knee pains/problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: knee pains/problems

more muscles around your joints will prevent injuries. pills may only mask a problem
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the club, it sucks.

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
ha! i defeintly know im not the only one....

anyone have any miracle fixes
or anything to help hhaaha

i try an stretch and that helps with general soreness but lately my knees have been killing me
Old 12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

glucosomine can be bought in pill form, or in a drink formula....i bought this **** at sams called "joint juice" it seemed to help me, coulda been all in my head, i don't know.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:28 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tore my MCL in August and my knee still isn't 100%.

Anyone have a good knee brace recommendation?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Clutchitup.com

2 Vicious Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

i get wicked knee pain all the time, Aleve is what helps me the best, or tylenol arthretis. worth a shot, may help yah may not
Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

ICE BATH!!!

Sounds miserable but it really does help with aches and pains.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Armenian
more muscles around your joints will prevent injuries. pills may only mask a problem
+1 not only prevent, but make em feel better after the fact too.. Had LCL tear a few years back, not enough to need surgery. Been weak still is.. But taking it slow and working my way back up has made it feel close to normal, and that muscle provides a cushion and prevents adding more wear and tear..

For those of you who call yourself pros, professional athletes, whatever.. and yr not working out, you are wrong... and that doesn't mean you have to workout to be the next mr. olympia, so you can't do your ninja tuck moves anymore there children..
Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

cocaine will make u feel wonderful
Old 12-02-2008, 07:50 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

+1, again............for Glucosamine. If I take 2 pills the night before a big session, my knee feels noticeably better the next day. Now, if I could just remember to take it every day...LOL
Old 12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
StuntUSA MOD

Miss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
ya i didnt do all the physical therapy i should have.

what do they have you doing
Go to physical therapy. I go three days a week for almost 2 hours each time, its a big time commitment but the results are worth the effort

Strengthening your quad muscles is key. You need to start off low and work your way up. Straight leg raises (with your good knee bent) are helpful. Even keeping your bag leg straight (if you can, dont force it) and press your knee down to contract the quad muscle will help.

http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/art...K_therapy.html
Read that. I do all those exercises at PT and they describe the movement better than I can.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
StuntUSA MOD

Miss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to beholdMiss Chievous is a splendid one to behold

You can also get a shot from an ortho doctor, but that'll only give you temporary relief too. If you want long term benefits, see a doctor and go to PT.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
glucosomine can be bought in pill form, or in a drink formula....i bought this **** at sams called "joint juice" it seemed to help me, coulda been all in my head, i don't know.
i'll have to check that out, thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mikkee
+1 not only prevent, but make em feel better after the fact too.. Had LCL tear a few years back, not enough to need surgery. Been weak still is.. But taking it slow and working my way back up has made it feel close to normal, and that muscle provides a cushion and prevents adding more wear and tear..

For those of you who call yourself pros, professional athletes, whatever.. and yr not working out, you are wrong... and that doesn't mean you have to workout to be the next mr. olympia, so you can't do your ninja tuck moves anymore there children..
Words from a wise man.

I've never taken a drop of Glucosamine in my life and my joints never hurt and i was in the Navy for 10 years up and down ladders and through scuttles all day long in steel toes. Glucosamine is for senior citizens as far as I'm concerned LOL. Only pills i take every day are amino acids, fish oil, green tea and a multi. I also eat like crap but still try to avoid the saturated fats.

Oh ya and if you smoke, quit. Thats not helping your joints. Plus its a waste of time, money, makes you smell like *** and its completely unneccessary.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Chievous
Go to physical therapy. I go three days a week for almost 2 hours each time, its a big time commitment but the results are worth the effort

Strengthening your quad muscles is key. You need to start off low and work your way up. Straight leg raises (with your good knee bent) are helpful. Even keeping your bag leg straight (if you can, dont force it) and press your knee down to contract the quad muscle will help.

http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/art...K_therapy.html
Read that. I do all those exercises at PT and they describe the movement better than I can.
i printed that out
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dizzel406
I havent done much stunting yet, but I have rode Motocross for along time. All we used to do is strech before and after you ride (after help with flexiblity aand ****) other then that get a good hook on some pain pills. Thats the only thing that works for me anymore
^^^can tell from your avatar

Originally Posted by Miss Chievous
<----------- example of bad knee pain I had ACL replacement surgery a month ago.

GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!! You could have some serious damage and not know it yet.

Do you feel your kneecap buckle when you walk? How often do you have pain?

The gluocosamine (sp?) and espom salts mentioned earlier are good temporary reliefs. Same with advil or any other type of pain meds. Wearing a knee brace is a good idea, too.

I do recommend stretching but you need to be careful in how you stretch b.c you could do more damage if you don't know what your doing. If your knee is locked and you can't straighten it, don't force it. You need to lay off your leg and ice your knee. I can describe some physical therapy exercises if you think it would be helpful.
my knee seems to buckle when fully extended since my last wreck....is that a sign of a more serious problem than a serious sprain?? (thats what they told me i have)....still pending MRI

Originally Posted by mikkee

*cough*SAVAGE LIN*cough*

+1 on wrists hurting. Vicodin and beer have been the only fix for me lately but i only got the vics cuz i broke my arm.

Last edited by CRA$H AZ; 12-02-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

Oh ya and if you smoke, quit. Thats not helping your joints. Plus its a waste of time, money, makes you smell like *** and its completely unneccessary.[/quote]

thanks mom
Old 12-02-2008, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cincykillz
Oh ya and if you smoke, quit. Thats not helping your joints. Plus its a waste of time, money, makes you smell like *** and its completely unneccessary.

i'm trying dammit
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

thanks guys! i noticed i felt better when i used to take a multi an fish oil an whatnot so i just started to again today and gonna get some glucosimine. or how ever you spell it. haha i read earlier that emu oil is good too ?! haha

but mikkee you theory on workn out helps you feel better after riding...
thats nonsense!

ya i know im just a slacker alright... haha and ill keep the excuse of it keeps me skinny an ninja like! hahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

arm pump is the only thing i struggle with, have to stop riding after a while because its gets so bad, ive heard a couple guys said to take a pain killer before riding, havent tried that yet, maybe that might help
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve

My Hands Go Numb

Quick Reply: knee pains/problems