Fork Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:58 PM

OKGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point
Fork Conversion

Does any one know if you can swap a set of 04-05 GSXR forks with the triple tree on a 01 f4i?
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Fork Conversion

You can but you need 929/954 triples to do it. I got GSXR 1000 front end on my bike and it fit perfect w the 929/954 triple.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

gsxr forks wont fit in the f4i triples.

I been doin a little research on the gsxr front end on a f4i...from what I've read so far you need 929/954 triples and the gsxr forks,rims, brakes, clipons.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:49 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
You can but you need 929/954 triples to do it. I got GSXR 1000 front end on my bike and it fit perfect w the 929/954 triple.
what about the triple width, is it the same like on the gsxr...or better asked...do you need new spacers for the front wheel and rotors or does it all bolt right on?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 PM

thanks for the help guys!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

GOTTA USE A 929 /954 TRIPPLE F4I TRIPLE IS MUCH TOO SMALL LIKE A 43 MM AND THE OTHERS ARE 50MM ON TOP AND 52 ON THE LOWER I BELIEVE
Old 12-28-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by T'RIC'KY
what about the triple width, is it the same like on the gsxr...or better asked...do you need new spacers for the front wheel and rotors or does it all bolt right on?
i took my gsxr triple and put against the 954 and it looks like the same width.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OKGSXR
i took my gsxr triple and put against the 954 and it looks like the same width.
thanks for the info
Old 12-28-2008, 06:39 PM

Endo Andy is a decent person

i think i recall about a month or two ago, some dude used a 06/07 gsxr tripple clamp. i'll dig and see if i can find it.

scratch that.....it was a complete 06/07 gsxr front end on a 03/04 636
Old 12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

OK.. what about the bearings in the steering stem.. ?
If I swap for a 954 triple, do I need to buy 954 bearings or F4i bearings?
I mean.. might as well get new bearings while swappin out the front end anyways... dont't you think?

just wanted to know which ones I needed to pick up, and do I need any special spacers or are there any special tricks to swappin them out?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by T'RIC'KY
Ummmm Ezec did it too and he told me you needed spacers for the calipers but not on the one on my bike Maybe different years you need em and some you dont

Originally Posted by Endo Andy
i think i recall about a month or two ago, some dude used a 06/07 gsxr tripple clamp. i'll dig and see if i can find it.

scratch that.....it was a complete 06/07 gsxr front end on a 03/04 636
You could use the gsxr triples too to put the GSXR f/e on an F4i. Someone on here did it and it wasnt as easy as using 929/954 triples but it could be made to work. I have a bunch of saved pm's from him if anyone needs em. lemme know and ill post em up if you need the info.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I mean.. might as well get new bearings while swappin out the front end anyways... dont't you think?

just wanted to know which ones I needed to pick up, and do I need any special spacers or are there any special tricks to swappin them out?
I think they're the same
Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke

i was wondering about the stem too but i wont know till i get it going. bearnings were just put in the gsxr stem. ill let you know what happens.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Ummmm Ezec did it too and he told me you needed spacers for the calipers but not on the one on my bike Maybe different years you need em and some you dont

You could use the gsxr triples too to put the GSXR f/e on an F4i. Someone on here did it and it wasnt as easy as using 929/954 triples but it could be made to work. I have a bunch of saved pm's from him if anyone needs em. lemme know and ill post em up if you need the info.

yea man if you can post em id appreciate it