhh

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
you lost a socket with the new design?!?!?!?!?
yup on the threaded rod,oh well
Old 12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

How do you lose a socket? lol like stuck in the cage?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
IDLE WHORE

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
yup, cant complain though probably the easiest cage that i have put on and the damn thing is stout as hell.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

i thought the new design was suppose to prevent losing sockets?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:34 PM

STiRiDaZ is a decent person

Yea lost a socket when I installed mine too.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
IDLE WHORE

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Originally Posted by Bray
i thought the new design was suppose to prevent losing sockets?
the way i see it a socket cost no more than 3-5 dollars where as a frame/ engine can cost more than a grand a piece.

oh and just so im clear about this the socket is stuck on the threaded rod.

so i will gladly sacrifice a socket.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JOHN J
the way i see it a socket cost no more than 3-5 dollars where as a frame/ engine can cost more than a grand a piece.

oh and just so im clear about this the socket is stuck on the threaded rod.

so i will gladly sacrifice a socket.
Put the extension back on, hit it sideways a couple times and it should loosen the socket to pull it out, or knock your bike over a couple times on that side
Old 12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

My Cage Has The Sockets Stuck In It Too. I Just Leave Them In There For When I Need To Take It Off.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:51 PM

mb32 will become famous soon enoughmb32 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
My Cage Has The Sockets Stuck In It Too. I Just Leave Them In There For When I Need To Take It Off.

same here. i had mine stuck, one good crash and out it came.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:52 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
+1 I have two allenhead sockets stuck in the sides and one 14mm on the threaded rod. all i gotta bring is a extention and a ratchet
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
IDLE WHORE

problem solved, instead of using a 14 mm on the threaded rod use a 9/16 and you will get your socket back.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

problem solved, instead of using a 14 mm on the threaded rod use a 9/16 and you will get your socket back.
Exactly. Its a 9/16 nut. 14mm fits, but its really tight and hard to get the socket out. plus there is a tighening sequence that makes all the difference in the world for stuck sockets.

F4/ F4i

First of all, open your hardware kit and lay out all the bolts that came in the kit. You should have 2- 10mmx1.25 allen bolts. These are for your left and right front engine mounts. Secondly, you should have 1 small allen bolt with a nut threaded onto it. This is for the lower mount where the 2 sides connect to each other directly behind the exhaust header. You will also find a long threaded rod. This is for the rear engine mount. Lastly, there are 2 black spacers. If you are sitting on the bike, they go to the left front and left rear engine mounts. They go between the cage and the frame.

To get started, remove your left front engine mount and the rear engine mount bolt. Do not remove all the mount at once. This can cause your engine to sag and it will make it difficult to get the bolts started. Next, take the left portion of the cage and drop one of the front engine mount bolts into the left front mount on the cage and have the bolt hanging out of the mount. Take one of your spacers and set it into the frame at the front mount location. Hold the cage up to the engine mounts and get the bolt started only a few turns. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLT YET. Now you want to set the other spacer into the frame at the rear mount location and take the threaded rod, remove one of the nuts and slide it through the cage mount, spacer, and through the engine mount until it is sticking out the other side. Now you will go to the other side of the bike and take the cage piece, drop the bolt through the front mount on the cage and have it hanging out the other side. Hold it up to the engine mounts and get the bolt started only a few turns. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLT YET. Next you want to make sure the threaded rod is sticking through the rear mount. Take the nut that came with it and get it started only a few turns. Now you will take the small allen bolt and get it started into the lower mounts where the 2 sides connect and get the nut threaded on only a few turns. Once all the bolts are started, you can now tighten the cage up. The tightening sequence is important. Start with the lower mount and tighten it up. Next you will go to the rear engine mount and tighten it up. Lastly, tighten your front engine mount bolts and you are ready to stunt!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
IDLE WHORE

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
Exactly. Its a 9/16 nut. 14mm fits, but its really tight and hard to get the socket out. plus there is a tighening sequence that makes all the difference in the world for stuck sockets.

F4/ F4i

First of all, open your hardware kit and lay out all the bolts that came in the kit. You should have 2- 10mmx1.25 allen bolts. These are for your left and right front engine mounts. Secondly, you should have 1 small allen bolt with a nut threaded onto it. This is for the lower mount where the 2 sides connect to each other directly behind the exhaust header. You will also find a long threaded rod. This is for the rear engine mount. Lastly, there are 2 black spacers. If you are sitting on the bike, they go to the left front and left rear engine mounts. They go between the cage and the frame.

To get started, remove your left front engine mount and the rear engine mount bolt. Do not remove all the mount at once. This can cause your engine to sag and it will make it difficult to get the bolts started. Next, take the left portion of the cage and drop one of the front engine mount bolts into the left front mount on the cage and have the bolt hanging out of the mount. Take one of your spacers and set it into the frame at the front mount location. Hold the cage up to the engine mounts and get the bolt started only a few turns. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLT YET. Now you want to set the other spacer into the frame at the rear mount location and take the threaded rod, remove one of the nuts and slide it through the cage mount, spacer, and through the engine mount until it is sticking out the other side. Now you will go to the other side of the bike and take the cage piece, drop the bolt through the front mount on the cage and have it hanging out the other side. Hold it up to the engine mounts and get the bolt started only a few turns. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLT YET. Next you want to make sure the threaded rod is sticking through the rear mount. Take the nut that came with it and get it started only a few turns. Now you will take the small allen bolt and get it started into the lower mounts where the 2 sides connect and get the nut threaded on only a few turns. Once all the bolts are started, you can now tighten the cage up. The tightening sequence is important. Start with the lower mount and tighten it up. Next you will go to the rear engine mount and tighten it up. Lastly, tighten your front engine mount bolts and you are ready to stunt!

yeah what ian said

bro i am no way complaining dont take that the wrong way you guys have been nothing but awesome.

maybe if you can get in touch with nags he can make that a sticky for future users(help and how too maintenance section). just a suggestion. you guys are still number 1 in my book
Old 12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

I got allen and socket in there just a 1/4 and 3/8 drive and im set lol.... Btw on my first si the 1/4 in. Drive w/9/16 didnt get stuk but new one did...... O well still th best imo.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
sickinnovations.com

yeah what ian said

bro i am no way complaining dont take that the wrong way you guys have been nothing but awesome.

maybe if you can get in touch with nags he can make that a sticky for future users(help and how too maintenance section). just a suggestion. you guys are still number 1 in my book
Oh i know. Just wanted to post that so it might help others. Im glad your happy with it. I'll get an f4i in here and maybe we can adjust the jig a bit so the tollerances arent quite as tight.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by f4ibry
I got allen and socket in there just a 1/4 and 3/8 drive and im set lol.... Btw on my first si the 1/4 in. Drive w/9/16 didnt get stuk but new one did...... O well still th best imo.
We'll look into it further and get it fixed to where they dont do that. Thanks for the heads up. We cant fix problems without you guys giving us feedback.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:44 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

BAHH stupid american tools. Who uses those things anyway

And ian ya i follow that, but i think i need new motor mount bolts mine are ragged.

You guys are doing a great job. Now just get that 05/06 foot plate already
Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Easiest cage to install? NO. **** no!

Strongest cage on the market? I vote yes.....

Quick Reply: sick innovations, hell yeahhhh