another 600rr vs f4i thread, please some insight!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:44 AM

da Liks is a decent person
Re: another 600rr vs f4i thread, please some insight!

sick, too bad the lighting sucks.. you got better pics of your bike?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:54 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by da Liks
too late, already have it
i'll keep you guys updated but it 'll take a few weeks. i have to get it checked and approved first to get a license plate on it!
hope it works out for you,the 03-04's Ive stunted have absolutly no low end power,nice looking bikes though
Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 AM
AZ's Finest!

Originally Posted by shotta
The 600RR is a mans bike! The f4i is just an easy cop out. its for ******! Anybody can do anything on an f4I. F4 easy riders gets no respect from me. IMO it should just be a starter learner bike, or what you get if you cant afford a 600rr, but I dont think "pros" should still be using f4i's unless its just for financial reasons.
thats the stupidest **** Ive ever heard,dont blame your weak skills on your crappy bike
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not know that much about the 03-06 version 600rr's but the 07-08 600rr is the hardest stunt bike to manage EVER. The motor is so unmanageable that when Bill D road my bike he thought that it was running out of gas . It is fast and will go where you want it to go but you need to have a super steady throttle hand.

-AC
Old 12-23-2008, 12:05 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
I do not know that much about the 03-06 version 600rr's but the 07-08 600rr is the hardest stunt bike to manage EVER. The motor is so unmanageable that when Bill D road my bike he thought that it was running out of gas . It is fast and will go where you want it to go but you need to have a super steady throttle hand.

-AC
i've heard this alot about the 07's, two of my friends both got em cuz they lookedd dope, but disgusted when they started stuntin them.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:11 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

I have an 01 f4i and I like it ok. I had an 04 RR and loved it for certain things. Stoppies and burnouts are rediculous on the RR. But its a little cramped if ur a bigger rider. The tank sucks for everything on the RR. Both bikes were +14 in gearing. Both had exhaust. The RR pulled like a damn freight train... I'd like to have another one. It was WAAAAAAY more powerful than the f4i, not to mention lighter
Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 PM

again: thanks everyone for chipping in!!! so Colton thinks the newer ones are tough to ride, i heard that too, but i heard the motors of the first 2 models were fine. now the comments of Tanus and Rowdy are a bit contradictionary: Tanus says it has no low end, Rowdy says it pulls like a beast. off course i am hoping for the last. i got a stock exhaust, and i have a Rapid Bike laying around so my dyno sponsor could make some adjustments if i would want to try that. i already started taking the race fairings off, i am receiving an upper and some sides after christmas, then off to the painter. its gonna be black, silver lowers white wheels with silver striping, and white/silver stickers.. i am gonna make my own cage (probably like race rails or shouldnt i do that?) and rock a single caliper handbrake..
Old 12-23-2008, 05:10 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

again: thanks everyone for chipping in!!! so Colton thinks the newer ones are tough to ride, i heard that too, but i heard the motors of the first 2 models were fine. now the comments of Tanus and Rowdy are a bit contradictionary: Tanus says it has no low end, Rowdy says it pulls like a beast. off course i am hoping for the last. i got a stock exhaust, and i have a Rapid Bike laying around so my dyno sponsor could make some adjustments if i would want to try that. i already started taking the race fairings off, i am receiving an upper and some sides after christmas, then off to the painter. its gonna be black, silver lowers white wheels with silver striping, and white/silver stickers.. i am gonna make my own cage (probably like race rails or shouldnt i do that?) and rock a single caliper handbrake..
One thing that sucks about the bike is the front motor mount is REALLY low.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 PM
AZ's Finest!

now the comments of Tanus and Rowdy are a bit contradictionary: Tanus says it has no low end, Rowdy says it pulls like a beast.
the one I rode was stock gearing and at the time my f4i had stock gears too, like that my f4i had a bog at idle but the 600rr I rode had a bog anywhere under 4,000rpms

edit- it did have alot more topend and mid rage than the f4i

Last edited by *Tanus*; 12-23-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:31 PM

brandon kloss is a decent person

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
the one I rode was stock gearing and at the time my f4i had stock gears too, like that my f4i had a bog at idle but the 600rr I rode had a bog anywhere under 4,000rpms
you didnt ride thr right 600rr then, mine is probobly the torquiest 600 i've ridden, eveyone who has rode it is probobly going to ageree with me. No offense
Old 12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
AZ's Finest!

