Raptor pro ez pull..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:53 PM

mikkee is a decent person
Re: Raptor pro ez pull..

Originally Posted by Beto
lol, I love the si cages but once you bend em they are hard as **** to take off and put back on, I dont drop my bike as hard as I used to so I actually like this FI cage since its so easy to take off and put back on, but the handlebars hitting is pretty annoying. Got any pics of the new 905 ****? I've been thinking about getting a tygershark again since they were pretty easy to mount as well.

You rock a homemade cage on your 636 dont you? Hows it been holding up?
Yeah idk what to tell ya.. Tigershark on the 636 is the best and the worst choice.. It's ok cuz it balances it alright wont be hitting clipons etc. But it's sooo heavy makes for a frame motor mount killer, and sux riding with it cuz it makes your bike so heavy.. I've rode between my bike and another with one of those wale of a cage on there, and is much more difficult to ride cuz of the weight of the cage where as I throw my bike around like a rag doll with what I got.. Maybe go back to si at the moment if you need something now, but there all frame killers.. Unless like you said you don't drop your bike hard.. But there's something wrong with that, if yr not dropping yr bike hard regardless of skill level, ur sandbagging it, and not riding hard enough imo..

There's nothing new out for 905 at the moment.. But there putting time aside to to some cage re-design here after the XDL finals.. I think we'll be working down there with them soon. My cage is perfect or at least the right side is.. The stator side needs a little tweaking.. Guna imply some of the things we've had in the past we know work right and with what 905 wants to do, but we're on the same page.. Hopefully they'll have some good stuff out by spring or summer.

Last edited by mikkee; 11-27-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikkee
wow

I didn't say don't use the front motor mount bolt.. It's about putting fourth effort and trial and error for design, to where the main impact point isn't the front motor mount on 75% of yr drops.. The front motor mount would be a secondary impact with a slider that it rolls to after the big impact is already absorbed somewhere else, eliminating broken motor mounts and frames because of poor design..

It's more so about placement of bends with the tubing, balancing the bike correctly to where it doesn't roll to the clipons or tail, and also doesn't directly hit the front motor mount first.. It's really not that hard.. Some bikes will be more difficult than others because of tight motor mount placement like the F4i, but for the most part it can be accomplished for almost all bikes especially the kawi's which is cake..

All cage companies out there do in regards to design changes, or newer companies like tigershark, is making them stronger with more braces, thicker wall tubing, and some even trying to make them lighter... But they are all missing the point with the design, and not only trying to make the cages stronger or lighter, but preform better and keep frames from breaking especially with newer bikes getting lighter and more fragile.. With these fabricators from our cage companies doing this for who knows how many years with cages and before stuntriding, they still havn't figured this out..

That's as Barny style as I can break it down for you.. We'll see if 905 works with us, putting them back on top the cage market where they belong. And no I'm not sponsored by them, nor do I know if I will be in the future.. It just would be nice to have a product out there that works a bit better for some of the prime stuntbikes of choice..

If its not that hard, then where is your design?

I built my own set of 'race rails' which other then being shin bashers, I think are WAY stronger then any other race rails on the market
Old 11-28-2008, 01:49 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If its not that hard, then where is your design?

I built my own set of 'race rails' which other then being shin bashers, I think are WAY stronger then any other race rails on the market
On my bike..

Mine are similar to race rails, but not.. Not shin blasters, and stronger and more effective than ANY CAGE on the market for a kawi...

Though you have an F4i.. Not much you can do with that design because of the motormount placement.. Any fi, or tigershark work fine for your bike and can bash the **** out of it cuz there's not an open motormount to snap off like on the kawi.. Just need to worry about stripping the threads, and because of the mount placement in the middle, having the bike roll to the clipons.. I'm sure yr race rails work fine for an F4i, the stronger the better for the f4i, doan't have to worry about the design as much..
Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

Now that the center section has been cut down, I'm going to run the ez pull on the inside of the brake lever and see if it works since the last one hit that part when I pulled it in.

Won't find out until tomorrow when I can make it to Orlando.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Just because I can't ride, figured I'd add the update to this thread now..
What cha think?

Name:  Picture013.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  53.4 KB
Name:  Picture014.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  37.4 KB
Name:  Picture-2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  40.0 KB
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

my boy has his setup just like that your not gona like it. it puts your break finger to far up on the hand break and you have no leverage. the farther you finger is out on the break lever the nicer it will feel.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

OFF TOPIC. can i buy a new fuel filter for my 06 636 or do i have to clean it????????? thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

[quote=Beto;3643994]yeah looks better now, I would definitely use the honda adjuster, mines got the ez pull adjuster and I had to grind it down to make it work.

shitty cell phone pics...

Name:  IMG_0072.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  84.0 KB

i would go more like this guy has it you will probably move the thing 10 times before you get it how you like. i no i did
Old 12-28-2008, 12:37 AM

Thanks, guess I'll swap the two positions and see if it fits since I have a different adjuster on it.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 PM

Got bored and flipped the clip ons and decided to move the brake onto the inside. Seems I'll have to trim the clutch lever a bit more, but we'll see. Just started riding again, so maybe I'll start doing slow stuff again in a couple more weeks or until I get a leg brace.

Name:  2009_01_18_0023.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  47.7 KB
Name:  2009_01_18_0024.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  40.3 KB
Old 01-18-2009, 07:12 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

holly **** son that break is way down there! how does this feel ??
Old 01-18-2009, 11:33 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
holly **** son that break is way down there! how does this feel ??
He said he was gonna Grind more off of his clutch in an earlier post. I would assume thats why its that low.

If not tho... HOLY ****!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:29 AM

It looks like it sucks, but fingering it, it seems like it may work. I can reach both levers no problem though the brake is via the last knuckle, so..

I'm actually gonna ride it tomorrow and see how it works just riding through town. Does it stop me and if its just uncomfortable. I'll let you know. The damn banjo bolt is in the way.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by Neosporin
It looks like it sucks, but fingering it, it seems like it may work. I can reach both levers no problem though the brake is via the last knuckle, so..

I'm actually gonna ride it tomorrow and see how it works just riding through town. Does it stop me and if its just uncomfortable. I'll let you know. The damn banjo bolt is in the way.
girls must love you and your long fingers let me no how that works out
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

keep ******* with it

just becasue you can "REACH" it doesn't mean its going to help you stunt riding

You could take your clipon's off and mount them down by the tire and still 'reach' them, doesn't mean its gonna ride good!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:22 PM

..Yeah, it was ****.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 PM

..Yeah, it was ****.
have you got it dialed in yet?

I honestly spent weeks getting mine right.. First day I fucked with it for like 3 minutes and my levers were a mile apart (just like yours) and I figured it was good

then I tried getting them closer, and got them pretty close and what I figured was ACE.. but it was still a lil far away

then I kept dicking with them more, mounting and remounting, changing positions, and finally got them really close to where I feel comfortable
Old 01-20-2009, 06:50 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Towlieee
have you got it dialed in yet?

I honestly spent weeks getting mine right.. First day I fucked with it for like 3 minutes and my levers were a mile apart (just like yours) and I figured it was good

then I tried getting them closer, and got them pretty close and what I figured was ACE.. but it was still a lil far away

then I kept dicking with them more, mounting and remounting, changing positions, and finally got them really close to where I feel comfortable
me too... took about a month
i finally have mine in a good spot, they have been mounted, moved, remounted, and tweeked 10 -12 times. then i finally got a functional & comfortable position. i still need to cut my clutch lever down and install my hohey 4 piston and then it should be perfect.