Raptor pro ez pull..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 AM

trid is a decent person
Re: Raptor pro ez pull..

yea I broke a couple but they were some bad rollover wrecks so way do u expect but someone definetely needs to make a better version
Old 11-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

i bought my first one a month or so ago and that arrow position thing broke on me before i even got to ride it. i used i finger to push it in the right postion and it snaped. other than that i like it so far, and everything else seem pretty solid.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM

Marky f4i is a decent person

I jus got my msr easy pull lets see what happens im kinda dissapointed to hear this about this lever
Old 11-26-2008, 01:33 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by Marky f4i
I jus got my msr easy pull lets see what happens im kinda dissapointed to hear this about this lever
just dont tighten it too much and it will be fine!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

I had the line loose when I went to remove the lever, I did most of my adjusting from adjusting the other end because the adjusters felt like they would actually brake if I had too much stress on them. I had the lever adjusters slightly out so I could fine tune the feel. Didn't like how it felt (Had the clutch mounted inside of the brake) so I went to move it to the outside and for some reason decided to see if my OEM adjuster would fit, so with the ez pull off the bike I started to undo the adjuster to line it up to remove the wire and, bam.

No worries though, my OEM won't work, but this other adjuster looks promising. I just have to ride into HAI and swap out the levers and see if this adjuster works. Outside of this incident, the ez pull rocked.

Im going to revise my lever positioning in a second, I'll show you guys what's up for feed back.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:58 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by John LegionST
use the nylon sleeve supplied, grease all bolts and pivots, and get a stock steel Honda barrel adjuster and lock ring...

this post shouldv'e ended the thread...

Stock honda adjuster and run it looser rather than tighter. do all of your adjusting down at the case. and btw... your **** looks hella far apart too??
That's going to be fun for clutch slippin too and workin the HB...... need like 6" long fingers for that set up!!! you could fit a whole nother MSR in between them!!! istead of dual caliper maybe you can be the first to run dual master!!! LOL

good luck with it.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:49 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

Grinded down the center part and located the clutch closer to the brake. need to cut off the lever a small bit more, but seems workable. Deffinately won't be able to use the ez pull adjuster no doubt. No room for the adjuster on there now. Think there's barely enough room to spin the adjuster, but dont have to at the moment but I guess I'll find out.

Name:  handbrake2.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  19.0 KB
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

DUDE YOU SHOULD GET A BREMBO 16X18 MASTER CYLENDER. THAT WAY YOU CAN SWITCH THE BLEEDER AND BANJO BOLT AND GET A TON OF CLEARENCE. BREMBO WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I RAN YOUR EXACT SET UP AND WHEN I SWITCHED IT WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY
Old 11-26-2008, 06:32 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Neosporin
Grinded down the center part and located the clutch closer to the brake. need to cut off the lever a small bit more, but seems workable. Deffinately won't be able to use the ez pull adjuster no doubt. No room for the adjuster on there now. Think there's barely enough room to spin the adjuster, but dont have to at the moment but I guess I'll find out.

yeah looks better now, I would definitely use the honda adjuster, mines got the ez pull adjuster and I had to grind it down to make it work.

shitty cell phone pics...

Name:  IMG_0072.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  94.7 KB

msr and magura billet 13 mm with the hohey 4 piston, I love it
Old 11-27-2008, 01:38 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beto
yeah looks better now, I would definitely use the honda adjuster, mines got the ez pull adjuster and I had to grind it down to make it work.

shitty cell phone pics...

msr and magura billet 13 mm with the hohey 4 piston, I love it

do you really hold on that far at the end of the grip
Old 11-27-2008, 01:59 AM
FYF

motopsycho231 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Neosporin

i run the ezpull behind the brake and it seems to all fit in there good and snug. easy for two finger clutch and handbrake as well as throwing my clutch finger down onto the handbrake for more braking strength
Old 11-27-2008, 07:37 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

if you weren't running the stock clip ons you'd have alot more room too.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Towlieee
do you really hold on that far at the end of the grip
haha yeah I do, I run my bars short and turned into almost stock position, if I put any longer bars on there the bars hit instead of the cage
Old 11-27-2008, 03:50 PM

mikkee is a decent person

gota make sure the setting on the top piece, matches yr easy pull setting otherwise it's putting pressure on the aluminum slide the clutch cable is going through and will break it.