Originally Posted by brandon kloss
you didnt ride thr right 600rr then, mine is probobly the torquiest 600 i've ridden, eveyone who has rode it is probobly going to ageree with me. No offense
no offense taken, some bikes are stronger than others,even right from the factory
Old 12-23-2008, 11:21 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Twite was doing 4th gear SS O's on mine with the idle at around 3,500rpms... +14 gearing. The fact that it SCREAMS all the way to 16,000 rpm is amazing too. Anyone that complains about throttle chop is clearly a parking lot kid that grew up on a 600 and doesnt know how to not grab a handful of gas when its not needed. I grew up on liter bikes and remember what it was like to not have to twist the throttle out of the tube. I had ZERO problems with mine. The fact that it has 2 injectors per cylinder make it much more responsive than the Dinosaur f4i, but I think The only problem u will have is with that tank... Maybe the map in the ecu since its a race bike. That can be fixed easliy
Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 AM

thanks!
i used to stunt a 900 too, and ride a 954 on the street so i guess the throttle chop will be alright.
well i am just taking off the pc3 and keeping the ecu stock for a while. if i feel i need to remap it with the rapidbike i will..i am worried about the tank thing.. not about denting it cuz i've done that to my friends bike but i never rode one! never tried tankstuff on it and i reaally like doing tank tricks. i just wanna be able to pull through ( i can do so on my f4i with stock upper and stock position clipons) and jump to special K and stuff.. well i am gonna have the clipons on top on the rc51 front end so that should help..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 AM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice bro! I think you will love it.

Like Colton said the 07-08 are hard to stunt but the 03-06 are just fine.

The 07-08 are pretty good in circles, but on the straightline, I tought I wanna gonna **** my pants when I did a jump to 50-50. Slightest let go off the throttle and BAM you panncake.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM

damnn.. o well if the 03/06´s are fine than i am happy! just a lil worried about the tanktricks and pulling through. i've already gathered almost all the parts to make it stock so i can import it and get a license plate. so when i have everything together (hopefully next week) then its off to the painter! simple black&white paintjob. anybody know if i can easily mod the stock exhaust to make it sound better (i'll keep 1 stock exhaust for practice and i want to mod another stock 1 for shows..)? the stock cans are cheap, aftermarkets f'in expensive! i've got a 56 tooth sprocket for it, nothing too drastic..
Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 AM
GAME OVER *****

0410R will become famous soon enough0410R will become famous soon enough

here in miami theres a guy that dented the tank without cutting the plastic hes going to send me the info and pics on how to do it perfectly illpm u everytign when i get it
Old 12-24-2008, 11:17 AM

bash in the actual take, take the cover and heat it up with a torch and push down right? did it a few times before, looks almost factory.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
GAME OVER *****

0410R will become famous soon enough0410R will become famous soon enough

bash in the actual take, take the cover and heat it up with a torch and push down right? did it a few times before, looks almost factory.

yeha but i have to be carefull with the torch dont want to melt the cover
Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 PM

brandon kloss is a decent person

If you like the feel of cli ons v.s. dirt bars go with the Full throttle darwin bars, you can get them with dirt tubes, or strait, I got the strait, they're dope they lift your bar hight up 3" from stock, witch you will definetly want, you can't run clip ons on top of your triple or your tire is going to put a hole in your radiator. I had woodcrafts under the triple and the bar height is way below the tank, and I'm kind of a bigger guy and don't have the flexability for tank tricks without that extra 3", and I improved my stoppies unbelievable.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:26 PM

ok thanks.. well, i have a rc51 front end with a 954 triple. that setup is longer than the 600rr front end, so i guess that wont be a real problem. i have (and want) to go with Vortex clipons cuz Vortex Europe sponsors me..

Quick Reply: another 600rr vs f4i thread, please some insight!