Callouses and gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough
Re: Callouses and gloves?

that makes sense towlie. i honestly think wetting them played a big part in my success with them. these werent very comfortable at all till then. its as if they are custom molded to my hands now. i HIGHLY recommend giving them another shot. my first pair (red) got caught in the rain riding home from work and i threw em in the dryer. they came out crunchy but next time i wore em, they softened up even more then when i first bought them and it was like they were custom molded to my hands. i put my second pair (black) under the faucet doing the same process and even though they were very weird fitting originally, they also feel custom molded to my hands. i could see how they would rip without doing this. mine were very loose in the palm and very tight in the fingers till i "molded" them. try it, youll be surprised.

Last edited by RROCCO; 12-11-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I always get my full leather gloves soaked to break them in right. if they are suede or have multi fabrics then I leave them alone.. these are what I wear.
http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/Pr...=70095001F.jpg

Old 12-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I always get my full leather gloves soaked to break them in right. if they are suede or have multi fabrics then I leave them alone.. these are what I wear.
http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/Pr...=70095001F.jpg

BS

These look more like your stunt gloves

Old 12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

hahaha

neoprenen gloves! haha they suck though for real!
it's actually kind of hard to shoot my bow with any gloves on, but I can't wear those type of gloves hunting even... You got one part right at least, it IS mossy oak camo though... LOL
Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

My left hand is bad on the palm of my hand & my clutch & HB finger. I will get blisters under my callouses
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 PM

chik636rydr is a decent person

I've never had problems with callouses while riding. I don't even get them at work eventhough I work at a shipyard and build ships. lol

NEVER cut your callouses dude. You are making it worse. The right way to get rid of them is to soak your hands is hot water to soften the skin, get yourself a pumice stone and scrub the callouses with lotion on the skin. Do this and keep lotion on your hands and they will go away. Not to mention you will have ultra soft hands for your lady friends. Girls just lovvvvvvveee a man with some soft hands.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
with lotion on the skin.
or it gets the hose again!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:26 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
NEVER cut your callouses dude.
I always cut mine, I heard from multiple people thats the best way, mine never bother me,unless I dont ride(after breaking a bone) then they hurt for a couple weeks
Old 12-12-2008, 01:43 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I've had the same problem before. I bought a pair of Alpinestars that fit like **** and started giving me callouses and lots of pain. I threw 'em in the shed with the shovels for digging ditches, bought some MX gloves....and haven't had a problem since. Check out the closeout section at denniskirk.com.....you can get some sweet MX gloves for about $7.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:26 PM

cirtem is an unknown quantity at this point

MX gloves with a super snug fit
and for those hard days your really giving it

Baby Powder...as gay as it sounds the **** eats moisture and even when your sweating its impossible to get a blister if the moisture is getting sucked away...just a bit on your palms and then throw your gloves on and give er ****
plus your hands smell extra fresh hahaha
Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

So far it sounds like the gloves are the culprite, I got me xxl all xl are usually a tad too small. And the shitty 15.99 mechanic gloves I can't remember getting callouses like these. As for the cutting them it helps and is more efficient remaval method, I don't draw blood or cut/trim deep enough to even feel the x acto knife.