f4i oil pickup ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Kick Rocks Bitc*

DEADDUCK is a decent person
f4i oil pickup ?

so should i put my oil pickup on or should i just keep running extra oil like i have been and wat are the pros and cons of doin it
Old 12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
soup mafia/squid mafia

cadillacZac will become famous soon enough
Re: f4i oil pickup ?

put it in. with it the bike feels so much smother it pulls better and its better for your motor.i dont have one my self but i want one . my boy ethiopian has one and i road his bike for 5 min and then got back on mine and now i hate my bike .it makes that much of a difference
Old 12-29-2008, 11:44 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Get one, if anything it can only help
Old 12-29-2008, 12:22 PM

murdercove is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry guys i dnt wanna jack ur thead
but
what temp does every1s F4i run
im runnin around 220----is that HOT
Old 12-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Guru is a decent person

i loved mine!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Guru
i loved mine!!!

You know you wanna ditch that 636 and get back to killin the f4ez
Old 12-29-2008, 07:38 PM

-NJ stunt- is an unknown quantity at this point

how do you install the oil pickup i know you have to take oil pan off then whats next, whats that ring with two tabs
Old 12-29-2008, 07:51 PM

corpse is an unknown quantity at this point

theres instructions in the package or a link on here somewhere... i did mine too long ago to remember
Old 12-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

I highly recommend the oil pick-up. When you look at pick-up's position and how it works, it's obvious that the motor will starve for oil during long wheelie's. It took me blowing my motor to realize it. You can over fill your oil to help, but that causes other problems like blowing seals and causing extra crank drag.

When I got my new motor I tried ordering it from Stuntex, but they would not return any of my emails or provide a # the contact them. After several attempts I got tired of waiting, as I wasn't going to ride until I installed it, and therefore I had a good friend on my who is an engineer design one and have it made on a CNC.

Now that I got one all my buddies who rock F4i's are hitting me up so I'm getting a new batch made. It's still a couple of weeks away from completion, but if you can wait it would only come out to $60. It's just as good as the Stuntex, if not better and I will tell you exactly how to install it, which is pretty easy.

If you want one, send me a PM so I can add you to the list.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM

can you tell me how to install one , i have one with no instructions just want to know before i go messing around, thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cadillacZac
put it in. with it the bike feels so much smother it pulls better and its better for your motor.i dont have one my self but i want one . my boy ethiopian has one and i road his bike for 5 min and then got back on mine and now i hate my bike .it makes that much of a difference
His bike is just maintained better..

unless you are physically LOSING PRESSURE then it wont make ANY difference for performance...

And if you are over filling by .5-1qt, then you shouldn't lost pressure unless your doing bar tricks, or WAY behind bp..

I ran a oil pickup for 2 months, ended up selling it.. Made no difference in my wheelies, although I COULD do bar tricks (but I dont).. The only differecne I REALLY noticed, was just doing a pop-a-stoppie, i'd lost oil pressure everytime.. And if I rolled out 30+ foot, I'd lose oil pressure for over 20 seconds

They are definitely worth if you do bar tricks, or anything at 12 or past... but if you just ride wheelies, scraping and all but not 'staying on the bar' for more then 20 seconds, your gravy running stock

Hell you could even make your own pickup with $5 in **** probably for a f4i.. All they do is turn your stock pickup around and give you a metal ring to hold it in place backwords! And of course a 'half gasket' to hold the oil in the pan, but you'd probably be fine just turning the pickup around alone....
Old 12-30-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by yourmom
can you tell me how to install one , i have one with no instructions just want to know before i go messing around, thanks
Here is how you install it:

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan
3. Put the repositioning ring around the pick-up (as shown in the pic) then bend the little nipple up. This allows you to turn the pick up 180 degrees around so that the oil intake is further back.
4. Put the baffle on the pan just as you would a gasket using silicon on both sides and reinstall.

As you can see, this creates a pool of oil around the pick up during wheelies so that you never run dry. Without it, all the oil moves to other parts of the engine and tranny leaving the pick up sucking air. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo rev.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	218680   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Views:	214
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	218682   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3) rev.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	218683   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Views:	376
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	218684  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Here is how you install it:

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan
3. Put the repositioning ring around the pick-up (as shown in the pic) then bend the little nipple up. This allows you to turn the pick up 180 degrees around so that the oil intake is further back.
4. Put the baffle on the pan just as you would a gasket using silicon on both sides and reinstall.

As you can see, this creates a pool of oil around the pick up during wheelies so that you never run dry. Without it, all the oil moves to other parts of the engine and tranny leaving the pick up sucking air. Let me know if you have any other questions.
nice , thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

What I always woundered, was where does the oil drain back down at on a f4i?

It just runs through the motor right and falls into the bottom? So if your on the bar that metal gasket would STOP it from getting to the pickup right? or is that wrong
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
What I always woundered, was where does the oil drain back down at on a f4i?

It just runs through the motor right and falls into the bottom? So if your on the bar that metal gasket would STOP it from getting to the pickup right? or is that wrong
The oil return is on the opposite side of the baffle in the center of the wavy divider (see attached pic) I don't have a pic of the return with me, but if you want I can send one when I get home. To answer your question, the metal gasket does not affect the oil return in any way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1 rev.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	218691  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:43 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

so what's the deal on stoppies with the pick up? I've heard a few people say something abouttheir oil light. Is the engine starving for oil at all?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:17 PM

The oil return is on the opposite side of the baffle in the center of the wavy divider (see attached pic) I don't have a pic of the return with me, but if you want I can send one when I get home. To answer your question, the metal gasket does not affect the oil return in any way.
Thats not the return there.. That's the pressure relief valve (it opens if your oil system is clogged), its located RIGHT after the oil pump..

which still leaves me wondering where the oil drains back down, and whether or not the metal gasket is really HELPING for long bar tricks
I think its just draining down on its own, and if your bikes on the bar, I do'nt think it would drain into the metal gasket that stuntaid gives you.. I think it would drain behind it robbing you of oil

But I'm not sure..

btw at this angle my bike doesn't loose pressure stock, but a little farther back it does

Last edited by Towlieee; 12-30-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Steve O

tricky500 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JMZ
so what's the deal on stoppies with the pick up? I've heard a few people say something abouttheir oil light. Is the engine starving for oil at all?
as far as i understand yes. you only need to worry about that if your consistantly rolling long distances... and dont rev limit while doin a stoppie..
Old 12-30-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tricky500
as far as i understand yes. you only need to worry about that if your consistantly rolling long distances... and dont rev limit while doin a stoppie..
so your saying either way the oil light will come on doing stoppies or wheelies now im undecided if i want to get one, so is it worth it if your not going to do bar tricks
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DEADDUCK
so should i put my oil pickup on or should i just keep running extra oil like i have been and wat are the pros and cons of doin it

why is this even a question? if you have it, USE IT!