08 zx6r problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:53 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point
08 zx6r problem

having some problems with this bike. the FI and the red light flashes when i crank the bike. it runs for about 10 seconds then shuts off. i removed the servo motor completely is that my problem? any help is appreciated thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 01:17 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 08 zx6r problem

Originally Posted by ABEStunts
having some problems with this bike. the FI and the red light flashes when i crank the bike. it runs for about 10 seconds then shuts off. i removed the servo motor completely is that my problem? any help is appreciated thanks
if youre running your stock exhaust then youre ******* yourself out of low end power by removing that motor. if u have the stock exhaust put the servo back in and do the jumper mod u can add around 8hp on the top end with that for free. if u have an aftermarket exhaust u should have a stopper to put on the motor to trick the ecu into thinking that its still functioning in order to not have ur FI light throwin codes.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

you can remove the servo motor and it doesnt effect the running of the bike other than it will trip the FI light.

on the 07-08 i found a gain in overall powerband and a much more crisp feel in general by removing the complete stock exhaust headers and all and replacing it with one, without a cat and not using that exhaust valve.. also doing the wire jump mod

-kane
Old 12-29-2008, 01:45 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kaneone
you can remove the servo motor and it doesnt effect the running of the bike other than it will trip the FI light.

on the 07-08 i found a gain in overall powerband and a much more crisp feel in general by removing the complete stock exhaust headers and all and replacing it with one, without a cat and not using that exhaust valve.. also doing the wire jump mod

-kane
why would the jumper mod affect anything on a system with no exhaust valve? the jumper mod is to keep the valve wide open at rpms higher than 12k rpms as with the american units they made it to close slightly to reduce noise levels to try and comply with the epa...atleast thats my understanding of it. and with any exhaust mod's if u dont put on a power commnander and get it tuned properly you just wasted your money
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kaneone

-kane
I have an aftermarket exhaust and i removed the cat. what is the wire jump mod? and how do i do it? Thanks for the help by the way.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ABEStunts
I have an aftermarket exhaust and i removed the cat. what is the wire jump mod? and how do i do it? Thanks for the help by the way.
see above post
Old 12-29-2008, 10:23 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

abe, search "jumper mod" on kawiforums.com... there will be threads with pics and all, and it's easy, right under the seat, takes about 5 minutes.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by John LegionST
abe, search "jumper mod" on kawiforums.com... there will be threads with pics and all, and it's easy, right under the seat, takes about 5 minutes.

fixed thanks for the help!!!