how does titles work when.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:50 PM

vasponger is a decent person
how does titles work when.....

I have guy that might want to buy my title. I am just stunting the bike i have now once i get it running and need the cash. And guess he needs a clean title. Well If I sell the title , can i get fucked any way if i just lot the bike and that kind of ****? Bc cops come by my house alot bc i always get new bikes and all that , and they want to make sure i dont have anything illegal. Stupid b.s. But can they get me for anything if once i sell the title to someone and they run my vins ?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 PM

wjerlinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Stolen...

I may be wrong but...

If he switches the title to his name, reports it stolen, and you get caught with it - it's stolen! And he will have all the papers to prove it's his, so I think you COULD get screwed.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:22 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person
Re: how does titles work when.....

well...im not sure on the complete details, but if you wanted to be sure it was completely clean, sell him the frame and title. then you slap a titless frame on your bike, and you are both safe. i wouldnt just sell the title unless you REALLY know the guy. he could buy the title off you, and then turn around a week later and say you stole the bike. you would then have to give the bike to him and be fucked over big time.

or what wjerlinger just said.

Last edited by jebova2301; 12-14-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typing while he posted
Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 PM

hell yea i know what your saying. Just dont use the bike on the street much. I never title any of my bikes anyways incase something happens none of them come back to me , as if i have to run and ditch the bike or if something else. either way FTP.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

if you never title the bikes, how can you sell him the title? and if you just think FTP, why worry about them? i wouldnt sell just the title, but thats me. its your choice to do what you want

and it doesnt matter how much you use it on the street. if he has the title, it doesnt matter who has the bike. whoever has it can be considered in possession of stolen property. all he has to do is say it got stole

Last edited by jebova2301; 12-14-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vasponger
I have guy that might want to buy my title. I am just stunting the bike i have now once i get it running and need the cash. And guess he needs a clean title. Well If I sell the title , can i get fucked any way if i just lot the bike and that kind of ****? Bc cops come by my house alot bc i always get new bikes and all that , and they want to make sure i dont have anything illegal. Stupid b.s. But can they get me for anything if once i sell the title to someone and they run my vins ?
Originally Posted by vasponger
hell yea i know what your saying. Just dont use the bike on the street much. I never title any of my bikes anyways incase something happens none of them come back to me , as if i have to run and ditch the bike or if something else. either way FTP.
If the title your selling him isn't in your name then there's no way the title can come back to you.

However if you get caught on that bike and the vin is ran, you could get nabbed for stolen property.

Selling the title basically ruins the value of the bike when you want to sale it, why would you want to sale the title?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:24 PM

Bc right now Im in the process of moving into my new apt , I need extra cash. The bike is at my buddy house that works on all my stuff since I dont have time to ever do anything bc of work and that kind of stuff. It will be running within the next 2 weeks for sure. I just have to get settled in my apt and then get a chance to go pick the bike back up . I am just planning on using it as a lot bike bc of the high miles and that kind of stuff , So dont need a title but yeah I would want to have one incase a cop comes to my apt and ask to see prove and that kind of stuff. The part of richmond im moving to is not a good part of town to have a bike with no way to prove its yours. Pretty bad part of town and I know a story about me buying the bike and the guy never sent the title wont work with these dick richmond cops. Im going to hang on to the title just so i dont get screwed over somehow . Bc I see where dude is coming from like u said If he got the title and then waited a few weeks and call the cops and say some dude stole my bike and I found it online for sale . I would be pretty much fucked.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:45 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

exactly...good choice bro