flat bars or round bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person
flat bars or round bars

I've got a sick innovations round bar for my 07 gixxer 600. I bought it because someone said that a round bar is better for the bike when it's dragging or somethin and that a flat bar would be worse for the bike when it's dragging. I don't know if that's true but I would definetly rather have a flat bar. So let me know what you guys think. Flat bar or round bar, which one would be better or which one would you recomend for that particular bike?
Old 12-13-2008, 02:26 PM

J150 is a decent person
Re: flat bars or round bars

depends on your syle if you are doing more touch and goes then round bars are better falt bars are usualy for longer scrapes in my opinion first can you scrape the plastics or are close to it if not no pint in getting one or you will kill your subframe
Old 12-13-2008, 02:34 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Ever been hit in the back with a flat bar? Endos gone wrong!. I'm a round bar person myself
Old 12-13-2008, 02:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by J150
depends on your syle if you are doing more touch and goes then round bars are better falt bars are usualy for longer scrapes in my opinion first can you scrape the plastics or are close to it if not no pint in getting one or you will kill your subframe
hell I had the exact OPPOSITE experience

with my 12 bar, I can scrape MAX 10 foot, it ALWAYS pitches me.. I use my 12 bar JUST for touch and goes, or for parking on it..

When I get on my friends bikes, it seems like if you throw it up straight, get on hte bar and start scraping, I can LITERALLY scrape a block or more at 40mph no problem

Sometimes I get to wobblin a little, but usually as long as I keep the bike straight, the round bar tracks straight

hell sometimes i'll start to fall to the side on a round bar, and lean the other way and bring it back up
Old 12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

do you like flat chested women (flat bar) or big round ******* (round bar)?

Make your decision based off that
Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM

crx23 is a decent person

heres what happened to my leg when i highsided my buddys bike that had a 12 bar on it, im pretty sure it was cut from the edge of the bar,last thing to be cut was the tenden
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	l_35b36b125d024ab5b0e1bfded804e3b2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	218066   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_0887005086c74d41a4e35990e74de998.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	218067   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_d34b15904ac34743a6825b0d52885a50.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	218068  
Old 12-13-2008, 04:13 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

round bar is safer and really looks better too...
P- (484) 494-3136
Old 12-13-2008, 04:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crx23
heres what happened to my leg when i highsided my buddys bike that had a 12 bar on it, im pretty sure it was cut from the edge of the bar,last thing to be cut was the tenden
wow that is in about the worst place it could be , how are you now ?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:24 PM

crx23 is a decent person

im good now, i didn't even know it happened at first until i saw the blood on my sock. it got a small infection so its been taking about 3 weeks to heal up but im ready to get back riding now, i'll be putting in a order for a subcage here shortly for christmas,you do any sponsor ships or deals im trying to get a demo disc together to send out.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crx23
im good now, i didn't even know it happened at first until i saw the blood on my sock. it got a small infection so its been taking about 3 weeks to heal up but im ready to get back riding now, i'll be putting in a order for a subcage here shortly for christmas,you do any sponsor ships or deals im trying to get a demo disc together to send out.
glad your ok i was thinking because of the achilles tendon you may have lost movement in your foot and sorry no sponsorship deals right now
Old 12-13-2008, 04:42 PM

crx23 is a decent person

it would have probably needed major surgery if it was cut anymore,the reason it happened was because the guy in front of me locked up his brakes for no reason,so when the bike threw me off i was about 2feet away from him and i landed right beside the tail of his bike,if i was an inch over i would probably be parilized or in real bad shape because of his round bar

Last edited by crx23; 12-13-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i have never run a round bar. i ran no bar, lol. but i like my flat bar. i can stick my foot in it, the hell with sticking my foot in the seat and cutting a whole in the seat and sewing that bitch. im a man i dont do those kinda things. lol. and i know apehangers are oldschool and ppl make fun of me but i still thing they are sick and so are watchtowers, those still split my wig any day! i vote for flat bar.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i have never run a round bar. i ran no bar, lol. but i like my flat bar. i can stick my foot in it, the hell with sticking my foot in the seat and cutting a whole in the seat and sewing that bitch. im a man i dont do those kinda things. lol. and i know apehangers are oldschool and ppl make fun of me but i still thing they are sick and so are watchtowers, those still split my wig any day! i vote for flat bar.

You can do Ape hangers and other bar tricks with a round bar.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

the only reason i want a 12 instead of round is becouse i wanna put my foot in the 12... im to tall for foot in seat and the round bar to small to foot in.... my .02cents
Old 12-13-2008, 05:18 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by Dilts646
You can do Ape hangers and other bar tricks with a round bar.
i'll leave that one up to you to try and let me know how it goes!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:28 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i'll leave that one up to you to try and let me know how it goes!

Have you seriously never seen anyone do ape hangers or other bar tricks besides just scrapping with a round bar? It's Looks way better, but I suck so I don't see me doing ape hangers with a round bar any time soon.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:31 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Have you seriously never seen anyone do ape hangers or other bar tricks besides just scrapping with a round bar? It's Looks way better, but I suck so I don't see me doing ape hangers with a round bar any time soon.
yea never seen it. and i own a fat stack of stunt dvds! been to many shows and bike nights and whatnot, been to stuntwars, never ever seen it
Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 PM
injured

purcy89 is a decent person

Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 AM

Hazen is a decent person

Round Bar FTW.

Flat bars are dangerous. Knew a guy that got Paralyzed from a flat bar hitting him in the spine when he flipped a stoppie on the way to work.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:20 AM

stevestunt is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Danger_Dave;3677695]i have never run a round bar. i ran no bar, lol. but i like my flat bar. i can stick my foot in it, the hell with sticking my foot in the seat and cutting a whole in the seat and sewing that bitch.

screw them flat bars!! there like a meat hook bolted to the back of the bike.

sure you can put your foot in them, but youl see when it puts itself in your foot, leg, back or where ever..

Quick Reply: flat bars or round bars