Blew out my knee..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
StuntUSA MOD

Miss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to behold
Re: Blew out my knee..

Originally Posted by Lb3
Blowing a knee out sucks. It's never the same again.
+1!!! It definitely sucks.

PT is definitely the best thing you can do after surgery, too. You can't do it all on your own because you don't know what you're doing right or wrong and they stretch you in ways you can't stretch yourself. PT is no joke, its definitely needed. Its a big time commitment but you gotta do what you gotta do in order to get better, otherwise you'll be fucked the rest of your life.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:41 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

Called the Ortho, they want $500 bucks just for walking in and God forbid I need an MRI. Guess it would have been smarter to have gotten that insurance that I thought I would have never of needed..

Anyway, Been reading up on a lot of stuff, and I can actually walk on my leg without much of a limp, almost non exsistant. I don't have any pain when I do either. Only time I get pain is when I bend my knee to the extent of wanting to ride my bike with my foot on the rearset. I can squat, lift my leg up sitting on my side, walk and lift it up while sitting.

I still stay off it though for the most part. I just do a few tests here and there.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:43 PM

DRgreenthumb1 is a decent person

I have had a knee prolblem for years now and it's geting to the point were it will pop out at any given time and i have to force my leg straight to pop it back in I have never went to see a doctor because of no health insurance. anyone have this prolblem of just poping out anytime?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
StuntUSA MOD

Miss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Neosporin
Called the Ortho, they want $500 bucks just for walking in and God forbid I need an MRI. Guess it would have been smarter to have gotten that insurance that I thought I would have never of needed..

Anyway, Been reading up on a lot of stuff, and I can actually walk on my leg without much of a limp, almost non exsistant. I don't have any pain when I do either. Only time I get pain is when I bend my knee to the extent of wanting to ride my bike with my foot on the rearset. I can squat, lift my leg up sitting on my side, walk and lift it up while sitting.

I still stay off it though for the most part. I just do a few tests here and there.
Your doctor will almost definitely want an MRI. Its pretty common whenever there is any type of injury. You definitely need insurance. You never know when something like this is going to happen.

Like Chris Rock said before, "Insurance should be called 'in case **** happens.'"

A dead giveaway that something is torn is that if when you bend your knee, you hear a pop sound... like the noise when you open a soda can.

I'm healing currently from ACL replacement... about 10 weeks out now. 3 years ago I had my lateral (sp?) meniscus taken out, all from the same injury. It's never fun but you do what you gotta do to get better.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

Yeah, deffinately going to look into some "In case **** happens". I haven't heard a pop since the night it happened, but I'll look out for it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:51 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Murph 636
I guess it depends on what method you get done man....but I had the donor cadaver done, and I was riding in march or april, but as far as having full range of motion is what I sucked at. It took a while for me to get that back, while being able to comfortably participate in sports and working out and stuff, it's not something that I was really able to commit to fully when I got out of rehab.

everyone is different for sure. a friend of mine had the same surgury as me with the same doctor and his recovery time was tripple what mine was.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

i shattered my kneecap about 5 years ago and im stronger and faster than ever before...
its all about the time you put in for rehab (i did need surgery to put the kneecap back together though). stretching and moving and then eventually lifting weights and running and jumping are the most important things you can do
Old 12-31-2008, 02:49 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Neosporin

alot of times you can get right back to things just a couple days later and you will feel fine, but your knee will still be messed up. If you notice it binding up, making noise or feeling 'loose' then you did something internally that will need to be looked into.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:57 PM

Griffy is a decent person

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
Ive hyperextended both knees,**** never healed 100%. I can no longer sqat down real low or do frogpodiums,it kinda sucks,lol.
+1 luckily its only one of my knees though when i climb into frogger its pretty painful.