Once I got the top piece set wher it is suppose to, I put some jb weld all up in there to keep the tit from breaking..

Lastly replace the alum cable slide adjustment with one from an F4i.. The size and threads match perfectly, it's metal instead of crap alum.. When you set that adjuster try to set it to the outside where the slit in the slide adjuster is visible and when you pull the clutch lever, the line moves freely so it's not touching or putting pressure on anything..

Do all of this and you won't break it unless you flip yr bike upside down or somehow lands directly on top of it
Old 11-27-2008, 04:01 PM

haha yeah I do, I run my bars short and turned into almost stock position, if I put any longer bars on there the bars hit instead of the cage
but of course you have a wak *** FI cage which puts no thought into their designs, where as how they lay down, roll to clip on gas tank or tail, and have direct impact on the front motor mount.. Well that goes for all cage companies.. GAHHHBAGE every last one of them tiger shark, fi, si, powers

905 is starting to listen, and re designing, after years of trying to explain the concept on what a cage should do, how it should work, and be designed..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:10 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikkee
but of course you have a wak *** FI cage which puts no thought into their designs, where as how they lay down, roll to clip on gas tank or tail, and have direct impact on the front motor mount.. Well that goes for all cage companies.. GAHHHBAGE every last one of them tiger shark, fi, si, powers

905 is starting to listen, and re designing, after years of trying to explain the concept on what a cage should do, how it should work, and be designed..
Where do you want them to put the support if not the biggest main bolt available??

The fairing bolts?

Maybe just "clamp on"?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee

lol, I love the si cages but once you bend em they are hard as **** to take off and put back on, I dont drop my bike as hard as I used to so I actually like this FI cage since its so easy to take off and put back on, but the handlebars hitting is pretty annoying. Got any pics of the new 905 ****? I've been thinking about getting a tygershark again since they were pretty easy to mount as well.

You rock a homemade cage on your 636 dont you? Hows it been holding up?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:50 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

put the clip-ons on top and they wont hit as easy,but I guess that might not work with an upper
Old 11-27-2008, 08:16 PM
hunts and stunts

Where do you want them to put the support if not the biggest main bolt available??

The fairing bolts?

Maybe just "clamp on"?

glue on...

no, no wait..

VELCRO

Old 11-27-2008, 09:46 PM

The fairing bolts?

Maybe just "clamp on"?

wow

I didn't say don't use the front motor mount bolt.. It's about putting fourth effort and trial and error for design, to where the main impact point isn't the front motor mount on 75% of yr drops.. The front motor mount would be a secondary impact with a slider that it rolls to after the big impact is already absorbed somewhere else, eliminating broken motor mounts and frames because of poor design..

It's more so about placement of bends with the tubing, balancing the bike correctly to where it doesn't roll to the clipons or tail, and also doesn't directly hit the front motor mount first.. It's really not that hard.. Some bikes will be more difficult than others because of tight motor mount placement like the F4i, but for the most part it can be accomplished for almost all bikes especially the kawi's which is cake..

All cage companies out there do in regards to design changes, or newer companies like tigershark, is making them stronger with more braces, thicker wall tubing, and some even trying to make them lighter... But they are all missing the point with the design, and not only trying to make the cages stronger or lighter, but preform better and keep frames from breaking especially with newer bikes getting lighter and more fragile.. With these fabricators from our cage companies doing this for who knows how many years with cages and before stuntriding, they still havn't figured this out..

That's as Barny style as I can break it down for you.. We'll see if 905 works with us, putting them back on top the cage market where they belong. And no I'm not sponsored by them, nor do I know if I will be in the future.. It just would be nice to have a product out there that works a bit better for some of the prime stuntbikes of choice..

Quick Reply: Raptor pro ez pull..